New Empire Strikes Back Armour Build

Ok for the last couple of weeks I've been working on a new more accurate ESB build. This will be as close to the originals as I can manage. I have most of the arms and legs built so will be finishing the rest of the armour this week.

Here is how the armour was after 5 hours of trimming..

672b68bf.jpg

I had help building the lid from StukaTrooper and here it is. This is the best looking helmet I've had yet..

a5f765af.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok for the last couple of weeks I've been working on a new more accurate ESB build. This will be as close to the originals as I can manage. I have most of the arms and legs built so will be finishing the rest of the armour this week.

Here is how the armour was after 5 hours of trimming..

672b68bf.jpg

I had help building the lid from StukaTrooper and here it is. This is the best looking helmet I've had yet..

a5f765af.jpg

You lucky chapey nice one mark well looking forward to this , is the armour Pauls 1 mm abs, by the way the lid looks well sharp mate. B)

Hey Steven this is the 1.5mm abs :)

i like :D , Mark is the armour painted or are you going to paint it , and then age it up ;) , i like old school , Pete done a fantastic job on your lid, and i do love his 1mm abs anh kit all weatherd , so we have one very screen accurate ANH Trooper and to follow one very sreen accurate ESB Trooper cant wait to see more pics mate keep them comming ;)

Hi David being 1.5 the shoulder bridges are nice and flexible so I just held them in place and ran abs weld around the edges :)

The paint also helps to fill the gap to look super smooth..

Excellent work there Mark!

Better get myself down to Halfords for more paint ;)

okay, I'll ask: Do you paint an ABS kit, because the original ones have been painted during restauration aswell? If so, that would be a fact which is rather unknown ;)

Karin

Ok biceps, shins and thighs have their strapping glued in. I have also added the hovi mic tips, ears are painted and screwed on, neck trim and elastic chin strap fitted :)

fb0405e1.jpg

0b271d88.jpg

fd5749cf.jpg

7021bdf2.jpg

045bd093.jpg

8fa2ba47.jpg

cdb2f4b0.jpg

Ok so i have now completed my new Empire Strikes Back stormtrooper helmet. This is the best replica helmet i have built yet, and am very pleased with the results.

Sorry about the sometimes crappy pictures but the weather here is really bad at the moment, more decent pictures to follow later.

Ok this helmet has had 4 coats of paint, grey primer, a green for the hdpe effect; inside and out, white primer and then white gloss. It has plenty of chipped paint, a little glue here and there and i will be weathering this very soon.

The helmet is finished using Keith's hovi mic tips, flat green lens, TK 4510 decals and the inside has the star shaped foam liner and elastic chin strap :)

I would like to thank Paul and Pete for their continued support in my ongoing project to have the closest prop replica's.

DSCF3688.jpg

DSCF3687.jpg

DSCF3685.jpg

DSCF3678.jpg

DSCF3677.jpg

DSCF3675.jpg

DSCF3674.jpg

DSCF3672.jpg

DSCF3671.jpg

DSCF3669.jpg