Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Great. And better that we all don't bombard Mark with the same email....just check in with Pyrates thread ;-)

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

It was all thanks to Gary - bucket off to him!

Just sharing the news with my fellow troopers.  :blush:

I agree - its been interesting to see this thread turn into a gathering place... Aaron might need a new one just for the actual build.  :lol:

• Like 4

That and this Aarons build thread is already 11 pages and the armor hasn't even arrived yet... What options did you guys get? (trimmed/completed helm etc.) I ended up getting the completed helm, and finished all the mods I wanted to do already, now back to checking email every few minutes.

• Like 2

That and this Aarons build thread is already 11 pages and the armor hasn't even arrived yet... What options did you guys get? (trimmed/completed helm etc.) I ended up getting the completed helm, and finished all the mods I wanted to do already, now back to checking email every few minutes.

Untrimmed armor and helmet kit - if I had a PS4 I would play Battlefront to kill the weekend. My guess is he's boxing things up today then going to start shipping Monday. Hopefully we start seeing emails Monday evening!

• Like 1

Just sharing the news with my fellow troopers. :blush:

I agree - its been interesting to see this thread turn into a gathering place... Aaron might need a new one just for the actual build. :lol:

It's all part of the journey!

I may just end up giving reference to which pages in the end lol.

Good point though! Once my build is done, I will check in with Tony and ask what he would like to see to convenience him as he's a pretty busy person.

I really enjoy having everyone here - it adds energy and the opportunity to meet my fellow troopers in training.

• Like 1

That and this Aarons build thread is already 11 pages and the armor hasn't even arrived yet... What options did you guys get? (trimmed/completed helm etc.) I ended up getting the completed helm, and finished all the mods I wanted to do already, now back to checking email every few minutes.

I went with untrimmed armor, but a trimmed helmet (plus det clips and rubber hand guards as add ons).

Probably could have left the helmet untrimmed, but seeing how the ears are a challenge, it seemed to make sense to just let an expert do that portion.

That also probably means I'll be slightly behind the full untrimmed sets in receiving mine, since untrimmed will ship before trimmed. We will see. :)

• Like 2

The only thing I haven't located is where I'm going to E-6000 this stuff. I might just end up asking to borrow the company shop and crack the bay door - can anyone speak on how long the odor lasts?

Gloves, guards, TD clips and Holster - Full meal deal lol

Oh and extremely amped up for next week!

No joke! Me, too! I can't imagine how the Anovos guys must feel. They're supposed to start shipping next. For their sake, I hope it's true.

The only thing I haven't located is where I'm going to E-6000 this stuff. I might just end up asking to borrow the company shop and crack the bay door - can anyone speak on how long the odor lasts?

I did all of my armor building in my garage... of course, in Canada in the winter, that might not be an option for you.  I really didn't mind the smell of E-6000, but your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

I did all of my armor building in my garage... of course, in Canada in the winter, that might not be an option for you. I really didn't mind the smell of E-6000, but your mileage may vary.

Thank-you!

I'm lucky enough that I have workshop area in the basement, plenty of ventilation for that awesome E-6000 smell...

My basement work shop is right next to the furnace/mech room and don't want the smell to travel to my son's room and the rest. I could wait till the next chinook rolls in.

If the smell is gone after 6-8 hours then I will borrow the shop.

• Like 1

I've been rolling this question around in my head (sorry that it's a bit off topic):

Would this new set of armor molds be considered APv2? The molds have changed, but the overall look has not. Mark has said he made a few improvements in details as well - thus the question.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I've been rolling this question around in my head (sorry that it's a bit off topic):

Would this new set of armor molds be considered APv2? The molds have changed, but the overall look has not. Mark has said he made a few improvements in details as well - thus the question.

Thoughts?

Hmmm... Good question. My impression from what Mark has posted that the molds really didn't change that much except to incorporate the extensions and improved possibly cleaned up certain areas that he thought didn't form well. Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

Again sorry for the delay, we just finished the rough trimming today which is trimming every single part off the sheets, we will start shipping this coming Monday, the untrimmed kits will ship first followed by the fully trimmed kits and lastly the ready to wear orders which are being built by a local authorized AP builder who already has the kits in hand. 

We did many majors changes not just clean up the molds, all leg parts and a few smaller parts are improved, but what set us back quite a bit was the new AB and Kidney plates which are completely new molds, when came the time to form these now much larger parts we ran into major problems and had to reconfigure every single mold on our forming plate to get the proper forming, it was trial and errors with many test pulls to remove all the bugs until I was finally satisfied with the final results. I usually ask for balance when we start forming which takes a week, but my mistake was that I based shipping timing on the old mold set up without anticipating I would run in so many problems.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 6

Hello everyone,

Again sorry for the delay, we just finished the rough trimming today which is trimming every single part off the sheets, we will start shipping this coming Monday, the untrimmed kits will ship first followed by the fully trimmed kits and lastly the ready to wear orders which are being built by a local authorized AP builder who already has the kits in hand.

We did many majors changes not just clean up the molds, all leg parts and a few smaller parts are improved, but what set us back quite a bit was the new AB and Kidney plates which are completely new molds, when came the time to form this now much larger parts we ran into major problems and had to reconfigure every single mold on our forming plate to get the proper forming, it was trial and errors with many test pulls to remove all the bugs until I was finally satisfied with the final results. I usually ask for balance when we start forming which takes a week, but my mistake was that I based shipping timing on the old mold set up without anticipating I would run in so many problems.

Mark (AP)

Many, many humble thanks to you good sir!

• Like 2

Thanks for the update, Mark. We're anticipating an awesome kit and we appreciate you wanting to get it right, even if it means a slight delay. And when I say "we", I mean my brother and I, but I'm sure the guys here all feel the same! We can't wait for the box!

• Like 2

lol and Mark comes here to update all of us on the AP order haha. I guess this is pretty much set in stone that this is the new AP hang out.....

Thanks again Mark for the update. Cannot wait for BBD.

In fairness I invited him to post his update here because of everyone here - if he had the time. I really appreciate that he did!

• Like 3