TE2 Stunt build up[*TE]

TK-4510

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great tutorial!! I am very impressed.

Ā 

Another solution for the black contour of the ear would be to use black electric tape, apply it on a piece of plastic and use and exacto to cut a line in it at 1/8". Then, Remove the thin line of tape and apply it on your helmet.

Ā 

That's what I came up with for my helmet, and it definitely look really good. See here

Ā 

On this topic, I am currently working on a solid piece of vinyl that can also be used. Not to take anything away from the thread, this is awesome. As soon as I can get it working, I will post it up.

Ā 

Very cool, and thanks so much for your effort. I am sure stopping and taking a hundred photos added to the time, but we appreciate it!!

Ā 

Thanks again!! :duim:

Again just an amazing job. You are one of the many reasons this is THE site for anyone that is into this hobby. This thread is just in time as I'm expecting my new bucket tomorrow or the next day. I can't wait to jump on it.

Thanks guys. I had alot of fun doing it. Having a great helmet like the TE2 made it even more fun. I would like to do an even more accurate helmet when time permits, but this one turned out pretty nice too! :)

Ā 

As I look at it now, I see stuff that I would like to fix (of course!) like..... The rank on the left hand ear is actually on the fourth rib not on the third rib as it is on the right hand side. I put them both on the third rib, DOH! And I need to fix the vocoder still... Its not quite right. I would also like to put the foam in and the elastic chin straps, then there is the............ well I guess we are never really done are we?? :P

using the black pinstripe tape is a great idea. I totally screwed up my ears when I painted the black trim on. I have to redo them now. I will go buy that pinstripe tape today.

Worth more?? Hmmm. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder here. I prefer to have my buckets as accurate as possible without sacrificing function and over all look. If you cant wear it cause all it has is an uncomfortable chunk of foam in it, well then you may want to reconsider. I prefer the absolute genuineness (is that a word?) for a display. for trooping you need to be practical too. For trooping I would put in a hard hat liner, black fabric material to back the frown so the kids cant see your mouth, cutter shield lenses so that the eyes dont show in pics. That would probably be it. No fans, no mics, no speakers. From what I have seen the mics and speakers are lame anyway. The speakers are never loud enough and the mic gets feedback if not done just so. I did install a fan for the rose parade though. I knew I would need that for sure..

Ā 

Ā 

I REALLY like what Rocko is doing with his build. He is trying to emulate the screen used look on his bucket to a hole nuvva level. I did that on my sandy too and it really looked nice. A good example of what I prefer in looks is the Gino v2. He did a great job capturing all the little details. He hand painted everything and his patience really shows in the bucket. I would strive for that.

I'm thinking about going ultimate trooper on mine. They already look fantastic on the outside, I want when someone looks inside mine when I'm done to pause for a second and feel like they are looking into an "actual" stormtrooper helmet. (by that I mean fantastical world of Lucas not actual movie used helmets)Its gonna be tricked out.

• 2 weeks later...

I got them from the website <a href="http://www.looksirdroids.com" target="_blank">http://www.looksirdroids.com</a>. On that site Gino compared a helmet he built with the dave m helmet. I really wanted to build the brian r helmet, but nobody has any good pics that I could find. The brian r helmet is THE actual helmet matt used for casting the TE and TE2 I believe. Did I confuse you more? :)

I got them from the website <a href="http://www.looksirdroids.com" target="_blank">http://www.looksirdroids.com</a>. On that site Gino compared a helmet he built with the dave m helmet. I really wanted to build the brian m helmet, but nobody has any good pics that I could find. The brian r helmet is THE actual helmet matt used for casting the TE and TE2 I believe. Did I confuse you more? :)

Yes,I'm pretty confused :blink::lol: ,But thanks for the source of the pics,I really needed them :) .

I really wanted to build the brian r helmet, but nobody has any good pics that I could find.

Ā 

There are pics floating around somewhere like the in the comparisons between Gino and Dave.M, but with Brian.R and Dave.M from the same angles. I did have them but they were lost when my computer got wiped.

I to am new to this and this was a totally awsome tutorial.

I am getting ready to start an AP armor, and this helps out alot. I am still hoping now to see how you guys finish the inside of a helmet, to make it able to wear. How to attach foam, hard hat liner, this kind of thing. I havent gotten my set in yet but am trying to soak up all the info I can before hand.

Thanks again for and great build up