Ralph McQuarrie's Concept Stormtrooper "Armor"

kwdesigns

Kevin, as a newbie your hard work on this armour is an education all in itself. Looking forward to seeing it so much!

Steve, your Laser Sword looks amazing! Can't wait to see all the parts (armour, weapons, shield and helmet) come together.

As a matter of interest will the armour build thread be a continuation of this thread?

Edited by R5SB

• 2 weeks later...

It took a little over 6 months but I can now say all the parts are sculpted. I have done a complete vac-form test pull on all the parts to make a few prototype sets.

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

I was asked by the UK guys not to show pics of the ABS parts so that when we wear the assembled armor at CE it will have a better impact.

I think showing the assembly process here and a list of the parts used would be a good idea.

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

• 2 weeks later...

How to attach the Ab and Kidney.

So I wanted to start showing how I am making the straps to hold the parts together.

I wanted the Ab and Kidney to assemble similar to the TK's using split rivets and elastic. But For me I decided to hide some snaps so that I can take the ab and kidney apart for better packing into an armor bin for travel purposes.

These are the tabs that will go on the inside of the Ab Plate.2013-07-08161609_zpsf2d21f8c.jpg.1844543d3a3433eee9c827634e40fae2.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• 2 weeks later...

I finished assembling and painting my armor kit and also finished a friend's kit. We will be joining up with the UK guys next week to debut the long awaited RMQ Concept TK armor.

So far I find this set of armor to be a lot more comfortable than I imagined.

Lots of pictures will be coming soon.....

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

Cant wait Kevin ;), I will bring one of my bulbs that I use for the lazer swords for you to have then all you need will be the ultrablade with sound board to make this bad boy come alive :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

----------

Here's the armor.. O Wait, I guess you need X-ray vision to see it in the suitcases.

Hang tight just a few more days to be revealed.

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Since the suits arrived a couple of weeks ago we've all been working non stop-flat out, every hour that we could to get the suits ready for CE11.To say it's not been EASY trying to fit 'real life', work, and everything else in is an understatment.

But we've managed to keep all those plates spinning on poles and I think we're nearly there.

Ohh yerhh, even the 'Egg-Sperts' got involved and helped out with some 'secret' extras we had planned B)

McQEgg-sperts01_zps84b6c801.jpg.ef05f2034c538f8329d2ba38be0ec3ee.jpg

:D

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I think the final reveal of this armour will be more exciting than the recent eFX armour news!

Hope to see the good stuff soon?

I couldn't agree more. Please ensure there will be some proper photogs following you around everywhere you go. (Got that Mathias?)

-Eric

Friday, CEII, UKG stand sometime after 11am...might be worth a look :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2