TM Replica ANH suit.

Karin

I would say that the original are as per Pete's and the rivets, on both the chest plate and ab side,

were added later as part of 'running repairs'

You've got to remember that some of this armour was used in both ANH and ESB so it would have

taken a hell of a lot of beating during and after filming B)

Strappingfixingpoints01.jpg

:)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick observation: the 3 strips of elastic seems to be riveted with 2 pop rivets each (instead of 1 jeans rivet) and insted of the cheast screws there seem to be pop rivets aswell

All the original fixings or fixing points are there Karin. Just as Billy says, this suit has been well used and repairs have been made. If you look closely, you can see the side snap is there in the left hand side top corner of the abdomen. This particular set of armour was featured in the 'Holiday Special'.

Outstanding work Pete!

Pete your suit looks amazing :)

Now let's see the inside ;)

A work of art! And I agree with Mark - -let's see the inside! And I'd kill to get a close up on the cod butt connection from inside and out and see what those anorak snaps you are using look like on the inside and out. I've got some Prym's that I may use, but not sure they are the exact size or right look. Are those vintage?

Truely FANTASTIC!!! Great job, especially in the details like the hook/eye closures on the back of the calves. I've believed that while the painting was very "auto parts store" the assembly was more to the tune of stage costumers/sewers, given the jeans rivets vs. the pop rivets, and of course, the hooks vs. velcro - as the armor was most likely assembled by the costumers' department. Really looks the part!

Simply stunning! :D

This what happens when you go away for a couple of days , armour and helmet are ANH accurate Pete , your work is truly unbelivable mate ,when i meet up with again please let me check it out more closly , Billy you lucky old sod managed to wear it B)

Pete,

That's outstanding! Your eye for detail is out of this world......Your are quite simply mad.....:lol:

You've set a new level of accuracy and Pauls work making that suit accurate really stands out too. :peace:

Edited by sskunky

Pete's suit looks stunning, even better in the flesh. I have also had the good fortune of trying it on and it is so light you hardly feel like you have it on. The paint job is awesome and really makes it look like a screen used suit.

Seeing the picture Joe posted ( thanks mate!) the elastic on the right side actually looks like it is six strips, three attached each side, and if that is the case are they likely to be Velcro?

It is amazing with the help of the people here in this community how the secrets are all slowly being uncovered, and it is largely down to the likes of Paul , Pete, Joe, Mark and of course all the staff here and many more helping us become better troopers. Totally upholding the ethos of this site, a big thanks to you all!

;)

Pete's suit looks stunning, even better in the flesh. I have also had the good fortune of trying it on and it is so light you hardly feel like you have it on. The paint job is awesome and really makes it look like a screen used suit.

Seeing the picture Joe posted ( thanks mate!) the elastic on the right side actually looks like it is six strips, three attached each side, and if that is the case are they likely to be Velcro?

It is amazing with the help of the people here in this community how the secrets are all slowly being uncovered, and it is largely down to the likes of Paul , Pete, Joe, Mark and of course all the staff here and many more helping us become better troopers. Totally upholding the ethos of this site, a big thanks to you all!

I Totaly echo that Gary bring on the 1mm TM ;)

These final shots are of the inner strapping which replicats how it was done in the costume workshop ready for filming.Many suits were modified through out the making of ANH and ESB with costume malfunctions ,wear and tear but this is how things started out.

4904720775_e33b6fb88d_b.jpg

4904719827_a8bd70a7a0_b.jpg

4904722643_9b99818121_b.jpg

4904721769_8f1ee2a358_b.jpg

4905313080_00001168d5_b.jpg

4905314944_0127d6a784_b.jpg

4904724251_f4bbd14c03_b.jpg

4768916485_818420c0b0_b.jpg

4769555940_227f90f72e_b.jpg

This project would not have been made posible without TMs quest to obtain a near perfect replica of the origonal ANH stormtrooper costume.(to date that is as it continues to evolve)

The suit TM 1mm ABS

Straps made by TM

suit construction along with painting weathering and fitting by myself.This was a real labour of love and for me it dosnt get any better than this.When it is on the suit acts just like the screen versions,with the chest plate cutting unto your neck,also flexing out,the biceps falling out of the shoulder bells plus the shin straps comming undone.Blumin fantastic.

I have trooped with the twice and have to report no issuses as far as construction or failures in the strapping.

"Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable.

However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable."

Lord Chesterfield

Pete

You make me want to cry mate,.....it just don't get no better than this clap2.gif

Beautiful armor Pete.

Love the vintage used look to it, great!!! TK weathering job bro :)

(i have not read all pages in your topic, if you have not post it, sorry i´m just in for a quick check).

1.Can you please post how you made the weathering.

2. Plus the HDPE cracks on the helmet.

3. Is the suit in 1,5 mm abs, or...

4. Its looks a bit different in the white shade, have you paint the armor whit, or is it just abs.

(i´m not 110% sure if the anh body armors was painted too, like the hdpe stunt helmets)

Cheers mate :)

(i have not read all pages in your topic, if you have not post it, sorry i´m just in for a quick check).

1.Can you please post how you made the weathering.

2. Plus the HDPE cracks on the helmet.

3. Is the suit in 1,5 mm abs, or...

4. Its looks a bit different in the white shade, have you paint the armor whit, or is it just abs.

(i´m not 110% sure if the anh body armors was painted too, like the hdpe stunt helmets)

Cheers mate :)

Ok this is for our lazy sandtrooper :P

1.The weathering has all been achieved by just using news paper.Some flat some screwed up.it works very well on the overall suit for some nice even grime.Worked a little harder on edges for knocks and scratches.heavey scratches with rubber trim.Slight and i mean slight yellowing with pastals here and there.

The Hdpe effect are real paint chips.prim the helmet with grey primer,use your Hdpe colour,then use masking fluid for your chips.I also added white glue for paint runs in some key areas at this stage.prim again with white primer,and finally the top coat.After 4 hours or so picked the masking fluid off to reveal the green/beige hdpe colour.

The suit is a very flexable type of ABS it has a beige colour to it raw.It is 1mm thick.

The suit has been painted,I really do not know if the originals were painted,some new pictures out suggest they are some do not.I had no doubt in my mind that this plastic would have to be painted as the raw ABS was way off from being white.

The weathering used on this suit would not have the same effect on raw plastic as it has on painted plastic.

Edited by stukatrooper