Warning to all FISD detachment members re: Jedislayer5000 / Brandon from Victoria BC Canada

SuperTrooper

Warning to all FISD detachment members re: Jedislayer5000 / Brandon from Victoria BC Canada

A few weeks ago, a serious offense took place on FISD. A "new" member named "Charles1978" had posted an AP armor set for sale on Dec. 31st 2010. Several FISD members had "purchased" this armor, when in fact the armor DID NOT exist.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=13880

The thread was locked on January 1st, 2011 when it was confirmed that several people had paid for the same armor, and multiple payments were accepted by the seller even though it was only advertised that 1 set of armor was available (when really nothing was for sale).

FISD staff has uncovered evidence that user Charles1978 is the same person or is affiliated with Jedislayer5000 / Brandon. Other sock puppet accounts that have been created and may be affiliated with Jedislayer5000 / Brandon are: Charles1978, Stunt_Gungan, Skywalker555, and possibly others.

FISD staff have spent many hours over the past 2 weeks doing a comprehensive investigation to uncover solid evidence in this transgression. Only after this investigation and deliberation was completed have we decided that these user accounts / members should be permanently BANNED.

Jedislayer5000 / Brandon has also been banned on MEPD, as well as his home garrison in western Canada - Badlands Garrison. As well, 501st Legion Command has been informed of this incident. FISD staff have waited until the disputes were settled on Paypal and the buyers who paid for the scam were refunded their payments, before communicating the conclusion to Jedislayer5000 / Brandon as well as communicating the resolution here.

There was also overwhelming evidence that the scam did take place, including messages to and from the seller to buyers, payment statements, filed Paypal disputes, etc. FISD staff have also been openly communicating with Jedislayer5000 / Brandon to help try and resolve this matter, but far too much damage has been done to the community. We firmly believe that it is our duty to protect detachment members and that such scams, acts of fraud and dishonesty will not be tolerated on FISD.

As stated in the buy and sell forums: The admin staff are NOT responsible for any transaction on this forum. We ARE here to mediate if there is a problem.

FISD rules and guidelines also state that sock puppet accounts are not allowed. We encourage users old and new to review the FISD rules and guidelines.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3055

In short: your FISD account is YOUR responsibility. Whether you or someone in your household uses your computer in the act of exploiting other detachment members, the responsibility still lies on YOU as an FISD member to rectify the situation IMMEDIATELY.

Going forward, we will also make some revisions and changes to the forum to better protect our members. While we try to do our best, please be aware of who you are purchasing from, what you are purchasing, etc. As the old saying goes - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If you have any questions, please ask - but keep in mind that personal information will be confidential.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. FISD staff.

the FISD is awesome! sad news, but it looks like the admins of this site have all of this under control.

it's for this reason why members should be proud of this detachment!

Thanks for the 'heads up'!

Thanks guys, I feel privilaged to be part of this community and all the more so when I see how profesionally administered things like this are dealt with

I have a few armour bits and pieces, would gladly donate to anyone bitten, please PM if you think it is suitable

thanks again

gra

What you guys did was great :)

So glad I posted I'd won that as it seemed to good to be true. Thankfully I parted with no cash, but sadly others did.

Glad it's all worked out fine and all have had money back.

Scum like that need banning from the 501st for life in my book.

Thanks again lads :)

This truly is disgusting behaviour and not something I have encountered several times before.

I got stiffed on a $200 latex mask many moons ago and also got stiffed on a $100 hockey mask and latex mask.

This is the kind of thing that put me off collecting anything for over 4 years.

I hope something comes from this and the scammer is taken to the cleaners.

I'm not sure what the local cops would do, but something should happen. Fraud is fraud.

The staff here seem to have done everything possible and I can only applaud them for their great work.

Good work guys. Interestingly, I remember thinking it odd, because he at first seemed like he was pitching himself as a newbie but then seemed to always have something for sale. Anyway, nice catch. That's what makes this community so helpful, you form bonds and troopers look out for other troopers.

Every member should have to have his website and photo in his profile (in my opinion).

I won't buy or trade without that anymore.

What if someone doesn't have a website? The idea with the photo has some merrit, tough. But every member of the 501st has their pic on the HP, don't they?

Like Terrell said, we're looking at implementing measures to make the sales area here a bit safer for the membership.

If anyone has ideas they'd like to share toward this goal, such as the ideas Pat suggested, please let us know. :)

Maybe the "bigger"* sellers could leave their full name/address/phone number with the staff? So, if something goes awry, they could be contacted directly?

*e.g.: single sale with $200 and, of course everybody who makes a "run"/permanent offer"

A wise man once said "Don't sell something you don't have"; I suggest to make a rule that people only pay when the item is ready to ship, And no "money in front" to pay a third party (like a machinist) in advance.

Edited by Sonnenschein

This truly is disgusting behaviour and not something I have encountered several times before.

I got stiffed on a $200 latex mask many moons ago and also got stiffed on a $100 hockey mask and latex mask.

This is the kind of thing that put me off collecting anything for over 4 years.

I hope something comes from this and the scammer is taken to the cleaners.

I'm not sure what the local cops would do, but something should happen. Fraud is fraud.

The staff here seem to have done everything possible and I can only applaud them for their great work.

I'm in law enforcement (federal level) here in Canada and have offered to help.

I agree with you, fraud is fraud!

Maybe the "bigger"* sellers could leave their full name/address/phone number with the staff? So, if something goes awry, they could be contacted directly?

Joe and myself were planning of giving all our details to the mods just so this kind of thing never happens, not that it will with us anyway. It would give customers peace of mind.

We would never take anyone's money without the stock being there for release.

Edited by sskunky

Great idea, I would also be happy to lodge a 'deposit' if it was considered neccessary with the forum as a sign of good faith.

Transparency must be on the top of every sellers list for 2011.

Joe

Edited by JoeR

I'm in law enforcement (federal level) here in Canada and have offered to help.

I agree with you, fraud is fraud!

Thanks Mike! The situation is that we as the staff can't drive legal action, however we can provide to you the names of the parties involved should you request it, just as they are free to contact you via PM should they wish the "authorities" to step in. We have all our evidence archived, and can present them upon request to a legal authority.

Thats crazy. Brandon bought a few things from me and always came through with the money. I also purchased something from him and he actually sent it. But i guess i got lucky.

One idea, that kind of goes along with these others. Is having a new rank or some sort of mark on a profile for a "VERIFIED" seller. one that has left his information with the FISD staff. That way it isnt a requirement to give up all of your ID when selling, but buyers have the knowledge of the ones that do.

just an idea.

Wow ... :blink: Thanks Terrell for letting us know about this.

I sent a free pair of gloves and also paid shipping to help out that person.

Now i know.

;)

WOW 2! :blink: I sent him a pair of free hovis as he was a newbe and was having trouble with his solid mic tips..... Just goes to show generosity and help doesn't always payoff.

Another thing i understand is that some (good) sellers don't want others to know they sell this and that and they use another name and that's OK. I sell stuff on e-bay and i use my wife's account so people don't know its me but i'm a good seller!

In another forum i'm in, everytime you post there's an address under your post (i think its called IP address) so when someone would use a different username to hide they would know and could tell where the connection comes from.

That could help the administrators here. :)

Edited by Quebectrooper

I would be very careful with condoning the creation of alternate accounts on FISD, as that is technically a form of "sock puppeting" which is not allowed here.

Another thing i understand is that some (good) sellers don't want others to know they sell this and that and they use another name and that's OK. I sell stuff on e-bay and i use my wife's account so people don't know its me but i'm a good seller!

In another forum i'm in, everytime you post there's an address under your post (i think its called IP address) so when someone would use a different username to hide they would know and could tell where the connection comes from.

That could help the administrators here. :)

Thanks Mike! The situation is that we as the staff can't drive legal action, however we can provide to you the names of the parties involved should you request it, just as they are free to contact you via PM should they wish the "authorities" to step in. We have all our evidence archived, and can present them upon request to a legal authority.

At your service Paul.

If the amounts are large enough I can ask colleagues in JediSlayer's neck of the woods to look into the matter. At the very least I can try to direct those who have been defrauded to the right person(s).