Looks like I'm TOO SKINNY for one manufacturer....HELP!

Congratz Matt, I think you will be very happy with AP. Post pix when you get the boxes!!!

I'm 5'11 (180cm) and 140lbs (70kg) and considering going for an AM since it's supposedly easy to build (and I don't have much space), but now I'm not so sure :-/

Tore, I think for your height and weight, you should go with one of the TE derived kits, like AP, ATA, TE2, Cap-w, etc...This kits are made for an average size person, (5'10" 160lbs).

Or TM's kit will work for your too!

I'm 5'11 (180cm) and 140lbs (70kg) and considering going for an AM since it's supposedly easy to build (and I don't have much space), but now I'm not so sure :-/

Tore, I think for your height and weight, you should go with one of the TE derived kits, like AP, ATA, TE2, Cap-w, etc...This kits are made for an average size person, (5'10" 160lbs).

Or TM's kit will work for your too!

Agreed! I'm even slimmer at about 176 cm and 62 Kg and the TM-kit fits me really well after some trimming. Highly recommended!

Edited by Locitus

Reading this has now made me a little worried. My suit is aparently 'FX' armor.

I'm 5'10" and about 10 stone 144lbs or 66KG.

I have no clue if it'll require trimming or not, I will have to wait till it comes back.

Another 'problem' is it's pre-trimmed and strapped.

Ugh. If only I found this place BEFORE I bought the armor.

Reading this has now made me a little worried. My suit is aparently 'FX' armor.

I'm 5'10" and about 10 stone 144lbs or 66KG.

I have no clue if it'll require trimming or not, I will have to wait till it comes back.

Another 'problem' is it's pre-trimmed and strapped.

Ugh. If only I found this place BEFORE I bought the armor.

I bet you will be able to modify your armour. I've read how people can add shims and make them blend in so they aren't noticable, and if you need to cut away parts, that might be even better than needing to add. You can do it!!! :) We have faith in you! :)

it's not that hard. You just need a ruler, preferably one in metal, a pair of good scissors or a sharp knife and some E-6000. And some guts. No guts, no glory ;)

Hey Tore, just for reference, but I am about 5'-10", 165 lbs. I had to do some fairly significant mods to the thighs to make them shape nicely to my thinner legs. Also, the ab plate was quite shallow, so even though I am not large I still had to add shims to the ab plate to close them with the kidney plate. This is my first build so I just wanted you to see that, indeed, you can do it even without any experience.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=14011&st=0

Thanks Robert, I'm looking into TM now - expensive, but the praise it's getting seems to make it worth it.

I should look for a water-proof suit, it rains a lot where I live (Bergen) :-D

If you have the funds, TM does seem to be the way to go.

Since no one else has said it...

You are one of the few that is built PERFECTLY for accurate TK armor.

A LOT of the ANH TK's were slender yet tall women. Because they couldn't get enough men that were tall enough, yet slender enough to fit in the suits.

FX and AM were made because most men don't fit into TK armor.

Why in the world you would even think of getting FX or AM is a bit odd.

• 12 years later...
On 9/7/2010 at 11:02 PM, Aftercrash said:

So tonight I placed an order with one of the vendors, but after I sent over my specs (5'10" and 125 LBS) he wrote back to me and said that his suits wouldn't fit. I'm really happy that he was honest about it, but now I am back on the hunt trying to get a hold of a vendor. Has anyone had this issue before, and if so can you PM me and let me know which vendor worked. I hate getting on here and asking this sort of question, but it seems i have a pretty skinny body for my height.......

I'm only 5/7 and 130 lbs. I'm in the same boat as you but way shorter. I don't know where to look

7 hours ago, JoshTrooper777 said:

I'm only 5/7 and 130 lbs. I'm in the same boat as you but way shorter. I don't know where to look

Posted info in your other thread