TK ANH ATA Stunt Build

gmrhodes13

We can see that >1000 posts on the FISD paid off in the form of a great build!

Thanks Nicky, well on my way of learning I have managed to provide some info to help others, think this happens to most on their build journey. I have had a great time with this armor build, from the start of being scarred of the first cut, to the end with the final fit up, it is amazing how much you can learn in such a short time, but there is allways more to learn

Edited by gmrhodes13

Looks GREAT! well done. I am currently rebuilding an old AP kit I picked up, but at this point wishing I had just brought a new one and started from scratch :(

I hope it turns out half as good as yours when I am done.

Once again EXCELLENT WORK!

Edited by Ravenwood

Looks GREAT! well done. I am currently rebuilding x old kit I picked up, but at this point wishing I had just brought a new one and started from scratch :(

I hope it turns out half as good as yours when I am done.

Once again EXCELLENT WORK!

Thanks Jeremy and good luck with your build

Looks awesome mate...well done. now hurry up and get your ID trooper...then we'll be waiting for you to join the ranks..

again well done mate...

Thanks Reza, waiting for the happy news of an ID comming my way LOL

Why do you have straps in front of your knees?

I put snaps in the front and the rear of the knees, wasn't sure which side would need the most tension to keep the shins up in place, will swap them around for futher approval

Edited by gmrhodes13

I put snaps in the front and the rear of the knees, wasn't sure which side would need the most tension to keep the shins up in place, will swap them around for futher approval

You shouldn't need any straps at all to keep the shins in place.

You shouldn't need any straps at all to keep the shins in place.

Ok thank you Mathias , over engineering on my part, anything else that is noticed please let me know

Edited by gmrhodes13

Don't like the way my left bell sticks out in a few of the photo's so will have a look at that see what can be done. Planning some more photo's on Thursday so if anyone notices anthing else please don't hesitate to point it out ;)

Had a feeling that I should wake up this morning and stalk my emails but 3am was a bit early LOL. I can't believe I am finally here, I am approved and a TK at last, could just yell, scream, dance, jump for joy, Oh the neighbours sorry lol.

A big thank you to Mathias and all of you who have helped along the way and for the supportive comments. Proud to be a part of such an awesome group of people.

cheesy-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif

Congratulations :)

Thank you Mathias

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley::dancing-trooper:

Congrats man... very well done, looking forward to that moment myself.

Thanks Jeremy, hope it's not too long away for you, can't describe the feeling right now

very-excited-smiley-emoticon.gif

Congratulations mate.....now submit them EIB photos....

Happy times aint it getting your ID.... :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thanks Reza, oh happy days are here indeed. Need to wait for full access before I can apply for EIB, also getting some more photo's taken on Thursday, hopefully I shouldn't have to wait too long

happy.gif

Oh. Finally! Congrats on your TKID trooper.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Eric, still smiling, cheeks are starting to hurt LOL :D

Thanks Nicky, well on my way of learning I have managed to provide some info to help others, think this happens to most on their build journey. I have had a great time with this armor build, from the start of being scarred of the first cut, to the end with the final fit up, it is amazing how much you can learn in such a short time, but there is allways more to learn

Indeed I noticed, you brought helpful stuff to the table and it's a great spirit. How many hours did you spend on that build?

Regarding the shins, the straps make it look dodgy. It should be tight enough so the thickness around your shoes and leg keeps the pieces stable. They shouldn't have the freedom move, twist or anything, let alone the need for a strap. You're very good at trimming, it's all straight and clean, even the finishing strips are well defined. I think you trimmed the calves with too much with respect for the present ridges rather than trim to a fit. If it's trimmed tight and bites around the left knee (due to any odd symetry), we can shorten/remove the return edge hidden by the sniper plate. But since it doesn't show that it's loose or oversized compared to the thighs another option is padding the insides with a thick/dense foam, just like some people do with forearms.

Congrats on your well deserved TK-ID!

Edited by Nicky

Indeed I noticed, you brought helpful stuff to the table and it's a great spirit. How many hours did you spend on that build?

Regarding the shins, the straps make it look dodgy. It should be tight enough so the thickness around your shoes and leg keeps the pieces stable. They shouldn't have the freedom move, twist or anything, let alone the need for a strap. You're very good at trimming, it's all straight and clean, even the finishing strips are well defined. I think you trimmed the calves with too much with respect for the present ridges rather than trim to a fit. If it's trimmed tight and bites around the left knee (due to any odd symetry), we can shorten/remove the return edge hidden by the sniper plate. But since it doesn't show that it's loose or oversized compared to the thighs another option is padding the insides with a thick/dense foam, just like some people do with forearms.

Congrats on your well deserved TK-ID!

Thank you, I just over engineered by adding the straps, calves are nice and snug so not a problem may just add a little foam inside my thighs as I do have skinny legs. Mostly added the straps to keep the thighs and shins in alignment, not a problem they were only held by snaps, removed now. Most of my trimming was done by dremmel, or should I say my cheap knock off brand and running a pencil on the edges. I have done model making and also auto panel beating so I do have a bit of an eye for lines and curves. Build took from arrival to finish exactly 2 weeks, spent one full weekend and prob a couple of hours each day. I do tend to get carried away but I get bored quickly so it's best for me to build quickly. Found the lack of enough magnets and clamps the greatest pain, everyday shuffle, glue, clamp morning and night, got the job done. I hope I can give back more than I have taken and the learning will never end :)

Around 50 hours then! 10 hours less than me, but 6x faster on the calender :) I totally noticed your eye for straight lines, and couldn't have guessed you used a dremel as I assume everyone has my shakey hands :).

I wasn't as active reading or participating in the forum for until I was almost finished, so I needed lots of breaks far away from the build, to let all the information sink into my brain. I hear you regarding the clamps and magnets, I had 2mm thick ABS to work with and I didn't want to use the heatgun everywhere the clamps and magnets wouldn't suffice. But my sister told me that you can't just do things by the book if you want to go fast and avoid frustrations: use whatever you have in the house. And I happened to have beer.

182175_10150952388868870_1104989020_n.jpg