New WHITE Theme Now Available for FISD

ZeroRoom

Ladies and Gentlemen! By popular demand there is now an alternative white theme skin up and rolling for the new look FISD forums.

To choose between the current default blue/black theme page and the white theme simply scroll to the bottom of the page and find the 'Change Skin' menu. Choose 'FISD.2011.White' when the menu appears like this:

UpYKTix.jpg

You will see your theme change to the new white. Like it better? Keep it! Prefer the Blue/Black theme? Change it back!

After all - it's your FISD :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Call me conservative but I really liked the FISD 2010 ESB theme. It was much better designed than any new color scheme can aver be put on the FISD 2011 skin. Not because I don't appreciate the effort, because I really do, and I know how much work it is. But the 2010 theme was better than the 2011 theme can ever be. IMHO.

COOL!!! right off the bat i like it very much. will have to see how my eyes and head feel after a few hours useing it!!!

I do agree with Mathias. But i salute your efort and what u are doing

Mathias/Joey - can you please list some thoughts on how to make it better? The 2010 ESB theme was only meant to run that single year and then be replaced in January 2011, so we're a bit behind :)

It will never come back, but we can move forward.

I think that it's not the ESB "theme" itself that made it good but how the skin was coded. Basically you could throw any color scheme you want on that skin and it'd still look better than the 2011 skin, simply because of how the skin is coded. It's more than just a color scheme.

Sure i feel that it cover the right balance of colors and glare??? with it i could actually surf the site with out useing my reading glasses, and eyes and head werent killing me after a while.

Joey - to be sure the white theme is bright! But that's why the blue theme is there as an alternative. I used to use the red theme rather than the ESB theme for that reason. Others find that white text on black hurt their eyes and requested black on white for the same reason! Mathias - because I did use the red and black theme over the ESB theme my memory of the ESB theme is hazy. To my recollection the basic layout and function (Nav bar up top, forums to the left, recent topics top right) seems essentially the same. Can you be specific as to any layout/functions/GUI aspects that you preferred? Some things are a permanent change with IPB 2.3 but some specific requests might be able to be filled. Name names! :D