Pauldrons and TK'S?

Q is right on the money, Matt.  If you go to View New Content on the right of the main toolbar, then go to page 2, you will find a lively and informative discussion on this exact matter about half way down entitled Shoulder Pauldrons, posted by ArmyDocTrooper on July 6th.  Well worth a read.

My personal view is that I do not wear a pauldron when I troop as a TK,..ever.  The only time I wear one is when I am going as a Heavy Weapons Trooper, which requires it.  As long as it is not a canon event, you can honestly do as you like.  IMHO, however, if you are the only TK wearing one at a troop, you may look a little out of place..

Edited by justjoseph63

Wouldnt rebels make it canon since a number of white TKs wear them?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Only if you wear a rebels armour which looks very different from the movie armour. Like I've said already in that other recent thread on the same topic. You should go read it.

• Like 1

We have a troop for a company's private (non-promotional) event coming up. It's a casual troop and a couple of TKs (including myself) have purchased orange pauldrons for it as the company's colors are orange and white. I was planning to sell it after, but may keep it if they have us back next year.

Don't listen to all these bullies. :P

As long as its NOT a canon event...then you are allowed to do whatever you want. :)

Even then, just do it. You can still take it of when you are requested by someone who has the right to give orders.

To be honest, here are the above average fanatic guys - most other people (even 501st) just don´t know or don´t care what is important for many here. 

Does Batman carry a gun? (yes I know he did VERY early in his 'career') Does Indiana Jones wear a cowboy hat?

TK's dont wear Paudrons! :laugh1:

*** Please read this as nothing more than a silly reply. :P ***

Even then, just do it. You can still take it of when you are requested by someone who has the right to give orders.

To be honest, here are the above average fanatic guys - most other people (even 501st) just don´t know or don´t care what is important for many here. 

I wouldn't go that far. If it's a canon event, especially an LFL/Disney event, don't wear the pauldron. I don't think the people here are fanatical just because they strive for accuracy.

• Like 1

TK's dont wear Paudrons! :laugh1:

I don't think the people here are fanatical just because they strive for accuracy.

Now, with "Rebels", they do.  :smiley-sw013: It´s just that little fanatism here that it´s only OK when wearing a complete Rebels-Stormy suit to allow the pauldrons.  ;)

An orange pauldron on a bright white armour is very easy to notice. Maybe that doesn't bother you as an onlooker. But I'm speaking from a trooper perspective while on a troop.

Part of the appeal of the stormtrooper is anonymity while in a group. The unknown soldier.

With the same argument the real/accurate Sandys need to be banned, too. They also stick out like a sore thumb.

Not in group.

Wait until Rogue One hits theaters. If they follow the continuity of Rebels, you will probably see pauldrons on live action TKs.

If it comes to that, fine. Until then, nope. Either way, I doubt their armour will be pure OT. In which case, see my point about sw rebels.

• Like 1