The ultimate ANH Helmet is now complete

Looks like SiMan has finished his ANH helmets.

http://www.therpf.com/f45/original-1977-anh-stormtrooper-armor-helmet-95954/index22.html

Raves continue to pour in - will be interesting to see what this does for stormtrooper costuming as a whole.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read through the thread, and it looks like he will be at least selling finished helmets. 1mm HDPE seems pretty fragile, though. Definitely a collectors helmet, not a trooping helmet.

I like it, but...

the Cap and Back is what is going to attract the most attention on this one...it has very sharp molding like in the movie... and i have checked they were that sharp...!

I am not 100% sure if i like this, because it looks a bit wonky in some areas, i guess more pull and experience will provide them with the ability to have pull without wrinkles. And i guess i am so used to see my helmet and Brian and Dave derivatives that are generations away from the original mold that it makes my opinion a bit biased.

I just goes to who you that bumpy cap and backs were not really the standard, from the looks of it, they were pretty clean if you ask me...

i guess well have to wait and see what comes out of this.

but you can't get more accurate than that...now i want to see the suit..that the biggie!

Edited by LittleOne

just be thankful it's being offered

what do people think a fair price would be £300 ?

Please dont think i was being an a** with my last post, it wasnt meant to offend anyone! i was just pointing out that this is a great opportunity for everyone to benefit, as a lot of guys cant afford some of the better helmets out there as the owners (makers) price them well out of the range of some ($1000 for a helmet anyone?), & it has the potential to make its owner A LOT of beer tokens without shelling out loads for the initial purchase & trying to recover that in the sales of the castings as some have had to do - what i meant was he can price it competitively and still make a very good profit.

I hope i got my point across a little better this time ??

300 pounds is too much...even if it feels like the real deal, not a lot of people will be able to afford that because the pound converted into other currency becomes even more expensive for other countries

300.00 GBP = 485.880 USD right now.... you are entering in the realm of SDS prices....and there is too much competition now that offers extremely good replica buckets for way less....

Thats a lof of money for a small amount of plastic....ok.ok granted that it is special and so on and so forth but still too much.... Only a handfull of person would be able to afford that and besides the stuff would be pirated and end up on Ebay cheaper, lets not kid ourselves here on that part...the guy has to have competitive prices...and he can count his lucky stars that he got this without actually paying for this...so his profit margin is already almost in the gain area, almost no debt so to speak...

well have to wait and see but i think this is gonna end up in one big mess because it looks like ( and i pray i am super wrong ) that this is a get rich quick situation brewing....

my 2 republic credits

Amazing helmet and totally unaltered like the GINO/TE line.

What we all finally wanted, tear detail, tube kinks, bumps warts and all and a super sharp cap and face!

Love it.

Joe

Great!!........ More things to covet…… :lol:

but it sur looks pretty

I'd do some sums based on recouping your costs over a set time/number of pulls (very low in this case as the suit was 'found' not bought at auction) and aim for that.

It is accurate, but nothing a sealing iron couldn't put into a cheaper accurate helmet.(tube kink etc)

It is very, very pretty though :)

I'd do some sums based on recouping your costs over a set time/number of pulls (very low in this case as the suit was 'found' not bought at auction) and aim for that.

It is accurate, but nothing a sealing iron couldn't put into a cheaper accurate helmet.(tube kink etc)

Agree with you 100% i do. :D

The real win scenario would be if they decide to sell these kits with an equally well made armour at relatively cheap prices so we could improve our troopers through out the legion imho.

Edited by ctankep

Don't agree with that at all John, that attitiude encourages people to buy recast 4th or 5th gen suits and will hardly encourage people to offer original stuff.

Real trooper fans will appreciate this...

Joe

Don't get me wrong Joe, I love what they have. Same as your suits/lids

But if these guys whack the price up too high, not many people will buy them.

I agree with you not agreeing with me actually lol.

It wasn't worded fully.

My point is, what they have is lovely stuff with a PURE heritage. Worth the money alone.

Not many will see it that way sadly. Theyll look at the new lid, try to justify the price (others will be in a queue for one :)) and some may just 'think' the difference is a few kinks here and there. I can do that kink myself and they 'look' the same. Or very similar

They're not the same, no :)

I may get one myself, but not if the price is ridiculously high.

You don't sell your lids for £300 do you?

You seeked yours out, you weren't lucky enough to find one in your attic :)

Edited by john danter

Don't agree with that at all John, that attitiude encourages people to buy recast 4th or 5th gen suits and will hardly encourage people to offer original stuff.

Real trooper fans will appreciate this...

Joe

Everything what will be offered , will be recasted sooner or later if it's good or to expensive for the mass.

These guys always will be there.And he could do nothing as look and anger himself, cause he have no licence or patent which would keep this guys on there balls.

If the creator not want this, he should not offer his casts and keep them only for himself.

Simple as easy.

But i agree it would be a great shame if this will happen, for all who want to have such a nice replica of a real helmet.

My personal POV:

I think he can sell them for more as 300 GBP and there will be enough who would buy it.

Look how many guys buy EFX or MR stuff, it's not less expensive but the people buy it like candy.

But the risks of recasts would be much higher.

It's something special, which will not will happen again the next 20 years i believe.

And the big point, he's the only one who would sell copy's of a real AnH armor and helmet.

So he can dictate the price, if he want to do this.

But that's all wild guess, so sit back and lets see what will happen.

Overall one more nice replica outthere , which is truly worth it to collect.

He has done a great work so far.

Maybe this is a chance for an original helmet/armour to be priced so well that the re-casters wont be able to make much profit by re-casting it- like i said tho it all depends on how greedy (no insult intended, there just isnt a better word)they get with it