I think I'm done shopping ... what do you think?

Well after a whirlwind of buying stuff I think I finally got everything I need except a few other bits (and excluding tools) ...

• AP Helmet and armour kit
  • Boots
  • Helmet Fans
  • Aker+iComm
  • Canvas Belt
  • Rubber Gloves
  • Neck Seal
  • Holster
  • Hovi Mic Tips
  • Drop Box covers (inside)
  • Helmet screen
  • Darker lenses
  • 1/4" Elastic strips

Other stuff I think I need

• Doopy Doo's E-11 Complete Replica (definitely)
  • S-trim for Helmet
  • Random bits - Velcro, E6000, Novus 1,2,3, Humbrol (4 paint kit) etc.
  • Helmet padding
  • Possibly a second pair of Nomex gloves (more for trooping vs. for show)
  • Undersuit (going for UA I think for comfort)
  • Balacalva (is this needed?)

Stuff I missed!

• TD clips!
  • Helmet bag

Did I miss anything?

Edited by bigironvault

Woa, thats a good shopping spree, I still have to get a bunch of stuff myself, where did you get the belt? I'm thinking trooperbay or this -----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I am in the middle of the building process right now and I have had to run to a different store each night. Walmart for more clamps, and razor blades, Home-Depot to get a few washers, a heat gun and painters tape, Hobby Lobby for better paint brushes, Tandy for a few extra snaps. No matter how prepared you think you are you will realize you need something else. It gets aggravating but in a good way.

I'm EIB already and I'm STILL buying, tweaking, fixing, upgrading................. it truly never seems to end.

Ā 

If my husband knew what I had spent in total so far, he would demand a new wife!

Ā 

At least I don't have a shoe-shopping problem.

if you wear silk liner gloves the latex ones fit and wear comfortable.

wear a silk glove, a plastic medical glove, and then the rubber glove on the

PTT side of the aker/Icomm. it will keep your switch from shorting out.

Ā 

also you should use white medical tape to tape the switch to your finger on the outside of the medical glove.

Ā 

it's a layering effect to keep the switch between plastic layers.

you should also consider putting the switch inside a balloon.

What I don't see in the list are rivets and snaps. You seem to have gathered everything else, though.

Ā 

I'm EIB already and I'm STILL buying, tweaking, fixing, upgrading................. it truly never seems to end.

Ā 

If my husband knew what I had spent in total so far, he would demand a new wife!

Ā 

Ā 

When I told this to my wife she would break out in laughter! :laugh1: (Somehow I think she can understand that perfectly...)

Ā 

Ā 

So TRUE!!!! :P

What I don't see in the list are rivets and snaps. You seem to have gathered everything else, though.

Ā 

Yuppers - tools and more tools. I think my wife must think that I'm starting to get "handy" at home. Little does she know...

You'll also do well with a set of rare earth magnets for keeping the long seams together while your glue dries. I'd say 24 at an absolute minimum, plus spares when some of them decide to spontaneously fly together and shatter upon impact.

Definitely latex at some point in the near future. This is ironic but slightly turned off with the price point on the latex hand guards. But it is what it is I suppose. I'll probably grab them off Trooperbay is my guess.

The pricetag????

Check the ones from sonnenschein.

Great value for your money.

Ā 

Yeah totally have - in fact it's the one I will prob go with. 20 odd Euros + S/H is about $30+ CDN. I know it's not much in the grand scheme of things (probably $2k once this is all done) but in my mind it's still a bit given how much I've spent so far already. Maybe next month! :)

Ā 

In general it's okay though. I'm getting over sticker shock (like I'm sure most newbies go through) - but as an indie publisher on the side working with a variety of artists, colorists, writers etc. I also recognize that a lot (time, expertise and money) goes into making these fantastic items we all enjoy. I certainly am no expert in sewing, molding, etc. so more power to the people that support us and dedicate their time to making all our dreams come true.