deathtrooper helmet build

i took 2 afternoons to throw this together.. it was great fun.. i just brush painted all the details and clear coated it.. im really liking how it tuned out.. it still needs a little tweaking but its 99% done

deathtrooper006.jpg

deathtrooper005.jpg

deathtrooper004.jpg

deathtrooper003.jpg

deathtrooper002.jpg

deathtrooper001.jpg

thanks.. it was just a fun project and an excuse to be as inaccurate as i possibly could.. i got the flu so i didn't want to mess up any serious builds im working on, just got a little dremel and hot glue fever going on :P

i based it on this trooper

death-trooper_2.jpg

now LFL just needs to put this in a game or a movie so it can be approved.. id love to do this to the max ;)

now LFL just needs to put this in a game or a movie so it can be approved.. id love to do this to the max ;)

Wow, can you imagine trooping in that? As if little kids aren't already afraid of normal TK's, this would send them over the edge! :blink:

Why did you opt to make all the normal TK details (tears, traps, tube stripes) so sloppy and inaccurate?

Artistic license? Would look better if this was bases on a "cleaner" base TK lid, that's what I'm trying to say.

Otherwise pretty cool. But let's never approve these halloween gag thingies for trooping, we have enough silly variants already. ;)

Why did you opt to make all the normal TK details (tears, traps, tube stripes) so sloppy and inaccurate?

Artistic license? Would look better if this was bases on a "cleaner" base TK lid, that's what I'm trying to say.

Otherwise pretty cool. But let's never approve these halloween gag thingies for trooping, we have enough silly variants already. ;)

i did it sloppy intentionally to add to the distorted effect.i did the details with random shaky brushstrokes. TK accuracy was not intended or implied.. i really wanted to capture the distressed look ;) and i like being silly :P

Congrats on making this with a helmet besides the FX helmet. All of the other death trooper helmets I've ever seen have been FX buckets, which means I'm never going to love how they turned out since I'm not in love with the original helmet.

i just love stormtroopers and zombies so this was the ticket to a good time :P ill likely throw it up on EBAY so it dont collect dust.. i hope that LFL makes more deathtrooper stuff in the future, id really like to destroy a whole kit!!

i love this artwork :D

deathtroopers_bg.jpg

oh and the skull is a plastic Halloween decoration i dismantled and modified.. i have another electronic motorized skull in mind if i make another someday :P