clickety-clack - how do you make your suit quieter?

OK tried my suit on with the strapping today and gave it a spin around the house.

I can maneuver up and down stairs with difficulty.

And a whole lot of noise - even when just walking - is this normal?

I know that range of motion is an issue, but how much limitation should I expect? And how much noise - I think that most of it is the drop boxes and the legs - whew not sneaking up on anyone in this costume!

I haven't tried this myself (yet), but it might help to put some moleskin on the back of your drop boxes. That is where the majority of my 'trooping noise' comes from, as far as I can tell.

I find that when my thighs are up too high that they make too much contact with the crotch. That's where the majority of my sounds come from. In the Opening scene with the Stormtroopers running down the hallway they are making quite a bit of racket. Maybe someone more experienced has more options.

OK - good to know it is well within the range of normality. I may try the moleskin though - interesting idea.

Thank you all for responding - I don't know what is right yet and tend to think I've messed up somewhere along the line. Thanks for a little peace of mind - even if accompanied by clanking armor. . .

Clank with pride! If you and your fellow TKs are following behind Vader put a little p-funk swagger in your step and do what you can to drown out the big man's asthma. Stormtroopers serve with cacophonous loyalty.

Aloha,

-Eric

This MUST be the reason we're that an easy target :P

Quite the opposite. We:

1. Overwhelmed the Tantive IV and lost less than we took down.

2. Damaged the Falcon heavily before takeoff (we were told to stop the ship, not kill the pilot). I mean, who knew they had a hidden blaster?

3. Were told let Luke, etc. go so were told to make it "look good".

4. Even with a blaster, it's hard to survive 100-1 odds on Endor...

4. Even with a blaster, it's hard to survive 100-1 odds on Endor...

I agree with most points, but this seriously? They got beat by a bunch of teddy bears using ROCKS AND STICKS!!!

facepalm.jpg

And the Brits with rifles got their butts kicked by Zulus using spears. Custer didn't fare well either against bows and arrows.

Need I go on?

Sharp and pointy stuff usually has no problem piercing skin. Rocks and sticks on the other hand, would in my opinion, be a little less lethal. Especially for people who are wearing "protective armor."

You do now it was just a movie, right?

Move along, move along...

Speaking of 'move along, move along', if the TDs had done their job instead of letting some old man bedazzle them...well, things would have ended differently

I really enjoy reminding the Sandys in my Squad of that... :P

Edited by boomshakra

I agree with most points, but this seriously? They got beat by a bunch of teddy bears using ROCKS AND STICKS!!!

facepalm.jpg

you mean....Teddy bears with "POINTED" sticks.

Big difference :laugh1: