New Empire Strikes Back Armour Build

Awesome! So Peter, Paul and ....you (not "Mary) have the first true replicas ;) Congratulations.

This strapping system looks a lot easier and cheaper.

BTW: shouldn't the label read "Wayne" instead of "Mark" ? (j/K)

Karin

8fa2ba47.jpg

Edited by Sonnenschein

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what to get you for Christmas now,....some nice little name tags for your socks and paints...

just to keep the theme going :D

This build is PURE CLASS as always mate B)

I know what to get you for Christmas now,....some nice little name tags for your socks and paints...

just to keep the theme going :D

This build is PURE CLASS as always mate B)

Talk about put your mark on this screen acurate armour ;)

Very untidy trimming on the right eye. That's just plain shoddy, mate. Should be ashamed of yourself! :D;):P

* Goes off, green with envy to count pennies to see how much he needs to save for new set of TM armour *

Oh Mark, you should be totally ashamed of that suit, Mate! :rolleyes: I think you should send the whole TM suit to me, so you won't be burdened with the shame... I keed! I keed! :P:lol:

All kidding aside, awesome job and an awesome suit :duim: With the two factors in this you would expect nothing less. Can't wait to ya suited up in it.

Ok i have completed the back of the torso build, i will be working on the front and sides soon. Still need to source a canvas belt and then i will add the snaps for the belt at the front.

But for now, take a look at the internal strapping as was seen on the original stormtroopers back in 1977 :shock:

SDC13706.jpg

SDC13705.jpg

SDC13704.jpg

SDC13703.jpg

SDC13702.jpg

SDC13701.jpg

SDC13700.jpg

SDC13699.jpg

SDC13698.jpg

SDC13697.jpg

sure would like to see the printout on the screws, wires, rivets and snaps.

then it would be nice to see strapping kits with these little wires?

can you give us the stats, and suppliers numbers to start ordering parts?

If i can jump in here Mark,

The idea is to start with a high gloss base,to reflect light,and then to add the weathering over that.This will take the gloss off in areas not all for a more natural look of wear and tear.If it was made to look used from the start the effect would look false.Marks helmet could have been given the paint chips over the white after it was painted,but went for full on paint chips with layers of paint finishing with the gloss white.The final suit will have a real used patina to it.

Patina being the right word to use as its definition being n. film formed on exposed surface, etc., any such sign of mellowing or old age.

There is one last modellers trick up our sleeves which i will let mark tell about in hes showcase.

Edited by stukatrooper

Next on the list are; canvas belt, drop boxes, thermal detonator, adding the thigh power pack, gloves and hand plates and then final weathering and making this suit look like it came from the film set ....

But all that will have to wait as I'm off on holiday for week starting today :)

Edited by firebladejedi

sure would like to see the printout on the screws, wires, rivets and snaps.

then it would be nice to see strapping kits with these little wires?

can you give us the stats, and suppliers numbers to start ordering parts?

I'm with Vern on this... would love to be able to order a "strapping kit" with all the snaps, screws, wires and straps from someone! Buying all that stuff is a hassle in Albuquerque (for some reason.)

And this is (a stupid question) the accurate way to do an ESB suit?! It's the first time I've seen anything like this with the strapping on the little wires and screws. Is this how a TM assembled suit comes?!

Is it frowned upon to just glue in the straps like you did on the biceps?!

AND... are the biceps ever "under" the shoulder bells?

In my research and reference photos it seems they're always below the bells on ESB.

I'm with Vern on this... would love to be able to order a "strapping kit" with all the snaps, screws, wires and straps from someone! Buying all that stuff is a hassle in Albuquerque (for some reason.)

And this is (a stupid question) the accurate way to do an ESB suit?! It's the first time I've seen anything like this with the strapping on the little wires and screws. Is this how a TM assembled suit comes?!

Is it frowned upon to just glue in the straps like you did on the biceps?!

AND... are the biceps ever "under" the shoulder bells?

In my research and reference photos it seems they're always below the bells on ESB.

I have not yet finished my strapping, this reflects the way the ANH strapping was done, and as we know the ESB suits were reused again. My suit will be a representation on a reused well worn ESB suit, so stay tuned...

I have not yet finished my strapping, this reflects the way the ANH strapping was done, and as we know the ESB suits were reused again. My suit will be a representation on a reused well worn ESB suit, so stay tuned...

Got it. B)

Great build Mark. I'll be watching this with great interest as I've just started my ESB build too. Love the thigh connection pics. So helpful. I always wondered about those connections (hidden little screw heads) on the internals and kidney pieces. Makes total sense now too.