e6000

i have aTM set of armour now i read certain types don't work well with e6000 when adding snap plates which I am about to do, would it harm my armor. I might come on here and ask dumb questions but i can't afford to replace peices if they get ruined, thanks gang.

I have a TM set of armor that I am currently working on. I haven't started gluing pieces, yet, but E6000 is the preferred or recommended glue by most troopers I've read about. I speak as a newbie, but it should be just fine, but I'm sure you would feel better to hear from a veteran.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21164-e6000-questions/page__hl__cement#entry262408

Edited by Geaux Saints

Noooooooooooooooooooooo do not zap if this is your first armor.

e6000. It is incredibly messy but incredibly forgiving. It holds VERY well (though I admit to a few snap plate incidents, but I fixed that with larger snap plates) and it is easy enough to take apart if you have to adjust something. The slow cure gives you time to adjust and finalize your clamps before you are committed to an unfixable problem.

If you're worried about your investment, definitely e6000 all the way.

Ideally, use e6000 on the armor and the trim strips and I use a 2 part plastic epoxy for snap plates. E6000 is more fogiving and able to be taken apart if changes are needed.

I have a big zap a gap drip on my chest plate... it was that moment I decided to go TD for my next costume. It was my first time using it.

Ironically I bought a tube of E-6000 today for no reason. It's sitting next to me as I type this.

-Eric

I'm not wishing to endorse any particular manufacture of glue...

But use E6000!

It's very strong and can be undone.

Drips or over spill can simply be rubbed off with your finger.

If you've had incident of the glued joint coming undone, then the fault has to lie in something that you've done.

It sticks best to a roughed then cleaned surface.

Don't use to little glue.

If you apply a touch to much, you can wipe the excess off with your finger.

Any dried over spill is also easy to remove as it becomes a rubber compound.

E6000 all the way. :)

Another vote for E6000. I used on my build, which was my first and the forgiving nature was priceless.. plus everything that Phil just said ^^^^ !

good luck.

I have a big zap a gap drip on my chest plate... it was that moment I decided to go TD for my next costume. It was my first time using it.

Ironically I bought a tube of E-6000 today for no reason. It's sitting next to me as I type this.

-Eric

I just gives you a warm feeling inside!

• 1 month later...

E6000 is the bomb

I have heard (unconfirmed) stories that it can heat up in contact with metal, so I put little bits of tape over the bottom of my snaps to prevent this possibility

I may have been wasting my time, it's probably just an urban myth

nly a myth until you get a warp then it will be a sad fact!

pressure aluminum and e-6000 can cause warping in some situations in contact with metal it generates heat

dammit Nicky

I just finished repairing the Sarcasm Detector

And you go and break it again!

lol

Oh, Sarcasm Detector. Real usefull invention...! :laugh1:

But I agree with most of the others on E6000. I did some part with zap-a-gap. Boy, do I regret that now

Yeah, zap glue, super glue or any thermally bonding glues have not much to do in armor building. Even for repairing small unimportant stuff I'd prefer epoxy. We only use superglues for wounds anyway.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...