EFX Helmet ? RUBIES Helmet?

Hello brothers. 

I need help in getting your opinion on the EFX helmet.

i currently own a Rubies helmet and spent over 200 dlls on Hyteck electronics and padding .

But i want to join the 501st and i cant be accepted with what i have , also i want a nice helmet that i can later on display.

What are your thoughts / comments with the EFX.

Any help is appreciatted. 

It's true; eFX seems like a good option but once your brain familiarizes itself with an asymmetrical screen-accurate faceplate you'll wish you had gone the fan-made route. I'm glad I have my eFX stunt for displaying (changing into a sanitized hero) but especially if you want to troop you should probably get a DIY kit from a vender here instead. Plus, then it's your own creation!

• Like 1

Hey Brother,

I was in your shoes when I first joined. I had a Rubies that I loved but then upgraded to an eFX. Once I saw the other helmets in the garrison before i applied I bought an AP helmet and have been happy ever since. Once you troop and see the buckets up close you will never look at a Rubies or eFX the same again. They are cool for special projects and for display. I cut the eyes out of my Rubies and replaced with better lenses and made a custom Mickey Bucket. I drilled out the top of my eFX and put in a spring to do a Christmas bucket. Here they are compared to my AP bucket. I love the AP bucket but there are a lot of great kits out there that are approvable. Building one yourself can be scary but once your done the feeling of knowing you put it together makes it a work of art. 

v7zNwpR.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Thank you all for your feedback .. the one in the front is the APP ?? Im just a little overwhelmed of building my own and messing up :/

The Anovos can be ordered as a ready build one, too: http://www.anovos.com/collections/new-releases/products/star-wars-standalone-stormtrooper-helmet-accessory-standard-line-pre-order

Hello fellas. I wish money was not a problem lol obviously i would love the best , im looking for something i can upgrade and later on keep upgrading .. .. do you guys have pictures of the RD, ATA or MTK ? And what are the differences ... pardon my ignorance i still feel jetlag from the death star blowing up . ;)

Ive read that i could turn my Rubies Armor into a ROTH any thoughts ?? I want to work with what i have in order to join the 501st and be able to contribute to the local charities

Quick list off the top of my head: Front traps are too small, tear and trap "vent" lines are all perfectly straight, not matching the shapes of the areas, tube stripes are wrong color blue, too low on the tubes, and perfectly parallel, mic tips look way too long, grey mouth is either weirdly painted or wrong color (depending on what movie you're trying to emulate), front mask is a really soft pull, vocoder paint doesn't match the curves of the vocoder itself (just a trapezoid painted on), there's no black trim at the bottom edge, S-shaped or otherwise... I'm sure other people could see more.  I'm new at this too.

Thank you for that feedback. . Apparently its alot of cosmetic problem that can be fix (paint etc) the hovis wore loose that's why they look long .. i bought a black edge trim but its not s-shaped tho :/ and the parts being too even or perfectly straight i dont know how i would fix that ... deciding between EFX or ATA at this point

... i hope i could at least get some money back at this point

Its more than just cosmetic, it's molded wrong. The front traps don't have the proper size, and they should be indented. The tears are totally the wrong shape, the indentation should follow the painted part. The helmet looks too narrow, too. The area under the eyes is rounded instead of sharp edged. The sharp edge where the tubes meet the front (the line extending down from the frown) is non-existent, also. 

Here's a troopermaster helmet. You can see the difference.

4qUiFPj.jpg

Ocn16Bx.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Sometimes we all make mistakes and have to write them off and forget about them for the sake of out sanity!, I would write this bucket off if it was me and not bother wasting any more money or time on it!.

I bought a sds hero lid a few years ago like many others before i knew about this site thinking it was the best thing ever and we all know what Andrew Ainsworth is like, a rip off merchant!, looks ok for display but way too thin for anything else.

Write it off bro and save yourself a lot of headache!

Thank you ... that's the best explanation i had so far ... i see what you are saying, i wish i came to you guys before i bought anything now im just stuck with a ugly bucket.

I few months ago i felt like a kid on Christmas thinking it was amazing now i see the reality. ... how is it possible that rubies sells this "licenced armor" for that ridiculous price and its not even accurate ???

Umm going to have to make it look "decent " and try to sell it. Or just keep it and remind me not to jump in to things so fast

There is indeed a huge difference between "good" and "bad" helmet and even between "good" and "good".

Here's my RS helmet in PP plastic, built and painted by the talented R2Dan. More pics: https://imgur.com/a/XN7Ca#j3Zhgzt

j3Zhgzt.jpg