Ralph McQuarrie's Concept Stormtrooper "Armor"

kwdesigns

Thank you Karin , belive me this thing is loud i had to turn the volume down when recording ;) , this is only a test just to get the feel with the blade lit up and the shimmering this has a blue luxeon 5 led very bright , i am going to test a white soul P4 Led that will be even brighter B) , really pleased with the tear bulb worked out a dream keep you all posted :duim:

Not loud enough ! that thing is an ear bleeder !!! Blimy Steve you have cracked it my son .I would really like to see the White blade mate.Is that a letter M on the tear drop ?

Here is another vid ,to show the swooshing sound when moving it left to right :),yes Pete that is the letter M on the tear bulb and as Gary said M for McQuarrie and Empire made ;)

Will change the blue led for a white one to see the differance Pete , everything seem's to be falling in to place with this exciting project :)

Also going to taper the top of the tear bulb in to the main blade so you dont see any ridge , so it looks all as one :), plus i can play with the sound's have differant light saber sounds just need to reset the sd card ;)

Speechless! I didn't know you had such talent, Steve!

Now imagine an entire squad of RM troopers at the premiere of Ep VII, all yielding a Lazer Sword!

BTW: You have a very soothing,radio voice!

Fact: In the german version, it has always been called "Laser-Schwert" (i.e Laser-sword) instead of Licht-Säbel (Light sabre)

I like the bulb part at the emitter! Just like in the drawings!

;) ....my thoughts exactly.

Mr. Weir, thank you for those stunningly creative, highly informative and INCREDIBLY loud!!, televisuals Sir. :salute:

:D

Have IT!!!!!

Like your thinking there David with having hole's in the blade where it sits inside of the tear bulb , my only concern would be that you could loose some of the light up the main blade , i shall test it out ;)

I think making the holes might be a bad idea. The cut edges of the holes will reflect the light. hence you will see the holes. I think the bulb area illuminates great. Just smooth out the transition from the blub to the blade and it will help.

I'd like to see what a white light would look like.

Kevin W.

Once we have a squad of concept troopers, we'll need a concept Vader, too- who's gonna be the first?

The Concept Vader has already been made. I have seen a few of them now. I saw one at Cel 6 in FL.

Kevin W.

My long term plan is to do a concept vader. I've got the connection for a top notch helmet and armor... the rest.. thats the hard part. Slowly though I imagine. For now, it will just be my ROTJ vader I finished today, finally got my shins.

Edited by Dday

The picture was taken at one of the UKG s larger troops. Everyone who had something Mcquarrie brought it along . Steve and he's light saber , Billy and he's lid and my shield . Even with a stock TK it looks the part , with Kevins armour its going to be epic .