size of side rivits on ab?

On 1/8/2011 at 2:37 AM, PGHtrooper21 said:

What are the size of the 6 rivits that are used on the side of the ab?

I am begining to work on this and I am trying to find the right size.

Thanks.

Andy

Hello, I am very new - but this might help. I think other people will reply, too. :)

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I used split rivets. 3/8". they are silver and you will have to paint the tops after you assemble the clamshell.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Split rivets would be screen accurate. If you want to be "über" you need to find some with flowers...

Ahh i didnt know you cared Karin with flowers you sweety you :wub:

Just an FYI - the rivets do not go on the cod section as in the photos above and should be kept on the abdomen only. If you are going to the trouble of having the rivets then I think you should put them in the right place :)

Edited by troopermaster

On 1/8/2011 at 4:13 AM, SW1 said:

Ahh i didnt know you cared Karin with flowers you sweety you :wub:

Which girl doesn't like flowers '?

Hmm.. can't seem to find the pic of the screen used ones. Maybe Paul could chime in?

We really need to find these...

On 1/8/2011 at 4:55 AM, troopermaster said:

Just an FYI - the rivets do not go on the cod section as in the photos above and should be kept on the abdomen only. If you are going to the trouble of having the rivets then I think you should put them in the right place :)

Thus spoke the Master..... 

On 1/8/2011 at 4:58 AM, Sonnenschein said:

Which girl doesn't like flowers '?

Hmm.. can't seem to find the pic of the screen used ones. Maybe Paul could chime in?

I will send you some flowers for a set of your accurate Hand plates Karin:blush:

Yes looks like the Master is bang on :duim:

Hi Juan,

It depends what rivits you go for i know Stukatrooper has a tutorial on his Flicker site on rivits check it out its under his TM and AP armour builds mate ;)

On 1/8/2011 at 4:58 AM, Sonnenschein said:

This is the suit with the flower shaped rivets-

4240109469_79c67603e3_o.thumb.jpg.6e118d00bdd5eda1235336c18dcf6b2b.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

OK, I need help with how best to describe this for EI or CRL should haves. Here is what I have - is this correct?

* The left side of the armor should have six rivets approximately 3/8" (9mm) in diameter. They should be white or painted white. Split rivets are preferred as they should have solid caps. Three each go on the ab plate and are equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

* On the right hand side of the torso there is one male snap on the front ab plate. You see the back side of a 15mm male snap. Camping snaps without text or patterns look best.

On 1/8/2011 at 7:32 PM, troopermaster said:

This is the suit with the flower shaped rivets-

---------

I thought more suits had the flower rivets, was it just one suit?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

OK, I need help with how best to describe this for EI or CRL should haves. Here is what I have - is this correct?

Quote:

* The left side of the armor should have six rivets approximately 3/8" (9mm) in diameter. They should be white or painted white. Split rivets are preferred as they should have solid caps. Three each go on the ab plate and are equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

* On the right hand side of the torso there is one male snap on the front ab plate. You see the back side of a 15mm male snap. Camping snaps without text or patterns look best.

If I may interject my two cents worth, Paul; you gave me a great base to work with, I just tweaked it and added some additional info to help the description. Here is my rendition:

*Left side of armor should have six rivets, approximately 3/8†(9mm) in diameter. They should be white or painted white. Split rivets are preferred as they should have solid caps. Three each go on the ab plate and three each on the kidney plate and are equally spaced along the depth of the ab and kidney plate. The three rivets on the ab plate should mirror the three rivets on the kidney plate. These rivets should be placed approximately 10mm from the vertical edges of the ab and kidney plate.

*There is one male snap, approximately 15mm in diameter, on the right hand side of the torso, at the top back corner edge of the ab plate. The spacing of the one male snap should be spaced approximately 15mm from the top edge and 10mm from the side/vertical edge of the right hand side of the ab plate. The 15mm male snap is positioned with the back side out. Camping snaps without text or patterns will look best.

OK, that's pretty accurate but I'm wondering if we can have a condensed version. I mean, we don't get this detailed in other parts.

How about simply

* 6 white solid cap rivets matching what was seen on screen mounted on the left side ab/kidney plates (3 on the ab, 3 on the kidney)

* Single male snap on the to right back corner edge of the ab plate

Then in the Tutorials we can get in to more detail as Tom describes.

OK, that's pretty accurate but I'm wondering if we can have a condensed version. I mean, we don't get this detailed in other parts.

How about simply

* 6 white solid cap rivets matching what was seen on screen mounted on the left side ab/kidney plates (3 on the ab, 3 on the kidney)

* Single male snap on the top right back corner edge of the ab plate

Then in the Tutorials we can get in to more detail as Tom describes.

I like the condensed version as you described, but I am one for detail, as you can well tell. The only things that I see that is lacking in the condensed version is the size of the rivets and snap and the direction the snap should face.

* 6 white solid cap rivets approximatley 3/8" (9mm) matching what was seen on screen mounted on the left side ab/kidney plates (3 on the ab, 3 on the kidney)

* Single male snap approximately 5/8" (15mm) facing inward on the top right back corner edge of the ab plate.

Here is something that I think would be helpful, but I don't know if you want to take the time. Adding a small visual beside each little description, instead of leaving it all at the bottom of the page of the CRL and EIB. I think it would help newcomers and wouldn't overwhelm anyone who is trying to get a grasp on each part.

One more point, since it seems more people are taking an interest in being screen accurate, is there ever going to be a chance that the rivets and snap that we have been talking about will be EI must have and not a should have and let the CRL stay like it is, a should have?

I know what I said above is probably opening a can of worms and people will be throwing rocks at me for suggesting it, especially the ones that already have their EIB that didn't do the rivets and snap. But they could be allowed time to update their suit or just "Grandfather" them in and make the requirement from a certain date forward.

The only reason I am saying this is the EI holds to a higher standard than the CRL.

Just my 2 cents.

I was out shopping at Lowes, Michaels, and Joann Faberic's today. In Joanne Faberic's I found a pack of 3

"Flowerly" buttons for $2.40. At Lowes I found Daisy Antique "Furniture Nails" for $1.24 for a pack of 25. I was thinking if they were close enough I was going to paint them "White" and glue them on top of the rivits.

Any opinions?

Andy

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 1/9/2011 at 2:36 PM, PGHtrooper21 said:

I was out shopping at Lowes, Michaels, and Joann Faberic's today. In Joanne Faberic's I found a pack of 3

"Flowerly" buttons for $2.40. At Lowes I found Daisy Antique "Furniture Nails" for $1.24 for a pack of 25. I was thinking if they were close enough I was going to paint them "White" and glue them on top of the rivits.

Any opinions?

Andy

Hey Andy, If you want my opinion, none of the above. They are all too large compared to the originals.

Have a look at this link:-----------Jack ( 1970si ) has found some rivets that are closer to the size and style of what you are looking for.

BTW, the original flower rivets are approximatley 3/8" (9mm). Hope it helps, good luck. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed