Bag / Case for my Costume

I am just in the process of getting my first costume together and I was just looking for some advice on storage and transportation. Is anyone able to recommend a bag/case that will hold the full costume to make it easier to transport to events etc?

Damon

Someone posted this case in a thread here in the forum and I had to get one for myself:

-----------

I thought about trying to find a cheaper one, but I thought why? This is perfect and I'll never have to worry about upgrades. Best price I've found has been Home Depot.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 12/16/2011 at 11:11 PM, xaoslord said:

Someone posted this case in a thread here in the forum and I had to get one for myself:

--------

I thought about trying to find a cheaper one, but I thought why? This is perfect and I'll never have to worry about upgrades. Best price I've found has been Home Depot.

and you can lock it and it can go on a airplane for C6 :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Stanely Bins are decent, but they take up a TON of space in your place. If you have a small apt, I'd recommend something else. I recently just got a very large duffel bag from an army surplus store and it works really well. I need to have it because since my gf now has a TK, both bins won't fit in our cars. We take one in a bin and one in a duffel bag.

Yeah you need to pick a bag or case depending on how you're gonna transport the armour. As Ill most likely always use the train, I chose a big sports bag type thing. It has wheels on it, but it isn't a suitcase. It's big enough to hold everything minus my lid and as it's soft I can just put it on the seat next to me.

I use this one. I can fit everything but my helmet inside there.---------

Plano sportsman trunk

• Product Height (in.) : 14
  • Product Length (in.) : 37.75 in
  • Product Width (in.) : 18.25

Stanley storage bin

• Product Depth (in.) : 23
  • Product Height (in.) : 23
  • Product Length (in.) : 37 in
Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm using this one. I chose it because it won't leak and I carry my armor in the back of my pickup so I didn't want to worry about getting caught in the rain. It's very sturdy, you can easily sit on it as a bench. I can also fit my helmet inside if I break down my torso armor. Only downside is that it does not have an extended or telescoping handle but I plan to add something soon.

It does have eyelets for a lock on both ends though they are a ring of plastic about 1/2 inch at most in thickness. Ok to secure it so the lid doesn't come off but as an actual security feature it's sort of laughable since you could cut the plastic with a box cutter in about 1 sec.

One could drill holes into the lip of the cover to add locks if desired.

It doesn't have a hinge on the cover like the Stanley which I could see as a plus.

So far I'm really happy with it though.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I drive a Porsche and I can't fit huge things in it. This is the best thing i have found for me and still staying with a hard shell tote. I can't fit my helmet in it. But I would never pack my helmet in something. I like holding it. It is my pride and joy.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I use the same locker as Tray, which I also got from WalMart. Everything fits except the helmet, and it's surprisingly compact. The built in wheels and handle are great, and it can be securely padlocked if one chooses.

I put 2" foam padding all around the inside of mine. Everything fits great (sans bucket which of course I take in a helmet bag)

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Few minutes after you posted Matt :laugh1:

jedi tacos --- > TK-3425 added foam inside his armor container... i think he uses the stanley?

link:

www.tk3425.com/?cat=155

Edited by Cardiac

Thanks! That's exactly what I was thinking! Grabbing a Stanley! I have a helmet bag for my lid, but would it be overkill to have it in a bag and also try to find some sort of hard shell type of box to put it in too?

On 12/16/2011 at 11:11 PM, xaoslord said:

--------

Though i havent traveled with a TK yet, I do travel with all my steampunk regalia and it works great. Especially the tray at the top. it holds the little stuff very nicely. :) BTW the BIG retractable handle at the opposite end of the case's wheels is awesome.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I found one at a TSC Farmstore call King Kong, it has wheels and a handle. Very heavy duty black plastic 37"Lx 23"W x19"T. All the other garrison troops that saw it, loved it!!

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2011 at 12:22 AM, snoopy trooper said:

and you can lock it and it can go on a airplane for C6 :)

This is for the Stanley 37" bin.

How solid is it for flight transportation? I'm seriously considering getting one for C6 myself, but my garrison buddies are more fans of the metal container but I find it huge and it seems really heavy and inconvenient.

This is what they use, with mounted rollers:

---------

If the Stanley is just as solid and does the job as well, then I'm going for that.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed