"'77/78 Original Helmet"- ROFLMAO

Darth Hilarious

Unless I'm going blind I don't see what the issue is.

Its advertised as exactly what it is: an original stormtrooper helmet from 77/78.

Its making no claim of being screen used , its simply stating it was the original available in 77/78 which it was.

Is it ugly?

Oh my goodgawd yes.

Is it over priced?

Yep.

But other than that the listing is spot on with its info.

After I posted, I thought the same thing for a minute, so I looked at the listing again.

In the item description, the term 'original' is used to distinguish original pieces from reproduction pieces.

When the helmet was made back in the '70s, was it an original piece, or a reproduction?

just a toy form the late 70s.

What is soo funny, is if you have the SW Bluray in the "Saga" set, there is a Flight through the LFL archives and they have one of these setting on the shelf in front of what looks like a screen used lid.... They focus on this halloween mask/toy, but not the real deal...... :smiley-sw013::huh:

I remember seing the ad for the Helmet back in 77-78. I wanted one soo bad. In the ad "Don Post" used pics from the movies to get people to buy the helmet. Later on they used pics of the 'Don Post" helmet. They were $50.00 U.S. when they were first out on the market. Back then It was neat owing the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper helmet. You did not have the internet with access to info about building props and armor like we do today. Over the years "Don Post" made changes to the Helmet.

Andy

Here's mine from 1983 next to my RS Props bucket.

534b8d3d.jpg

The Don Post has been smashed a bit over the years, but I loved it when I got it for my 13th birthday!

Looks like middle age spread has affected not just me but your lid also. Looks more like Jabba than a TK lol.

I have the Darth Vader from this exact era. They were released late in the year in 1977, and I may be wrong, but I've heard that the reason that the stamping on these really early ones is hand etched, not stamped is because apparently they were first runs that were produced in a rush from Don Post to meet the holiday demands. I'd really like to find out the exact deal on these someday. Star Wars helmets.com is a little weak on the Don Post lids.

My Darth was the very first Star Wars item I ever received Christmas 1977 when I was 7years old, before the addition took over and I still have it to this day. I just recently shined it up with some Novus, and it doesn't look half bad on the shelf!

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

This is before I shined it up last week. I need to heat bend the cap because it warped from many years in an attic through high school and college.

IMG_1875-1.jpg

Edited by Solcar23

ya know...to any of you wrestling fans...this was the helmet they used to make..."THE SHOCKMASTER"!!!!! LMAO!

For those that do not know, they made acharacter that didnt last in the WWf called the shockmaster that wore this helmet...drilled eye holes n all... COVERED in glitter lol

Edited by Darth Voorhees

ya know...to any of you wrestling fans...this was the helmet they used to make..."THE SHOCKMASTER"!!!!! LMAO!

For those that do not know, they made acharacter that didnt last in the WWf called the shockmaster that wore this helmet...drilled eye holes n all... COVERED in glitter lol

Thanks for Posting this!!!! That Was Funny!!!! Been a Pro Wrestling Fan since the mid 70's! My Soap Opera!!!!

Andy

Thanks for Posting this!!!! That Was Funny!!!! Been a Pro Wrestling Fan since the mid 70's! My Soap Opera!!!!

Andy

haha no problem! Im not even a big wrestling fan myself, but one of my close freinds is and he had showed that to me and i always thought it was hilarious.

......"i think that was uncle Fred" LMAO