Took way longer than I'd like to get this next update out, but I wanted to finish a few things before posting this, plus holidays, computer issues, and the whole TFA release and all keeping me busy. Still figuring out what my paint situation will be, but I have some ideas. I had trouble figuring out what to use to make the front sight block, but I found some black acrylic plastic pieces at the science surplus store nearby for $0.15 each I used some plastic cement to get 3 pieces stacked to the right thickness, before cutting out a small rectangle. I then just started shaping it using a bunch of different files, with a little sandpaper thrown in, and a small hand drill for the holes. I went through a couple sight pins befroe I was happy enough with it. Used a screw as the base and used the dremel to grind off the threads and a file to flatten the sides. Forgot to get progress pics of carving the channel into the barrel but after lots of worrying about where to carve, I just went for it and it didnt turn out too bad. The sight is held in by the pressure, no glue, so if need be I can knock it out with a small hammer. After cleaning it up, I used a thin layer of green stuff and the handle of a center punch tool to get the texture on the sight guard. It got a little sloppy at the rear bottom, but should be hidden pretty well. Used some small pins and superglue to attach the front sight guard. Carved out the front bolts enough that I can put the whole screw in, which will be after paint for a better look. Drilled out the bottom holes on the barrel and thinned out every hole to make the barrel thinner. Also attached the bayonet lug. I used this bit, which fit inside the holes and carefully pulled up as I went around the edges until I got to the right thickness. The front hole on the bottom took some special attention since the stock uses it to lock in place. It had to be made much thinner and took some fine tuning with some small files to get it just right. I got a little close to the surface in spots, and was worried in general about the strength so I used some green stuff inside to reinforce it. I found some aluminum spacers that fit perfectly into the stocks holes, so I drilled out the receiver's pivot area to fit in the spacers. The inner diameter of the spacers was a little small for the end caps, so I used a regular drill bit to widen the holes a bit. The spacers now fit into the receiver, the stock fits over the spacers, and the end caps hold the stock arms in place. The only thing left is to drill the holes for the pins that fit through the receiver/spacers/caps to hold it all together. The size and position of the holes makes it a bit tricky to do so I'm still working on it. Will be don for the next update. I carved out a lot of the inner receiver to make the charging handle port much thinner and more in line with the bolt area in terms of thickness. For the bolt area with the charging handle, I used a piece of 2mm styrene and heated it till I got it to curve. I cut a section of that and shaped the end to fit into the charging port. I sanded down the charging handle, and cut a small hole into the bolt strip so I could fit the handle inside and emulate the way the real handle fits into the bolt. I used a 1mm strip of styrene and curved and cut it into shape for the clearing stip. I then cut that piece into 2 sections. One for the charging port and one for the bolt area. The inner barrel from Tino's kit looks great with the thinned out holes and is the perfect length to help work as the inner bolt too. I cut out some small sections towards the front to make room for the front hex screws. One side ended up being cut too much and was visible through one of the barrel holes so I had to fix it a little. I used the wire from Tino's kit to make the spring and plan to use a 5/8in copper pipe and coupling to recreate the rear of the bolt. I haven't finalized this yet so it may still change but an added benefit is some extra weight in the rear to offset the heavy handle of the stock in front. After sanding down the old clearing strip, I started carving out a section for the extractor. This is as far as I've gotten so far, but since my TK kit is now shipping, I'm hoping to get some more done quickly. Next update should have the final assembly of the main body, and hopefully some paint. I'm holding off on the scope, counter, and power cells since they're each involved projects on their own and can be added at any point after the main blaster is done.