Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Which brings us to Mark IV - Work smarter not harder -

I came across these small bungee ties at Princess Auto and I found a thread here on a trooper using neoprene cord to make a neck seal which looked pretty sharp.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33648-my-new-neck-seal/

So have started the same using bungees instead of neoprene and hot glue on the backside so it doesn't leak through like the E-6000 (not to mention we are in a wee bit of a cold spell right now and don't want the family to run screaming from the house into the snow)

4f2090531effd0a41cd75dbf58bc3bae.jpg

So far so good - its slow going but proving good so far and still really flexible - I will use fabric and possibly thin foam to cover the inside later as well as using industrial strength Velcro to join the seam.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

And there we have it.. . The story of how the Mark IV came about, in all its not so fantastic glory... Lol. Looks like you learned a bit from this though, and the one you have looks good!

Thank-you kindly! We don't learn till we try for sure mate - learning the do's and never again's is part of the fun. :duim:

• Like 1

Update - almost finished neck seal and living the Christmas Story right now. I asked Mrs. Clause for a: "Official Imperial Order Bolt Action Clip Fed Infinite Pew-pew Shot Range Model E-11 with this thing attached to the scope rail that counts your shots" - "You won't hit any rebels with that thing". Oh no! It was the classic E-11 block from the Mrs. Lol - Happy holidays to all and can't wait to show off that black resin beauty. Cheers troopers!

• Like 3

Yay, another Hero build!  Don't see too many of those.  (:  If you take anywhere near as much time and detail-orientedness (?) with your armor as you are with the soft parts, you'll have Centurion no problem!  Following this thread!

Oh, and contact ATA for Hero ears if you haven't already.  Here's a direct copy of the email I sent:

Hi there, I got your email address from FISD as someone who can make ANH hero Stormtrooper ears.  I'm getting an AM kit, but want to go hero, so need the ears with three bumps instead of four.  Is this something you can help me with?  I'd like to get a couple sets, just in case.  (:

Let me know!

Thanks,
Josh Ward
Kredal on FISD

It ended up costing me $26 for two sets plus shipping.

• Like 1

Yay, another Hero build! Don't see too many of those. (: If you take anywhere near as much time and detail-orientedness (?) with your armor as you are with the soft parts, you'll have Centurion no problem! Following this thread!

Oh, and contact ATA for Hero ears if you haven't already. Here's a direct copy of the email I sent:

It ended up costing me $26 for two sets plus shipping.

Merry Christmas and thanks very much for the help Josh! I just drafted a letter for ATA for those ears and hopefully they have bubble lenses too. Now to wait for the next business day to send it!!!!

• Like 1

Just ordering Hero Ears from ATA !!!

However, need an opinion on bubble lenses please and thanks.

Option 1:

Here's the traditional green but they appear really light (I do intend to use black plastic dip and cheese cloth on the inside of my helmet):

http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/121803191326

Option 2: Same seller but in smoke:

http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/121829272395

3rd Option: Looks like a much darker smoke ( maybe too dark )

http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/321955328756

I thank everyone in advance with your help on this one - and another big thanks to ATA, Tony, and Josh with their help tracking down my ears!

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

I believe hero lenses were smoke grey, not green, and they were one strip with two lenses molded... I wish I could post pictures of my own to show you what I mean... Green lens material were for stunt, not close up, helmets...

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 1

I believe hero lenses were smoke grey, not green, and they were one strip with two lenses molded... I wish I could post pictures of my own to show you what I mean... Green lens material were for stunt, not close up, helmets...

Thanks a ton! I think I know what your talking about - I watched an Andrew Ainsworth segment form them in one strip.

• Like 1

Yes, this is what I am talking about. However, I attached Velcro at the two upper corners and one at the lower corner of the eye sockets, and got smoke flat lenses about 1/4 " overlap of the eye sockets.. My bubble lenses also have Velcro, so this way I can switch between them. You don't want to be trooping with bubble lenses... Lol. Velcro also allows for lots of air flow.

Yes, this is what I am talking about. However, I attached Velcro at the two upper corners and one at the lower corner of the eye sockets, and got smoke flat lenses about 1/4 " overlap of the eye sockets.. My bubble lenses also have Velcro, so this way I can switch between them. You don't want to be trooping with bubble lenses... Lol. Velcro also allows for lots of air flow.

Brilliant!... wait...I swear I seen you write that before on a different thread that I'm following lol - and plan on doing just that!

Was also considering using rare earth magnets with your method to allow for more ventilation.

• Like 1

Earth magnets may be too thick, and may provide a gap between lens and bucket that may be noticeable. I know it's not may, but it seems as though this reply may have too many may words in it....<br><br>

Sounds like a plan, and if you need pictures I can send via email... Just let me know anytime.

• Like 1

Earth magnets may be too thick, and may provide a gap between lens and bucket that may be noticeable. I know it's not may, but it seems as though this reply may have too many may words in it....<br><br>

Sounds like a plan, and if you need pictures I can send via email... Just let me know anytime.

Done like dinner and thanks again - I'll PM you tomorrow! Gotta get some shut-eye the Mrs. wore me out Boxing Day shopping lol - many cheers and appreciation.

• Like 1

I had to lookup what Boxing Day is and was disappointed. I thought everyone went out on the street and bare-knuckled brawled each other. Well, glad you're getting your Hero parts sorted out.

Lol - Hilarious Thanks I needed that before I go back to work today! Cheers!

• Like 1

Starting to round up the last of my necessary build components:

-Canvas for belt and to reinforce ABS shoulder straps

-Belt to support thigh armor

-Suspenders

-Black Plasti Dip

-Cheese cloth

-2" Black elastic

- Black & White Industrial Strength Velcro

• Like 1