What are Forced Unleashed Stormtroopers

Daetrin

These are essentially TK's with paint schemes, though with screen caps more variations may be added. Here are reference pix:

TFUstormtroopers.jpg.fa30c4cf2f04cedccf6a37c298d86e9d.jpg

StormCommander.jpg.d5ee0f859348fbc7c208549c154935eb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrghh!!!

I have never figured out why the clones painted themselves. Not that a stark white suit is all that covert, but a painted OT trooper! NNNNOOOOO!!!! I thought the point was not to be diffrent than the other troops.

I can handle the all black, but the paint is not for OT. I shall resist... :lol:

Gamelooks good though.

Yes, it's for the new game. These are supposed to take place in a time between the clones and the OT, so they are transitional. I think the theory is that the officers are the old clone salts who retain the coloring from the "good old days". Everyone else is plain white. Kinda like a circle coming back on itself, as plain white is how they started (EPII clone).

So I ask all of you...what would be considered CANON after the video game and the new TV series comes out? That is, if Republic Commando is acceptable for the 501st :unsure:

The answer from the LMO is a definate maybe. A video game alone doesn't suffice. RC's made it in because of many persistent sources in addition to the video game - Ms. Travis' books being a big part of it. Will FU TK's follow the route of RC & ARC's? Maybe, maybe not. But this category exists to explore the costume and see how it goes.

I agree also, personally I hope that they are NOT accepted into the 501st :rolleyes: , thats all we need is more costumes when the 501st can't even regulate what we already have approved for 501st acceptance <_<

Hmmm, it appears I'm going against the grain here. I believe we should include and welcome the FU TK's to FISD. At this point this is only discussion. But, if and when the Legion approves the costume it should belong here.

Lucas can and will continue to add and expand his character and story base. With the new Clone Wars cartoon and pending TV show there is likely to be more connections between clones and tk's. Since this (FU) is in between the story and not after (expanded) its makese sense to welcome these costume types.

Further, unlike TX's we are talking mods to the white base versus a completely new base color (aka black). Further the armor is the same, so unless the armor is different I don't see why we shouldn't include the FU TK's. And let's also be prepared for the new tv show and potentially another new breed of TK's.

Agreed?

Do we have a definitive answer as to whether or not the Force Unleashed is considered canon? I was under the impression it was. As far as TK vs TX designation, does'nt it have little to do with the color scheme or base color or design and more to do with it being canon. Ultimately these guys might make their home here if it is in fact going to be considered canon. The spec ops site already has a thread dedicated to the non TK FU troopers.

As far as the new color schemes, well, it would've been cool to see some existing patterns used for episode III clones on these new TKs, but I guess those are o.k. I'd really have to see what they look like when applied to a more detailed CG character. It's hard to have any real opinion based on art work or action figures. I guarantee if we all saw the shock trooper action figure before seeing em on screen, it would've looked really bad as well. If it looks sharp enough, I might actually grow to love these new guys, especially after playing the game.

Here's what I posted on the Moutain Garrison forum when someone created a topic about the same toys:

"Just my $.02, but nothing will be as cool as the original TK armor.

The colors look good on the clones, but when you start messing with the OG stormtroopers, I think it looks goofy.

The fact that the TK's are so austere and expressionless is what makes them so cool. They're supposed to be nameless, faceless killers. I dunno... to me, the uniformity of purpose and design is all part of the mystique.

To me, that's what made the Empire so believeably scary -- the inhumanity and homogeny.

Maybe I'm a little too Orwellian and conspiratorial, but that's why the Empire was so frightening to me-- the fact that is was like Nazi Germany, or any other fanatical, dogmatic regime: it crushed individualism and valued only blind obedience.

Uncle George may write some cheesy dialogue, and he directs actors like my a$$ chews gum-- but the guy knew how to tap into history and mythos, that's for sure.

Don't slap me for saying this-- but when I was a little kid, part of the reason I rooted for the (*cough*) rebels was because they stuck up for the little guy, and championed individualism.

But the Empire had bitchin' gear and cooler helmets-- so I always wanted to play with their toys more.

I was a shallow little punk. :P "

Do we have a definitive answer as to whether or not the Force Unleashed is considered canon? I was under the impression it was. As far as TK vs TX designation, does'nt it have little to do with the color scheme or base color or design and more to do with it being canon. Ultimately these guys might make their home here if it is in fact going to be considered canon. The spec ops site already has a thread dedicated to the non TK FU troopers.

As far as the new color schemes, well, it would've been cool to see some existing patterns used for episode III clones on these new TKs, but I guess those are o.k. I'd really have to see what they look like when applied to a more detailed CG character. It's hard to have any real opinion based on art work or action figures. I guarantee if we all saw the shock trooper action figure before seeing em on screen, it would've looked really bad as well. If it looks sharp enough, I might actually grow to love these new guys, especially after playing the game.

As of today they are not canon. As far as TK/TX it's pretty arbitrary, that was the logic in the past but is no longer the case. Costume designations are really to be for a costume category and not a specific costume, else we'd have triple the costume designations we have now. For example, EU stormtrooper officers are also TK, and Heavy Weapons Troopers are TD, even though both are covered by the Spec Ops detachment.

While it's great that MEPD focuses solely on screen seen sandtroopers and FISD focuses solely on screen seen stormtroopers, from a costuming resource perspective this can be pretty limiting.

Long term it makes sense for FISD to own these EU troopers, just like eventually we should own the EU stormtooper officer, and - I know this may seem contrary especially coming from me - black hole troopers (which are pretty much black TK's).