TK ANH ATA Stunt Build

gmrhodes13

Last pieces of velcro glued to the calves, still need to do some final trimming of some pieces but will do that after my first fit

MlveACR.jpg

Great progress bro...cant wait to see the finished suit on you....

Thanks Reza hopefully won't be long, seems like that long wait for armor was worth it after all LOL

The sniper plate was a bit of a pain, took ages to get it to just sit right and cover the shin so it was not seen from the outside and follow the original line.

gANyRt5.jpg

On 12/14/2012 at 2:35 AM, jnnfr72 said:

Yay! You are kicking butt and taking initials.... no time to take down names.

LOL thanks Jenny

Wasn't happy the way the belt sits so added a few snaps, had to sew a small tab on the centre of the belt so I could have a snap in the right position.

FumazGP.jpg

kjq7JKT.jpg

Just playing around with a few ideas for holding my thighs up, I have a nylon belt with clips, I also have some elastic braces too which I may incorporate. Read a few posts with people saying their thighs don't stay straight so I may use the Y brace idea.

I have thigh elastic straps that are looped on one end. I just wear a regular leather belt looped through and has worked fine for me do far.

Thanks Tony, going to try a few combinations, you're one is first

I decided to do a Y brace. Thighs stay straight for me. Nice looking build dude!

Thanks Jay, just made another belt with the y pieces, will try both see which sits the best. Going to add side split rivets and elastic in ab and back tomorrow so should be just about ready for a full trial fit :D

Added snaps and split rivets to the ab and back. To stop the elastic from moving up and down on the sides I added pieces of abs and glued them to the elastic before I bent over the split rivets.

o9yslFw.jpg

F2v2moo.jpg

baeHdtr.jpg

You are on a very good way. Keep going. :)

Thanks Serge, think I'm just at the tweaking stage, trying to get everything to sit right, just need a little heat on my butt sides as they seem a little wide on the corners. Found a few ouchie bits so a bit more trimming to be done. Also ATA armor chest plates seem a bit different than other makers, the shoulder straps want to sit as 1 large ridge and 3 small ridges, to fit on the 5 small ridges I would have to heat and form so I will think about that today

pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Even with tighter elastic my sides still wanted to spread open. What I have decided to do is glue some small abs tabs inside on the widest openings, once closed this will stop them spreading out as the pressure will be on the other sides.

NBBqmYy.jpg

Q4kbhpk.jpg

nUWBair.jpg

Have you tried wearing your belt to see if the kidney plates tightens up?

I wouldn't worry about the flare until you are suited up properly with your belt on. Your belt shouId tighten things up. I think your kidney might push out your ab plate now with the tabs fitted.

Have you tried wearing your belt to see if the kidney plates tightens up?

I wouldn't worry about the flare until you are suited up properly with your belt on. Your belt shouId tighten things up. I think your kidney might push out your ab plate now with the tabs fitted.

Tried with the belt too but still flared out, it was either heat and bend or try the tabs, easy to remove the glue from the tabs if it doesn't work, I am a bit fussy with the way things look LOL

I thought the belt would have pulled in the kidney. Plastic usually bends when you force it.

Just to point out that your belt should be more or less in the middle of your kidney plate where it closes at the back. I see people trying to have their belts level with the ground but they are not like that. The belts start off just under your ab buttons and slant upwards on the original Stormtrooper armour, so positioning your belt this way might help.

Also, taking off some of the return edge should make the kidney more flexible and allow it to curve with the help of your belt.

If all that fails then it's out with the heat gun :)

I thought the belt would have pulled in the kidney. Plastic usually bends when you force it.

Just to point out that your belt should be more or less in the middle of your kidney plate where it closes at the back. I see people trying to have their belts level with the ground but they are not like that. The belts start off just under your ab buttons and slant upwards on the original Stormtrooper armour, so positioning your belt this way might help.

Also, taking off some of the return edge should make the kidney more flexible and allow it to curve with the help of your belt.

If all that fails then it's out with the heat gun :)

Thanks Paul

Going to make the caps on the detonator able to be taken off, just glued some abs elbows onto the inside of the caps. Going to have elastic glued on one end with some velcro stiched to the end of it, then velcro glued to the other elbow on the cap. Will just need to pull off one cap, remove the velcro then the ends will come off.

Awesome idea! Where'd you get your TD clips?

I was going to ask Jesse but it looks like he's retired.

Awesome idea! Where'd you get your TD clips?

I was going to ask Jesse but it looks like he's retired.

Thanks Bryan, made my own TD clips, was pretty easy, just used some 1 inch aluminum, very easy to bend, then attached with flat head screws

Just emailed my local GML so I will be stalking my emails and eagerly waiting for approval, cross fingers it won't take too long. The years of wanting to become a stormtooper and it's hard to believe I was walking around as one today

:dancing-trooper: