Looks like I'm TOO SKINNY for one manufacturer....HELP!

So tonight I placed an order with one of the vendors, but after I sent over my specs (5'10" and 125 LBS) he wrote back to me and said that his suits wouldn't fit. I'm really happy that he was honest about it, but now I am back on the hunt trying to get a hold of a vendor. Has anyone had this issue before, and if so can you PM me and let me know which vendor worked. I hate getting on here and asking this sort of question, but it seems i have a pretty skinny body for my height.......

The AM is sculpted larger than the FX. I've seen the FX look good on people your size, but it takes work.

Ā 

My former GCO, all of 5'6" and 116lbs in FX armor:

FWGwBSQ.jpg

Ā 

Probably 1/2 the plastic is on the floor, but he found a way to make it work.

Ā 

For ABS armor you have both T/MC & AP in ABS on the approved list for TE-derived armor. They'll lend themselves more to your build is probably what he's saying. And, yes the AM vendor on this board is very honest, so we're lucky there.

Waiting to hear back from TE2, AP, and T/MC..... I e-mailed them a few days ago so I'm going to wait and see what they say. The other AM vendor I spoke with said that his suit would work fine on me, I could make it work. He also said there are smaller kits but that means more $$$$$

I'm about the same hight and weight as you, or 177 cm and 61 Kg. I've got a TM that fits me nicely with some padding. But I think I need to trim the thighs some more. AM is really big compared to most other armors. But as the others said, there are alternatives for us smaller people.

AM and RT-Mod are going to be for larger size people. Most of the parts will have deeper draws to them and would need a lot of trimming/modifying for mainly your weight and still might not fit you as well. The original armor that was sculpted for and used in SW 4, 5 and 6 was scultped for an "average" size guy, about 5'10" or 177.8 cm and 160 lbs. or 11.43 stones. You're are spot on for the height. You are just a little under the weight for the size that the original armor was intended for.

Ā 

My advice is to get you some pizza and beer and chow down. I keed, I keed! :P:lol::P

Ā 

Here is a few that should be closer to your size.

Ā 

Made with ABS:

Ā 

TM - 0.080 ABS fan sculpt. Reputedly the most accurate fan sculpt. UK

Ā 

AP - 0.080 ABS, untrimmed, ANH derived. Canada

Ā 

T/MC - 0.090 ABS, untrimmed, ANH derived. USA

Ā 

Made with HIPS:

Ā 

TE2 - 0.090 HIPS, untrimmed, ANH derived. Hawaii, USA

Ā 

ATA - 0.090 HIPS, untrimmed, ANH derived. USA

Ā 

Some have said that ABS is harder to trim than HIPS, but it is really up to the individual as to how much time and effort they want ot put into it.

Ā 

Ā 

I wouldn't fret over which material that you get. There has been debates over which material Troopers like their armor made from. HIPS versus ABS has been debated like which brand of soda pop taste better, Pepsi or Coca Cola.

I'm 5'10" and 125lbs also.....I have an ATA kit an it fits very well, yes you will need to trim a bit more and possibly add some foam but it's nothing that can't be done :)

Ā 

I was hoping you would chime it Eric. I remember seeing your build posts and thinking if you were of similar build to our friend in need here. It can be done. :duim:

On 9/8/2010 at 9:51 PM, firebladejedi said:

AP, TE, TE2, ATA are all rotj derived as far as armour goes - only the helmet is ANH Ć¢ā‚¬Ā¦

Ā 

Ā 

To save time I just copied and pasted from here: ------------

Ā 

But, you are correct about the armor and lid. The Armor was cast off of an ROTJ suit and retro back to ANH armor, and the lids from combo/hybrid of Brian R's and Dave M's original helmets.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

AM and RT-Mod are going to be for larger size people. Most of the parts will have deeper draws to them and would need a lot of trimming/modifying for mainly your weight and still might not fit you as well. The original armor that was sculpted for and used in SW 4, 5 and 6 was scultped for an "average" size guy, about 5'10" or 177.8 cm and 160 lbs. or 11.43 stones. You're are spot on for the height. You are just a little under the weight for the size that the original armor was intended for.

Ā 

My advice is to get you some pizza and beer and chow down. I keed, I keed! :P:lol::P

Ā 

Here is a few that should be closer to your size.

Ā 

Made with ABS:

Ā 

TM - 0.080 ABS fan sculpt. Reputedly the most accurate fan sculpt. UK

Ā 

AP - 0.080 ABS, untrimmed, ANH derived. Canada

Ā 

T/MC - 0.090 ABS, untrimmed, ANH derived. USA

Ā 

Made with HIPS:

Ā 

TE2 - 0.090 HIPS, untrimmed, ANH derived. Hawaii, USA

Ā 

ATA - 0.090 HIPS, untrimmed, ANH derived. USA

Ā 

Some have said that ABS is harder to trim than HIPS, but it is really up to the individual as to how much time and effort they want ot put into it.

Ā 

Ā 

I wouldn't fret over which material that you get. There has been debates over which material Troopers like their armor made from. HIPS versus ABS has been debated like which brand of soda pop taste better, Pepsi or Coca Cola.

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, I've contacted just about every one of the vendors. Still waiting to hear back from 70% of them. As far as diet goes, well lets just say I eat just about anything I want and the weight doesn't change. I've been the same weight with a 3LBS difference since I was 15 :blink: (I'm 25 in November)

On 9/8/2010 at 10:57 PM, RogueTrooper said:

To save time I just copied and pasted from here:----------

Ā 

But, you are correct about the armor and lid. The Armor was cast off of an ROTJ suit and retro back to ANH armor, and the lids from combo/hybrid of Brian R's and Dave M's original helmets.

Ā 

Tom / Mark: thanks for pointing that out. I'll make a request to revise that armor info so that we have it right. Thanks! T.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 months later...

Agreed.

Ā 

Either you'll end up having to cut away a TON of plastic, or you'll be swimming in it. Better to get a kit that is more closely aligned with your proportions. It'll be less work in the end.