***I just scored a early Disney TK tour suit! ROTJ based........Complete.***

Hi guys....

As some of you are aware I produce CFO ROTJ Stormtrooper armour from moulds bought from Cameron Oakley in Australia. These moulds pre date all fan made trooper moulds in the world and up until recently were the only cast from original lineage stormtrooper armour available. Until the fantastic RS Props suit came to light. I'm not saying I have the only moulds as a few sets were cast from the original suit... Notably TE, Gino and mine. All Fan armour that is screen accurate derives from these 3 sets of moulds ( apart from RS props ANH) and most altered them to look ANH, I didn't and stuck to it's true origins of ROTJ. This was a huge gamble as there was not much love for ROTJ but I thought it was silly to have direct lineage armour that was reworked to be not what it was supposed to be.

The original suit was missing some parts and most fan made armour derived from this suit only had 1 shin side, 1 forearm, Knee belt, Knee diamond, Back canister detail and end caps, and belt.

Now up until now I have been using parts sculpted by myself for the missing parts and the shins and arms have always been used as the same on both sides....

NOW......... I have just scored a complete set of Disney Tour armour and lid.... :) I know it's ugly and the lid is of no use in terms of accuracy as are some of the parts.... BUT it is derived from a set of ROTJ armour and it has all the missing parts for the completion of my armour.... I will be able to offer both legs and arms, the shoulder bells are a more true to Jedi look...... :0Lighten:

As you can see some of the parts have been altered for ease of movement during the tours.......

Feast you eyes on this! :blink:

image006.jpg

image005.jpg

image004.jpg

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

These are not my pics but are pics of the actual suit. If they need to be removed please advise......

Edited by sskunky

Congratulations on a cool score, Mark.

My first impression is that the shoulder bells might be a good option for casting additional parts. I'm not convinced that the other limb parts will be of much use. In the photos, they all look as if they have been radically shortened.

I hope I'm wrong, it would be nice if you could add some parts from it. I suppose you could always cast and re-sculpt to the correct length if need be.

Good luck.

Cool find, congrats Mark.

But as is, it's one ugly SOB. Talk about one bizarre misshapen step-brother from original lineage. :D

The leg parts really look painfully short. And the helmet...oh, the helmet. Words fail me.

I would be surprised if you used any of thse parts for casting. All of the parts are seriously chopped down. Only parts I can see of any use are the 02 canister, hand plates and knee plate - everything else is undersized or modified. It's a nice keepsake and I just hope it is worth the price you paid.

I almost bought one a few years ago from 'J' but after seeing detailed photos of it I passed on it.

I would be surprised if you used any of thse parts for casting. All of the parts are seriously chopped down. Only parts I can see of any use are the 02 canister, hand plates and knee plate - everything else is undersized or modified. It's a nice keepsake and I just hope it is worth the price you paid.

I almost bought one a few years ago from 'J' but after seeing detailed photos of it I passed on it.

Dont forget the shoulder bells!

I'm going to wait till it arrives to see the comparison next to my other parts. I have no idea of the dimensions of this trooper wearing it. If parts are slightly shortened it's not too much work to build up the parts again. It's more of a base than I have at the mo.

Yes the shoulder bell, O2 details hand guards and sniper plate etc are all good. I'll find out soon.

Yeah, the bells are not too bad, but still not full size. I think you will find most of the parts are a few inches shorter than what they should be and I would hazzard a guess the guy wearing it in the photos above is around 6' tall.

I do have some photos of some of these parts next to my TM parts and they are quite a bit shorter. I think it is a shame they modifed and cut these Disney suits down so much because they would have been a great base for an ROTJ kit.

I got it for a good deal.... As I said I can still work from what I have in this suit and it's better than starting from scratch.... A bit of extension here and there is not hard to do I will have the essence of the shape even if a bit cut down....:duim: