AP ANH armor progress

Hey Troops,

All of my armor has been put together from using this forum and getting my ideas from all the different methods you guys use and also Dave's Videos.

Without WhiteArmor.net it might take me a lot longer and my armor might not come out as wearable and sturdy as it is.

Thanks,

You guys ROCK! :duim:

Curtis

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curtis, tHat my friend is amazing stuff you have done there, you should make a video of how to put the armor on in the quickest most efficient way. Its one thing thats never been posted up before....unless dave has done that yet?.

cheers for posting the updates mate

Curtis, tHat my friend is amazing stuff you have done there, you should make a video of how to put the armor on in the quickest most efficient way. Its one thing thats never been posted up before....unless dave has done that yet?.

cheers for posting the updates mate

Thanks Chef,

I would if I had a video camera.

I think your idea of Dave making a video about the steps to putting on your armor Would be great.

Come on Dave make us a video! please... :peace:

I'm trying to finish my armor so I can get 501st approved with my TK-4261 # so I could go to the Loma Linda Children's Hospital here in Southern Calif. at the end of August. I live only 20 minutes from this event and it would be nice to make a lot of children smile on my first troop.

So if there is anyone going to this event and lives near my area could you please PM me about our local Garrison so I could get approved. I should be done by the middle of August and have all my pics also.

I want access to the off limit forums :D

I'm also hoping to get Deployment Status on my first try :salute:

Curtis

Thanks Chef,

I would if I had a video camera.

I think your idea of Dave making a video about the steps to putting on your armor Would be great.

Come on Dave make us a video! please... :peace:

I'm trying to finish my armor so I can get 501st approved with my TK-4261 # so I could go to the Loma Linda Children's Hospital here in Southern Calif. at the end of August. I live only 20 minutes from this event and it would be nice to make a lot of children smile on my first troop.

So if there is anyone going to this event and lives near my area could you please PM me about our local Garrison so I could get approved. I should be done by the middle of August and have all my pics also.

I want access to the off limit forums :D

I'm also hoping to get Deployment Status on my first try :salute:

Curtis

Oh yeah Dave should make a video....Lol!

To be honest your armor is much better than mine! Thats no joke...

Great job and pictures, I think people need both video and photographs to help produce good armor, you have done what I have not with the pictures keep them coming.

Thanks

Dave TK-6044

Hey Troops,

I've finished my Upper armor today and it fits like a glove. Almost completed the armor, I might have to change the elastic on my shoulder bells and biceps to a stronger version and fit some foam in the thighs.

Other than that I'm finished and then on to the helmet.

For the chest and back pieces I used a method a found from TK-MD.

Then just added snaps to the inside of my armor with plastic welder.

I also used TK-300's site (Tony Barnett) for reference, which he has updated and it looks very nice.....

http://www.tonybarnett.plus.com/

Here are some pics of todays project....

stormtrooper219.jpg

stormtrooper221.jpg

stormtrooper223.jpg

stormtrooper228.jpg

stormtrooper210.jpg

stormtrooper226.jpg

stormtrooper212.jpg

Till next time,

Curtis :D

That my friend is a thing of beauty.

I would be as proud as punch if i had got my armor to that standard.

You should give yourself a pat on the back.

I still think dave should do a video, dont you???

:lol:

Thanks for posting mate

That my friend is a thing of beauty.

I would be as proud as punch if i had got my armor to that standard.

You should give yourself a pat on the back.

I still think dave should do a video, dont you???

:lol:

Thanks for posting mate

Thank you for your kind words Chef,

Wow - I love the idea of how you joined the kidney/ab plate. This tutorial could easily apply to TE armor as well. Once you're done - would it be OK to trim out the comments and pin this as a HOWTO thread?

Wow - I love the idea of how you joined the kidney/ab plate. This tutorial could easily apply to TE armor as well. Once you're done - would it be OK to trim out the comments and pin this as a HOWTO thread?

Of course it would be OK.

Thanks,

Curtis bloody nice job mate!

How can I get you to make me a armor set like that.

It just sick!

:salute:

Dave

Thanks Dave, I would put one together for you if you came down here and helped me..Lol

very nice work there. very neat and well thought out. i've put together three AP kits now and each one is an improvement but being this is your first it's awesome.

one small thing i reckon you could change is the extra popper at the bottom of the shoulder bell for tthe bicep piece. you wont need it buddy. if the elastic/webbing is one strip with a popper at the top of the bell and one at the bottom for the bicep peice that should be fine. i only say this as i had done the very same thing and i found that the bicep when pushed up from holding the gun up for example it also pushed the shoulder bell up as well. looked funny in my clearence photos and i couldnt work out why until i re did all my strapping and realised what was happening. the bicep needs to be able to move up and down a wee bit. does that make sense?

does that make sense?

Sure does. I don't attach my biceps to the shoulder bells at all due to them pulling down the bells. I like the shoulder bells to be free floating so what I do is I make a doubled up strap for the shoulder bells and biceps. I do this by simply putting a snap through two straps, one short one for the bells and a longer one for the biceps. Each end has a snap and that pops onto the inner shoulder strap from between the chest and back panel.

Does that make sense? :P

Fantastic job Curtis, this should definately be a sticky :)

Sure does. I don't attach my biceps to the shoulder bells at all due to them pulling down the bells. I like the shoulder bells to be free floating so what I do is I make a doubled up strap for the shoulder bells and biceps. I do this by simply putting a snap through two straps, one short one for the bells and a longer one for the biceps. Each end has a snap and that pops onto the inner shoulder strap from between the chest and back panel.

Does that make sense? :P

Fantastic job Curtis, this should definitely be a sticky :)

Thanks Paul,

That sounds like a better idea to me, cause I haven't yet put everything on and moved around a lot or pointed my gun around. Yes I see how I can have that problem of pulling down my shoulder bells. With the two straps does that still alleviate the need for the strap from the bottom of the shoulder bell around the bicep?

Thanks for your comments Paul,

If you want to you can sponsor me with one of your awesome armors and I could turn my AP TK into an AP TD! Lol..... :D

Curtis

Wow - I love the idea of how you joined the kidney/ab plate.

I do too. It's beautiful...and inspiring! Unfortunately for me I took my ad and kidney pcs today and put them around my lower-back and belly and I have a good 2-3 inches on both sides where black will be showing through. I imagine this is quite common for the 30+ somethings. :P Gonna have to find a way to work on that. Anyone who has some tips on that please PM me with some advice or a good link.

jt :)

...around my lower-back and belly and I have a good 2-3 inches on both sides where black will be showing through. I imagine this is quite common for the 30+ somethings. :P

Inches or years? I think the TE2/AP should be fine up to a 34" waist w/o the need for shimming (I'm 32" and had to cut material away). As for years...age does not equate to the size of one's middle, thankyouverymuch (from someone staring at 40).

Inches or years? I think the TE2/AP should be fine up to a 34" waist w/o the need for shimming (I'm 32" and had to cut material away). As for years...age does not equate to the size of one's middle, thankyouverymuch (from someone staring at 40).

I used to have a 32" waist but now I am a 34" :( Is it even necessary to close the sides with elastic/strapping, etc. if you have a suspender-type system as well as strapping connecting the but and cod? The belt should also help keep things in place I would think. Sigh. More research to do :( ....Trooper research :)

WOW wish your thread was up and running while i was build ing mine!!!!!! looks awesome!!!!

This is a fantastic thread, very informative. I have one question and its probably a dumb one but I'm gonna ask it anyway... What is a plactic weilder and how does it work ??? :blink:

Its a form of ABS glue.It is very liquid ,i press the two parts together then run the glue round the edges with a small brush loaded with the weld solution.It runs round the joint 10 seconds and you have a rock solid weld.Meaning the two surfaces have become one by melting them together.

c66e_1_b.JPG

Its a form of ABS glue.It is very liquid ,i press the two parts together then run the glue round the edges with a small brush loaded with the weld solution.It runs round the joint 10 seconds and you have a rock solid weld.Meaning the two surfaces have become one by melting them together.

c66e_1_b.JPG

I've never seen that... very interesting.... Does it dry clear?

I use Devcon Plastic Welder, its a two part epoxy just for plastic. It works similar two ABS cement but it cures within 15 minutes so you don't have to wait 24 hours. It dries to a cream color so you have to make sure you don't get any on the outside of your armor. With the plastic welder your a lot less likely to damage your armor cause it doesn't get as hot as ABS cement.

That liquid welder is interesting though, has anyone else used that stuff?

this stuff melts the two sufaces together,it is a little thicker than water ,so what you do is hold the two parts of ABS together use a small brush loaded with the stuff and apply round the join.As it is like water it runs round the join and 10 seconds later you have a purfect finish.It drys almost as soon as you put it on,almost evaporates leaves no colour nothing to say you were there.

DO NOT LOAD YOUR SMALL BRUSH TO MUCH<IT WILL RUN PAST THE JOINS AND IF YOUR FINGER GETS IN THE WAY OF THE RUN IT WILL LEAVE A FINGER PRINT.

Just try it on some scrap first.

Its all over eBay.ABS GLUE or weld.