All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi Allen and welcome aboard future Trooper! Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members. Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here. In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion). I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after. If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use. Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible. All the best on your TK journey!
  3. Hi Eric and welcome aboard future Trooper! Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members. Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here. In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion). I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after. If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use. Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible. All the best on your TK journey!
  4. Hi William and welcome aboard future Trooper! Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members. Buckets stay on is usually the mandate. Your voice can be heard while wearing your kit, and voice amps are available for additional volume & effect. Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here. In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion). I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after. If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use. Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible. All the best on your TK journey!
  5. Hi Chris and welcome aboard future Trooper! Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members. Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here. In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion). I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after. If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use. Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible. All the best on your TK journey!
  6. Gemini Masterpiece odorless mineral spirits. Plain paper towel let it sit for only 3-5 seconds ...then with decent pressure and finger tips rub hard took me under 3 min to clean it all off ...now this was directly on ABS no primer and only sat for about a month. Looking over the area very small micro scratches but after new paint is on and a good polish will never see it
  7. Looks great so far! It's hard to tell the fit from "selfie pose" in the mirror though; when you have your undersuit and all together, I'd suggest trying to get someone else to snap some pics, or setting up a tripod Awesome to see another commander!
  8. Today
  9. BBBs are starting to arrive... 1 out of 4 so far... BIG THINGS are in the works, guys... big things... XD
  10. Sounds good thank you so much! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. And some people thought Death Trooper armor was expensive... LOL
  12. Welcome aboard! Looking forward to a new member of the Cult of the White Armor! LOL
  13. Thank you for the compliment. Hopefully those other plastics have another way to erase a seam (ABS paste is just one of many possibilities... the goal is erase the seam, not specifically to use ABS paste or bust), otherwise larger troopers who aspire to L3 might want to consider a different kind of armor that either fits them without need for a shim, or which is easier to alter to L3 requirements.
  14. Troopermaster, Walt’s Trooper Factory, AM (I believe?) all sell lens kits separately but I would double-check with them, or you can source dark green acrylic and cut it yourself.
  15. Im on vacation starting tomorrow so hoping to get it knocked out by the end of next week! Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
  16. Where could I get some lenses that would work? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Thank you guys! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. I know I've been quiet on here for a while but still working away. I finally got a method of painting that I am satisfied with and I think the results turned out pretty good. Finally after about 10 attempts, I was able to get the helmet painted and clear coated without some bug or other airborne debris landing on it. I'm not overly thrilled about my lines from the black, but it will do for now. My method was 2 coats primer, wet sand with 400 grit, 2 coats gloss white, 2 coats gloss clear. After about a week I wet sanded with 2000 grit (firm but careful not to go through clear coat), then buffed with Meguiar's Polishing Compound, and finally waxed with Meguiars Cleaner Wax.
  19. i can't wait to see the finished product the kit is really coming together
  20. Belt and thermal detonator. Belt made of cordura, 4 rivets of 8mm head on each side, 25mm from plastic belt border, same from thermal detonator border, 15mm from belt border. 6cm wide. Only 2 buttons on the plastic belt. Thermal detonator made as ingame panel style, 18,4cm total lenght, 25mm wide aluminium belt clips Tonight I will be posting the rest of the pieces, time to work! Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  21. Abdominal and kidney+but plate now. The 8 split rivets are there, 20mm from side edge, 25mm from the top edge, and same from the belt border place. 5 buttons hand thermoformed on the side, the upper side button is over the higher button from the central piece. All buttons practically same size, but and kidney made one solid piece, wielded with abs cement. No snap visible on at crotch. Attached by 2 elastics on each side and suspenders, right now they are rigid, they will be changed for elastic suspenders. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  22. Thanks! I think I'm finally feeling confident with my cuts. Here's where I got the E-11 prints. I only had to modify 2 parts to fit my 6x6x6 printing area. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:957801/
  23. Next part, chest and pack armor pieces. Shoulder bridges attached with strong velcro, I will put a elastic between chest and back on the sides, making it just like Rotj movies. Upper armor "floating free", and arms attached to shoulder bridges. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  24. The photos are a little dark, so you can see the work on the paint and weathering, with full light it makes whiter and lose a little of the weathering look. Sorry if I say something that sounds weird, English is not my mother tongue, but I'm trying to improve on it. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  25. As my objective is going for centurion level, I have made the armor with all the details straight to centurion level. First, the helmet. All hand painted, a couple of things I used a template, other parts full free hand painted. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity