Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

lol congrats....still waiting, grumbles about getting trimmed kit. SOOOOOOOOON

Untrimmed armor, trimmed helmet... so I feel your pain. Soon though!! :)

I'm glad to hear others are getting their BBB - soon the trimming shall begin!!

Edited by Sentry71
  • Like 1

I'm just beside myself with eager anticipation and taking in the electricity of BBB's in the air. Soon my friends this part of our journey ends and a new one begins! I can think of no better way to juice everybody up and commemorate the moment other than...Let's Git'r'done!!!

A little "Kickstart my Heart" by Motley Crue also helps.

• Like 4

Sooo excited for you guys!...but also quite jealous!

Thanks mate - looking forward to everyone's wait to be over. Gonna need the jump start to catch up with everyone that got the fully trimmed kit.
  • Like 1

Right then, so there's a benefit to not getting your BBB first. Thanks Knock and SlyFox!

So as identified, there seem to be a couple of mods required for our new AP armor which I have a created a couple of plans for.

As the FISD teaches:

First: No armor comes without a few mods required.

Second: Don't panic (or as I like to call it: Keep Calm and FISD on)

First problem noticed: Kidney Notch - impression of notch included on Kidney plate extensions.

I already have to push in some teeth to make my Hero bucket so this will be some great practice. As they teach with any trade "Practice on Scrap First".

For the Kidney notch I intend to use a small tip sealing iron as usaeatt2 did with his Hero build

Hero Frown and Bicep Question [AP]

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/26792-Hero-Frown-and-Bicep-Question-%5BAP%5D

The area outside of the notch I will coat in Thermotrap gel to prevent the heat from going outside of the work area.

Using the sealing iron and a flat back surface (scrap ABS) the plan is to gently push the unused notch area back in to where I need it once I have things sized up. The sealing iron you can get from a hobby shop and comes with a flat and rounded head plus it won't break the wallet.

Second problem noticed - inner drop boxes to small - this I'm waiting to see in person due to Angie's mega-long Introduction lol (cheers trooper in training) - Post from 68Brick reference Page 3 - Post #55

Hello from Southern Ontario

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/34619-Hello-from-Southern-Ontario

- I believe I can use this gap to my benefit to replicate one drop box for my future cards () and the other drop box to hold the essentials using some wide white elastic and Velcro.

Now my BBB is due Tuesday - with a whim of a prayer I can show pics of the process Tuesday.

We can do this mates! All the reading, ordering, more reading, finding, more reading, and daring to pave the way for those after us. Hold the line with confidence my fellow troopers in training we have the FISD! We are going to be 501st very soon!!!

• Like 4

Thanks Aaron, that clarifies the question I had about the kidney notch fix. I will likely be trimming to original size so this shouldn't be an issue for me. My brother on the other hand, will need to deal with this fix. The way I see it, he has two opportunities to practice on my kidney plate since I'm going to be trimming the extensions off anyway so there will be no excuses! :P Now if I can just get my email notification that it's on the way!   :D

• Like 1

Thanks Aaron, that clarifies the question I had about the kidney notch fix. I will likely be trimming to original size so this shouldn't be an issue for me. My brother on the other hand, will need to deal with this fix. The way I see it, he has two opportunities to practice on my kidney plate since I'm going to be trimming the extensions off anyway so there will be no excuses! :P Now if I can just get my email notification that it's on the way! :D

Always here to help! Hope you get your email soon!

• Like 1

Remember that both the ab and kidney got extended. More than likely, the ab extension will be enough so you can trim the kidney to original size. <br><br>

Congrats getting your BBB soon, Aaron. I've been on ghost status this past week. My mom and sister visited for a few days and then I've been sick as a dog. Still nursing a sore throat. Looking forward to seeing you slinging some ABS

• Like 2

Remember that both the ab and kidney got extended. More than likely, the ab extension will be enough so you can trim the kidney to original size. <br><br>

Congrats getting your BBB soon, Aaron. I've been on ghost status this past week. My mom and sister visited for a few days and then I've been sick as a dog. Still nursing a sore throat. Looking forward to seeing you slinging some ABS

Many thanks!

FISD breaks are healthy and Kiwi fruit brother - lots of it! And a spot of spirits too - hope you're feeling better soon.

• Like 1

The issue with only trimming the kidney would come if that throws the meeting line between the two further back than it should be. Then you're in a worse spot than to start with lol. <br><br>

I'm sure it'll be there, anyone home to sign for it?

• Like 1

The kidney notch should be 22 x 22mm. The AP kit gives you a lot of meat to work with. It's probably more like 66mm x 22mm. He gives you the extra room if you really need it. Most beer belly folks like myself will significantly benefit from the extended ab sides alone. If you really need both at full length, a little scrap abs, ABS paste, and ingenuity can still make this Centurion level. 

• Like 1

If I need it I will try my method - have to see how things line up. If I don't need to mod then I'm still going to try the mod on scrap so that I can aid my fellow big troopers with the process. It's a step by step procedure but I always start simple. It's always worth the try if we can avoid having to use paste and file, sand, and buff which might end up consuming more time. I get to leave work in 6 min and will be home (mail usually shows up between 2 and 3 lol) - I will have an answer for you soon Knock.

• Like 1