TK ANH ATA Stunt Build

gmrhodes13

Looking good!

Thanks Clinton, helps looking at all your guys threads, hey nice signature lol

Thanks Clinton, helps looking at all your guys threads, hey nice signature lol

hehehe, you called him Clinton ;) Keep up the good work Perth! :laugh1: Toronto... OUT. :salute:

Sorry Tony must be sick, can't even get someones name right lol, now wheres those cold tablets aaaaaaaaaaaaaachoooo sick.gif

I hear you Glen, we got the plague running rampant through our home, all four of us have a combination of fever, cough, strep, etc etc.. booooo!! hang in there. :(

On 12/8/2012 at 5:59 AM, chookaboom said:

I hear you Glen, we got the plague running rampant through our home, all four of us have a combination of fever, cough, strep, etc etc.. booooo!! hang in there. :(

Hope everyone is better soon at your end Charles. Nothing worse here than a cold with hot days, back up to 35degc here next week.

So tablets have cleared my head, soothers for the sandpaper throat and vicks vapor rub for my nose, back to trimming. Just left a small return edge on the bells.

anKnixt.jpg

On 12/8/2012 at 8:11 AM, Rezablad3 said:

loving the progress mate....

Thanks Reza, just seems to be falling into place at the moment, just waiting for my first major stuff up LOL plumber-smiley-emoticon.gif

Managed to trim the front of th legs pretty straight

lRs2t3k.jpg

Front cover strips glued on, will do the inner strips tomorrow

PTENq9K.jpg

On 12/8/2012 at 11:01 AM, chookaboom said:

Clampy goodness. Keep up the great work, you'll be strapping this puppy in no time!

Yup more clamps and more magnets will be purchased for future builds lol

On 12/8/2012 at 12:30 PM, Geaux Saints said:

I didn't accommodate for boot tops with regards to the lower shins, so mine are slightly snug. Just a little FYI.

Ha Ha you must have read my mind, checked that earlier :D I have left more return than needed which I will trim once all the gluing is finish, I thought rather have too much than not enough.

These cold tablets are working a treat messy-sneeze.gif

One thigh has taken more time than both of the calves, lots of tweaking and a little heating just to get it to sit right for the cover strips. Both outer strips glued on, inners tomorrow. Will be getting more magnets for future builds but for now some tape will have to do.

uIYhfGN.jpg

Well the second thigh went together even easier than the first. Now time for a rest and a well earned drink beer-chugger.gif

ZcA8bXu.jpg

Bit more trimming and had a few clamps left over so glued on some snap plates I had made earlier

TSDIVyV.jpg

Glued on the larger rear cover strip, will attach the velcro later. Inner front strengthening strip also attached.

vctT9dm.jpg

First elastic straps made I have made, will see how they are for strength when Im fitted, may add a couple more

9kcL99u.jpg

You're doing awesome work, Glen. Keep it up! :D Seeing your little white ABS flakes in some pics reminds me of my floors - and tables - and counters. That stuff gets everywhere. I get whiffs of E6000 and sanded plastic even when I'm nowhere around my armor now. I am hoping that fades soon after I'm done. Seeing your drop boxes reminded me that i still have to do mine, yet. :) Thanks for sharing your build, I like seeing the pics and updates.

You're doing awesome work, Glen. Keep it up! :D Seeing your little white ABS flakes in some pics reminds me of my floors - and tables - and counters. That stuff gets everywhere. I get whiffs of E6000 and sanded plastic even when I'm nowhere around my armor now. I am hoping that fades soon after I'm done. Seeing your drop boxes reminded me that i still have to do mine, yet. :) Thanks for sharing your build, I like seeing the pics and updates.

Jenny, I also had to sweep and vacuum ABS flakes, strips, and debris on a daily basis. No matter how hard I tried, it still got everywhere. My wife was so glad when I was "done" and cleaned up all my tools so she could have her living room back.

Great work, Glen!

On 12/9/2012 at 12:00 PM, Geaux Saints said:

Jenny, I also had to sweep and vacuum ABS flakes, strips, and debris on a daily basis. No matter how hard I tried, it still got everywhere. My wife was so glad when I was "done" and cleaned up all my tools so she could have her living room back.

Great work, Glen!

Yep a daily grind for me too, found the worst thing was wearing socks, abs is as sticky as and you got to sit there picking it all out. Hard to believe I had the carpet completely clean this morning.

Got a few more snap plates attached and made some adjustable straps for the front chest and ab sections, also the back. Can change these later to non adjusting straps once I find how the armor fits me

G7WfB90.jpg

EVwaDHI.jpg

Just getting the ammo belt to sit on the knee

laoTCLD.jpg

Now a couple of holes and some split rivets and washers for strength

skJrwGD.jpg

And from the front

YARKe7T.jpg

On 12/9/2012 at 3:16 PM, Potty Meister said:

Looks like it's coming together! I actually pushed my ammo pack up to meet the bottom of the finishing strip and stuck some glue behind it to make sure it stays put.

Another mind reader LOL, I found if I gave it a little twist from the right it straightened up really well, did notice a few troopers with theirs lopsided, then just added a bit of glue and clamped until tomorrow.

Now that I had a chance to try my ab and kidney together I realised the belt I had made earlier this year was too short and too wide. Lucky had some material left so went of searching, measured the gap between the tapers on the belt (3") then made another one the right length and width. Then added some snaps for the plastic belt section.

2qIiwCh.jpg