AP ANH armor progress

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daetrin,

How do you have your shoulder bells/biceps connected?

Thanks,

Curtis

My biceps float. Yeah, I know most people connect them via a strap to the shoulder bell but I just haven't gotten around to them. They're supposed to fall low anyway, so it doesn't seem to add much. The main trick for me was adding foam to keep them from rotating.

The bells are connected via a short strap to the fabric straps connecting the chest/back. Sorry I can't post pix - my camera is FUBAR'd.

Hey Troops,

I've completed my canvas belt that I received from firebladejedi and followed his tutorial and it turned out good. This is a great belt and a fun project to complete. here is the link:

Canvas Utility Belt

I only used a couple of different things. Black 1 inch nylon straps for the amo pouches and I used a leather hole punch to make all of the holes in the belt except the holes in the part of the belt with the extra piece of ABS for the holster. I used a drill for that and then I took the souldering iron and poked it through the holes to make sure they don't frey(carefully). The best part of this belt is the ability to take everything apart for easy storage/transportation.

Here are some pics of the Canvas belt project.

stormtrooper148.jpg

stormtrooper164.jpg

stormtrooper153.jpg

stormtrooper154.jpg

stormtrooper174.jpg

stormtrooper168.jpg

stormtrooper167.jpg

stormtrooper170.jpg

Till next time,

Curtis :D

Hey Curtis i have just been catching up on your progress.

You have done a great job with your belt and im glad you are happy with it and that you found my way of puttin git all together helpful, it looks great :duim:

And i think the way you have finished the ab and back plate is fantastic, it really has a screen used look about it, very nice... your armour is going to be very impressive :salute:

Hey Troops,

I thought I would share the last part of my armor (minus helmet) the thermal detonator. I found paint to match my decals at the local Hobby store, Tamiya aircraft: Ocean Grey. I taped off the area where I was going to glue the faceplate onto and put three coats of this paint on the PVC.

I used Devcon Plastic Welder to glue the faceplate on and then bent some money clips I found at the local Office supply store around it and taped them in place. Then drilled four 1/8 holes and peeled back the tape and put 1/8 rivets in them and that was all. Very easy mod :D

I haven't decided about the end pieces though, they do fit tight but they might pop off during a Troop.

Suggestions welcome

I've started on my helmet, so stay tuned for more to come.

stormtrooper256.jpg

stormtrooper260.jpg

stormtrooper257.jpg

stormtrooper263.jpg

stormtrooper264.jpg

stormtrooper268.jpg

Till next time,

Hey Troops,

I've completed my ab/back piece today. It fits snug and doesn't move at all and its not uncomfortable. It doesn't seem like I need suspenders, but I will of course add them.

First I took 6 pieces of 2 X 4 black elastic and glued them to the back/butt piece with E6000 and them taped them down over night.

stormtrooper178.jpg

I used 1 (2 X 6 black elastic) glued with E6000 & riveted with 6 rivets, 2 (2 X 3 black elastic) one side glued with E6000 and the other end each with 2 snaps. All the female snaps on abs were glued with plastic welder.

stormtrooper188.jpg

stormtrooper186.jpg

stormtrooper189.jpg

stormtrooper190.jpg

stormtrooper193.jpg

The ab buttons are blue and grey... They look darker with my camera.

stormtrooper197.jpg

stormtrooper198.jpg

stormtrooper199.jpg

stormtrooper201.jpg

till next time,

WOW!, its really amazing how a casting of ROTJ Armor can be modded so nicely into an ANH :D

Great Job! :salute:

Hey Troops,

I thought I would give you a few teaser pics of my helmet kit since it will take me a couple of weeks to finish it and post that process. I'm going to make a Stunt helmet.

I threw away the almost clear green film that came with the kit and found some thick green lenses on the big auction house. Also I'm going to install the awesome Hovi's w/speakers I got from Stomper into my Skullwork kit. Last the batting helmet liner out of a Wilson batting helmet from Wally World.

stormtrooper243.jpg

stormtrooper239.jpg

stormtrooper206.jpg

stormtrooper205.jpg

Stay tuned for more,

Curtis Curtis....you are the leader of the pack.

When are you coming to england to help me???

..JFYI

here's today's menu

Chef's lasagne

Chicken salsa burger

Steamed BRocoli

Homemade tomato soup

Banana nut loaf

Jam scones

:P

Curtis Curtis....you are the leader of the pack.

When are you coming to england to help me???

..JFYI

here's today's menu

Chef's lasagne

Chicken salsa burger

Steamed BRocoli

Homemade tomato soup

Banana nut loaf

Jam scones

Thanks Chef!

And thanks for making me hungry :D

Curtis

:P

yeah! great! update again!

looking forward helmet building progress!

you are leader of AP suit as chef said no doubt!

Thanks Even,

I'm no leader, I should be done by now :6: But I am very happy with the results :peace:

I've finished trimming the ears, eyes and frown and will attempt to paint this weekend.

I just got an AP kit so will be viewing this thread from time to time if you don’t mind.

I’ll have to check out those guide lines. Last night was making sure that I had all the pieces, the delivery guys did a number on the box :/

Thanks for posting the link to those videos =)

Work is blocking your pictures d’oh, I’ll have to view them from home

Hey troops,

As I am working on my helmet, I wanted to share some pics of my armor. Sorry a couple of them are blurry, I will take some better ones when I finish my helmet.

Thanks again to everyone :D

Curtis

stormtrooper288.jpg

stormtrooper289.jpg

stormtrooper293.jpg

stormtrooper295.jpg

stormtrooper294.jpg

Wow your armor looks fabulous!!!

Is there a good alternative for Plastic Welder?

Walmart here does not carry it nor do the hardware stores that I have been to.

Before I put this baby together I want to use something that will do the job properly :)

Wow your armor looks fabulous!!!

Is there a good alternative for Plastic Welder?

Walmart here does not carry it nor do the hardware stores that I have been to.

Before I put this baby together I want to use something that will do the job properly :)

E6000 is the next best thing (but I still prefer plastic welder), or wait till you come back over the bridge to troop. :D

E6000 is the next best thing (but I still prefer plastic welder), or wait till you come back over the bridge to troop. :D

Looks great! Where do you get this 'E6000' and does it dry clear? I like the method of gluing elastic to the plastic for certain connections. I would like it even better if it actually dries clear. I hear that you can still pull the elastic of strapping free (albeit with a lot of effort) when using Devcon plastic welder. The only drawback is the not-so-attractive color it dries as. If the E6000 functions the same but clear, I may want to try that. Please let me know!! :)

Looks great! Where do you get this 'E6000' and does it dry clear? I like the method of gluing elastic to the plastic for certain connections. I would like it even better if it actually dries clear. I hear that you can still pull the elastic of strapping free (albeit with a lot of effort) when using Devcon plastic welder. The only drawback is the not-so-attractive color it dries as. If the E6000 functions the same but clear, I may want to try that. Please let me know!! :)

You can get the E6000 at a craft store and yes it does dry clear. I only used it to secure elastic strips, cause it seems like it can be removed if the straps wear out. Its kind of like industrial strength rubber cement except clear.

Hope that helps,

very, very cool. Can i ask please what is the holster? did you make it yourself

Thank you,

I got my holster from a fellow TK and he got it from AP.

But these holsters are nice to.

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=444

You can get E6000 at Home Depot, Lowe's, or most home improvement store. It's contact cement, which means you put it on both surfaces, wait, and then stick them together. When it cures it remains soft, but holds well when I've used it.

I've never used it on my armor but the few times I did (years and years ago) I think it dried clear. Maybe one of the HIPS armor guys will chime in since it's their glue of choice.

e6000_industrial.gif

Awesome stuff, its got a stink to it but it holds armour together very well. i wouldnt use it to glue anything into your lid though as the fumes last way after it's cured and may cause you to spew while trooping (i'm speaking from experience here)

Very sharp Curtis!!!!

Thanks MD,

I'm finishing up the paint on the helmet today and then put the mouth screen and lenses in.

Decals, screws and trim tomorrow.