AP ANH armor progress

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the pic below, there are three large "tabs" or "buttons" on the right side of the mold. Does anyone know what they are for? Where do they go on the armor?

Ā 

dsc01413jv0.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

They go on the belt. 1 in the middle and 1 at each end.

Ā 

Ā 

Curtis :D

Curtis,

did you separate the ab plate from the cod (or is crotch) plate? They come as one piece but it really impacts your mobility, particularly if you have to pick things up off of the ground. Do most people separate this piece into two pieces? I think FX might come in 2 pieces already?

All TK armor has a solid ab plate, and it was one piece in the movies. People cut it as a mod. I wonder if it has to do with height? I cut it on my FX and it didn't make any difference. I left my TE2 alone (uncut), and don't really have this issue either.

Ā 

But for others it makes a noticeable difference - it seems it's quite individual.

Hey Troops,

I've finally got around to installing my electronics in my helmet. I had to do my first couple of troops without it, cause it took me a while to figure out how to fit it in there. It is still a tight fit when putting it on, but when its on it is very comfortable.

Ā 

Here are a few pics,

Ā 

armor118.jpg

armor119.jpg

armor121.jpg

Ā 

Hey Troops,

I've finally got around to installing my electronics in my helmet. I had to do my first couple of troops without it, cause it took me a while to figure out how to fit it in there. It is still a tight fit when putting it on, but when its on it is very comfortable.

Ā 

Here are a few pics,

Ā 

armor118.jpg

armor119.jpg

armor121.jpg

Ā 

lookin good as ussual Curtis :) , thats my next project, fixing my liner in my old AP helmet :unsure:

Looks much better than mine =;-0 What did you end up using for the liner?

Ā 

I ended up using the batting helmet liner, I just cut a few pieces off of it and it fit perfect. Its great cause I used velcro to keep it in place and when it gets old I can just pop in a new one.

I just need to fit the extra pieces of foam and cover the screws on the inside.

Ā 

stormtrooper206.jpg

stormtrooper205.jpg

armor119.jpg

Ā 

Curtis,

How about posting a few pics of how you secured your thigh pieces. In one pic I see a strap hanging down so I'm guessing that was at least one attachment point. How many and in what locations did you add straps to hold the thighs in place? That is the last pieces I need to add to my armor. I think mine will need a lot of trimming to fit my short legs.

This is good looking interior! Is that skullworx? I was thinking skullworx for my dome but I ended up prepaying for a TCI cuz static burst rox my sox. What are you using for static burst? Im prolly going trikstik for helmet numero dos.

• 2 weeks later...

Curtis -- the kit looks AWESOME!!

Ā 

You and BigTurc have been invaluable resources for me while I've been putting together my AP helmet! I've been assembling my helmet in front of my computer, with your photos on one of my monitors, and Al's on the other. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Ā 

I do have a question though--

Ā 

I bought the same batting helmet and removed the liner, and it seems like it's going to be an *awfully* tight fit.

Did you end up removing any material from the liner, or did you manage to fit the whole thing?

Ā 

I'll play around with it a bit more, but if you have any tips, I'd love to hear 'em.

Ā 

Again-- fantastic job with your suit. It looks bada$$!

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT -- Haha! I just realized that you flipped the liner around backwards. (Duh!) Just did the same thing in my bucket. Works great! Thanks for the idea! :lol:

Very impressive Curtis

Ā 

Where would I get a liner like the one you are using please?

Ā 

Hey Paul-- I found the exact same liner at a Sporting goods store here in Colorado.

You're looking for a Wilson Youth-Size batting helmet.

Ā 

After searching around online for bit before heading out, it seems like they're readily available, at least in the states.

Ā 

If you have trouble finding one in the UK, just shoot me a PM.

I'd be happy to run to the store for you and ship it over.

Ā 

Just lemme know.

I went to numerous large sporting goods stores in Seattle and no one sells the helmet liners. If anyone in the SEA area knows a store that sells them, let me know.

Ā 

If you're not picky about used sportsgear, try some of the local consignment shops where you can pick up a used batters helmet. Most are youth sized and super cheap. You could then just remove the liner and trim it to your own specs after cleaning. I know there's one store near Thrasher's Corner in Bothell that always seems to carry a few (once I come up with the name, I'll post it) You may also try Value Village. Its better than paying full price for something you only need a part of imo.

I went to numerous large sporting goods stores in Seattle and no one sells the helmet liners. If anyone in the SEA area knows a store that sells them, let me know.

Ā 

Were you looking for the liner on it's own, or the entire helmet?

I had to get the whole helmet, and then pull the liner out.

Ā 

I got mine at Sports Authority in Denver-- and I believe they sell them nationally online.

Ā 

Here's some sources:

http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Adjustable-Me...4391&sr=8-2 -- $29.99

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ind...rentPage=search -- $19.99

Ā 

And I just found one on eBay with a BIN price of 9 bucks! Just do a search for "Wilson Batting Helmet" and look for the adjustable youth size.

Ā 

Hope that helps!

If you're not picky about used sportsgear, try some of the local consignment shops where you can pick up a used batters helmet. Most are youth sized and super cheap. You could then just remove the liner and trim it to your own specs after cleaning. I know there's one store near Thrasher's Corner in Bothell that always seems to carry a few (once I come up with the name, I'll post it) You may also try Value Village. Its better than paying full price for something you only need a part of imo.

Ā 

Store in Bothell is called:

Ā 

Helping Hands Thrift Store

19213 Bothell Everett Hwy

Bothell, WA 98012

(425) 481-6682

Ā 

If you ever go TD, I got some of my scratch parts for my pack there too.

Sorry 4261 for the hijack. Back OT.

• 3 months later...

Hey Troops,

Sorry I haven't been on in a few months, due to work. Now I have more time to spend on the forums again. Plus I missed you guys... :( ... Lol...

I'm getting ready for Comic Com in a few months and I hope to see some of you there. I might build a Tie Pilot suit for Comic Con. so one day I could be a TK and the other day a TI. They say it is much more comfortable than a TK and There aren't that many TI's in Southern Calif.

Ā 

WizardCon004-1.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Fantastic job on your AP kit! It fits you perfectly and looks great. :)

Ā 

I don't think my AP will look that good on me when its finished, seeing as I'm a bit tall for ANH armor, but if it turns out 3/4 as good as yours did I'll be happy. I could have said half as good, but I like to aim high. B)