Sitting Down

I have been wondering this for some time now. Can you sit down without breaking your butt-plate? I have seen seated stormtroopers but that seems like a risky maneuver.

I was at a photo shoot and they wanted me to sit on a couch. It was a really fluffy one so the butt plate survived just fine. I had every snap holding my chest and ab section pop off though. I avoid sitting and just lean everywhere when tired. I have ATA armour.

Dang. I never noticed his chest all squished like that. Weird.

I always figured he maybe wasn't wearing his butt plate or something, considering how he jumped up so quickly, but that chest plate....wow...

On 3/7/2013 at 9:27 AM, DudeSidious said:

Its a risky move all round.

Check out the chest flex on Han's.

On 3/7/2013 at 9:35 AM, bjsavage7 said:

Dang. I never noticed his chest all squished like that. Weird.

I always figured he maybe wasn't wearing his butt plate or something, considering how he jumped up so quickly, but that chest plate....wow...

Look at my chest plate. Look familiar?

1dsQG1W.jpgU02uOz1.jpg

Whatever you see on screen can be done in TM armour :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I like it how these threads pop up like clockwork once every 6 months or so. :)

I have the "stiff" 2 mm TM, but I sit down in it all the time. Not very comfortable, but it's doable. I'm in the middle with the red beret.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 3/7/2013 at 6:15 PM, DudeSidious said:

So lets see you sitting down Paul.

I do not have a photo of me sitting down unfortunately, but I can do it quite easily. The main problem is the thighs digging into me when I sit so I have to spin them around.

I do have this photo of me touching my toes to show the flexibility of the armour. This is with an uncut ab plate and with movie strapping.

dS1kDrI.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

You put your left foot in , your right foot out and flex it all about ; )

I dont have this problem of sitting down in my armour being 5'5 it looks like I am sitting anyway :P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you're tired, you'll sit. I remember back at the Rose Parade in 2007 while on the way there nearly everyone stood, on the bus back everyone was seated. Heck, even as we were eating our In N Out burgers, we were sitting down.

I've taken taxis in armor too - the biggest part for me is unhooking the thighs and rotating them depending on the angle of the seat.

On 3/7/2013 at 7:45 PM, troopermaster said:

I do not have a photo of me sitting down unfortunately, but I can do it quite easily. The main problem is the thighs digging into me when I sit so I have to spin them around.

I do have this photo of me touching my toes to show the flexibility of the armour. This is with an uncut ab plate and with movie strapping.

Awesome and good to know if you drop your keys! lol

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 4 weeks later...

I can't do this without my armor, props to you to do it with your armor lollll

Edited by gmrhodes13