Which Episode is your Fav?

ThayNerd

I am sure this has been done before but I felt like posting this for fun. What is everyones favorite episode of Star Wars? Mine is Episode V.

Empire.

It ends on a downer and is so vast in where the film goes, ice, clouds, bogs it's a great inside into the galaxy.

Plus it's the only film where the rebels have their butt totally wiped by the lads in white :)

My thoughts exactly. After Empire, my order for the rest of the films is IV, VI, III, II, I

Empire.

It ends on a downer and is so vast in where the film goes, ice, clouds, bogs it's a great inside into the galaxy.

Plus it's the only film where the rebels have their butt totally wiped by the lads in white :)

Me too here, for quite the same reasons.

RANDAL

Which did you like better: Jedi or

The Empire Strikes Back.

DANTE

(exasperated)

Empire.

RANDAL

Blasphemy.

DANTE

Empire had the better ending: Luke

gets his hand cut off, and finds

out Vader's his father; Han gets

frozen and taken away by Boba Fett.

It ends on such a down note. And

that's life-a series of down

endings. All Jedi had was a bunch

of Muppets.

:)

Empire. Hoth and Bespin, AT-ATs and snowspeeders, plenty of Boba Fett and the Empire comes out top :D I adore IV and VI too but the destruction of the Death Stars (and the Executor :( ) makes me sad. Rebel scum <_<

Mine is IV (reminds me of when I was a teenager and the wonder of such a very different Sci Fi film). The story is simple. The theme and characters are easy to identify with. Then it's V, VI, and like the previous posts III, II, I. All Sci Fi after that is just a copy.

Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith- dark, gritty, great story,

A New Hope- Great SciFi story and best special effects for that time. Return of the Jedi- it was great for me until the Ewoks took out the stormtroopers, c'mon now... then its episode 2 and 1.

Put me down right in line with pretty much everyone. Empire was the best. The AT-ATs to this day awe me! Then its A New Hope - The trench run is a close second plus you get to see Han and Luke in armor!

No but seriously, Episode 1 ... Seriously .. what the heck did uncle George thought when he did it .....

For me, I'd say:

ANH, ESB, ROTJ, III, II and that's it .. there's no other, is there?!?

Empire is definitely first in my book. Although ANH is a close second, Ep. V really brought those characters to life. We now understood where they were coming from, what really motivated them, and some possible directions they could go in the future. Ep. IV could have been a stand-alone film. It had a beginning, middle, and end. With Ep. V it really felt like Lucas & co. were building up an expansive, cohesive, and ongoing sci-fi universe...

...A universe in which the Empire showed they could still kick the crap out of the Rebellion in a stand-up fight. ;)

My favorite movie was the one I saw in '77 when I was 9 years old. It was called "Star Wars" and it came out two days after my birthday. I had spaceships, and a princess, and everything. Everyone wanted to be Luke or Han. If you didn't live through the phenomenon, it's really hard to fathom what it was like. I can't imagine a movie doing the same thing today.

My Dellow Felagates! :rolleyes:

It's a toss up between ANH and ESB. Then VI, III, II ...and way off in the far distance.... I

There are parts of I that I can appreciate...but most (about 90%) of it is rubbish. Someone told me that Star Wars plus NASCAR = Awesome....He was serious too... I think part of my soul died alittle after hearing that.

Like I said previously the original Star Wars is IMHO the best of the the six. It is also the best film ever made of All time. I don't think I'll ever see another movie that will make me feel the same way. Also with the advent of CGI, they are no longer using real models and a blue screen to create the special effects. I think this is a tradgedy... CGI looks so fake everything looks like a cartoon to me. IMHO CGI was a step backward in film makeing. Give me a good model maker, a matt painter and a blue screen technition any day...not that I don't think CGI has it's purpose, it does...they're just not useing it correctly.

:) Now that all the movies are done(they say!) I now have to say Sith, then New Hope, then Clones, then Empier. As for Jedi, that stuff with the "Fuzzy-Wuzzys" beating the crap out of the best troops to take the field was too much to take! At least they could have had one hell of a cool battle with reb commando's and troops :) As for EP 1, well I guess it had to start some time :P

My favorite movie was the one I saw in '77 when I was 9 years old. It was called "Star Wars" and it came out two days after my birthday. I had spaceships, and a princess, and everything. Everyone wanted to be Luke or Han. If you didn't live through the phenomenon, it's really hard to fathom what it was like. I can't imagine a movie doing the same thing today.

Pretty much sums it up for me. The entire series was based off the success of this movie. It is what got me hooked. if it werent for it, I wouldnt be here right now..so...ANH