Blasters optional?

Under the CRL it states that blasters are optional, does this mean that you do not have to have a blaster to gain EI or Centurion status? Just curious as to how that works since the weapons do have a EI or Centurion standards.

for 501st legion acceptance, i believe that blasters are optional as each country has their own laws that forbids some troopers carrying them. I don't know if the same can be said for eib and centurion

Was curious, I have armor that I believe would meet Centurion, but it would take some time for me to build a blaster to meet that standard. I need to make a ROTJ E-11 blaster that has an extended stock. That is why I questioned the way it was written.

yes blasters are required for EIB - Centurion

Ā 

i have been working on some ideas for doopy-doo stock mods. but dont have one to work with for a tutorial... or you could get an Apex stock for 40$

Ā 

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/83/products_id/2080

There are two points that need to be clarified and now's a good time to do so:

Ā 

1) Blasters are never required elements for 501st acceptance, as various countries have tough laws. As the CRL is intended to be what you troop with, it has to be that way in the base CRL.

2) EIB & Centurion are optional levels. You don't have to troop that way - we're not the trooping police - and instead are meant to recognize achievements in costuming. You can just have the blaster on display in your house and only use it for photos if that's how your country works. E.g. you could convert a Hasbro in your house and never take it out.

Ā 

If even that is restrictive, perhaps it's possible to have a country exception list, but that would be for the membership to decide.

a country exception list is a great idea for EIB/centurion who have no way of getting any kind of blaster. if that that need ever arises i think it should be addressed. alternatively one could go EU and use a lightsaber ;) i do not believe those are banned in any countries.

a country exception list is a great idea for EIB/centurion who have no way of getting any kind of blaster

I have to agree, cause i just found out...

Where i come from (Holland) its forbidden by law to have anything remotely similair to a gun... :(

I knew it was forbidden to carry around something thats similair to a "real" gun..but here we go: it's also forbidden to have a blaster from an ancient galaxy far far away...

I should have known...silly me... but here is what happened to me..I ordered my TK blaster from the UK( not thinking about law)...being part of the European Union it doesn't get checked 100%..So i got it in the mail no problem....Now i'm also builing a TB on the side, so i ordered a TB blaster from the US... I should have gotten it in the mail 3 days ago, but its still @ customs, and frankly i'm freaking out thinking what's to come... :(

Edited by Red5

Funny cause i just found out...

Where i come from (Holland) its forbidden by law to have anything remotely similair to a gun... :(

I knew it was forbidden to carry around something thats similair to a "real" gun..but here we go: it's also forbidden to have a blaster from an ancient galaxy far far away...

I should have known...silly me... but here is what happened to me..I ordered my TK blaster from the UK( not thinking about law)...being part of the European Union it doesn't get checked 100%..So i got it in the mail no problem....Now i'm also builing a TB on the side, so i ordered a TB blaster from the US... I should have gotten it in the mail 3 days ago, but its still @ customs, and frankly i'm freaking out thinking what's to come... :(

You should talk to the Dutch garrison (http://www.dutchgarrison.nl/), they should know how things are done with SW blasters there. I met some of them last summer so I know they have blasters. Very nice people too! :)

Edited by Locitus

• 1 month later...

It's a challenge for Canadians as well. We're pretty much stuck with doopydoo's resin replica (in parts only). Nothing else seems to be able to make it cross the border. (When it's assembled and I bring it to the US, it will likely be confiscated when I return home. *bleh*)

• 2 months later...

I have to agree, cause i just found out...

Where i come from (Holland) its forbidden by law to have anything remotely similair to a gun... sad.png

I should have known...silly me... but here is what happened to me..I ordered my TK blaster from the UK( not thinking about law)...being part of the European Union it doesn't get checked 100%..So i got it in the mail no problem....Now i'm also builing a TB on the side, so i ordered a TB blaster from the US... I should have gotten it in the mail 3 days ago, but its still @ customs, and frankly i'm freaking out thinking what's to come... sad.png

You should talk to the Dutch garrison (http://www.dutchgarrison.nl/), they should know how things are done with SW blasters there. I met some of them last summer so I know they have blasters. Very nice people too! smile.png

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks to a former member here (#cough#Merugear#cough#) and his persistant hounding of the Dutch authorities blaster, be they black sprayed toys or full on replicas , are now a major no go in Holland.

Ā 

Up until his actions a blind eye was turned.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7833&st=0&p=100302&hl=merugear&fromsearch=1entry100302

Ā 

Please take note of how many times he was told :

Ā 

"Leave it! They will turn round and bite you! "

hounding of the Dutch authorities? What did he do? Chase after cops with an E-11?

No but he was trying to "go by the book" and asked them for permission since it technically was not allowed, but had been permitted. After him asking too many questions they started to care and banned the blasters. Waking up the sleeping lion so to speak.

After him asking too many questions they started to care and banned the blasters. Waking up the sleeping lion so to speak.

Ā 

Just as he was warned, repeatedly, they would.

Ā 

Biggest ball ache of all was he wasn't even a 501st member!!

• 3 months later...

I wondered if I could add to this as I have a slightly related enquiry regarding blasters and the CRL. While I understand that blasters are not required, is it ok to mix, for instance, rotj centurion armour and a basic, ANH, E-11?

Ā 

I suppose I ask as I have no experience at all about scratch building a blaster, and no idea about even finding machinists to help me - but I do have a doopydoos kit that can easily be made to look AHN, ESB or even semi-ROTJ. I'm tempted to just assemble the blaster as is for general use and then spend the next year or so really getting into a rotj E-11

Ā 

thanks!

No. If you are applying for eib or centurion your blaster must also comply with the same crl and level as the armour.

Ā 

Sent from my GT-I9300

Ā 

You can't apply for centurion or EIB without a blaster. Blasters optional is only for basic 501st membership.

Ā 

Or rather, you can apply, but you won't be approved.

You can't apply for centurion or EIB without a blaster. Blasters optional is only for basic 501st membership.

Or rather, you can apply, but you won't be approved.

Ā 

Oh. Well, that sorts that out, thanks. I think my confusion arises from the wording on the CRL which can be read to mean you can be EIB or Centurion without a blaster: "Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present must meet the guidelines below." and then goes on to list the three levels. Could do with a "Blasters are required for levels two and three".

Ā 

But thank you for clearing it up!