R1TK build by TK-12953 for DS-32076 850 Armorworks

Greeting all!

I'm about to start down this road. I was gifted a 850 armor works R1TK, minus the helmet. My son and I are planning to build it for my Wife (DS-32076), she currently only has a Mara Jade that she wears, but she is jealous of al the attention that Jarod and I get, so she wants to be a TK too! With her disabilities, our local Garrison Armor and GML both suggested the R1 style might be better for her as it maybe a bit easier to customize for her conditions.  We plan to build it standard, but we will be setting it to have the cod and butt plate be strapped for easy removal as she often has to use a powerchair for larger events and needs a walker otherwise. We may need to cut the thighs and shins for easier sitting, and we'll see what other changes we need to make post build.

This will be the build thread. Let's see how it goes.

embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!97058&authk

• Like 6

Greeting all!
I'm about to start down this road. I was gifted a 850 armor works R1TK, minus the helmet. My son and I are planning to build it for my Wife (DS-32076), she currently only has a Mara Jade that she wears, but she is jealous of al the attention that Jarod and I get, so she wants to be a TK too! With her disabilities, our local Garrison Armor and GML both suggested the R1 style might be better for her as it maybe a bit easier to customize for her conditions.  We plan to build it standard, but we will be setting it to have the cod and butt plate be strapped for easy removal as she often has to use a powerchair for larger events and needs a walker otherwise. We may need to cut the thighs and shins for easier sitting, and we'll see what other changes we need to make post build.

embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!97058&authkey=!ADPaKH7dW2RR2lY&width=660

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minus the helmet is a blessing because... well... That 850 bucket isn't accurate at all. I'm surprised it can be approved with the tiny ears and other problems. Printing a Nico bucket will get this whole thing looking way way better.

Though mine is still in the build stage, sitting does seem easier and different than with an ANH TK. The cod slides under the belt and up as you sit. The ab section will need to be cut to fit under her chest. Mine is pretty high on me and slides up over my nips as I sit, lol. But the ab and chest attachment and fitment seems pretty secondary for sitting. All the magic is in the cod and belt.

Very cool project James! I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together. :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

The cod slides under the belt and up as you sit. The ab section will need to be cut to fit under her chest. Mine is pretty high on me and slides up over my nips as I sit, lol. But the ab and chest attachment and fitment seems pretty secondary for sitting. All the magic is in the cod and belt.

Very cool project James! I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together. :dancing-trooper:

We figure we will have to cut the ab down some for this as well, so we'll fit it to her sitting and when adjust as needed for when she stands for pictures.

We are excited to see how this goes.

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Greeting all!

embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!97058&authkey=!ADPaKH7dW2RR2lY&width=660

6f6eadbcd2e2ad01e3ef2e3f9c6854f4.jpg
My workbench RIGHT NOW!! This is my Nico ROTK helmet. The rest of my kit is a Frankenstein of Jim Tripon and Mr Paul’s Shoretrooper files and is in various stages of completion. This summer I will buckle down on it.

I’m excited that you’re working on a New Gen TK too! Maybe we can inspire each other to finish these things up!

Look forward to seeing your progress!
-Mike

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeRadness said:
 Maybe we can inspire each other to finish these things up!

Look forward to seeing your progress!
-Mike

Thanks Mike! I'll take a look at your thread, I need some inspiration.
I've got most of Nico's helmet printed as well.

a81daecd2cf47ecda4c859695b77cdba.jpg

• Like 1

Well, here we go.
Looks like it is all here.
There are a couple of pieces that I don't have a clue what they are, so I'm hoping that some of the build threads will be able to help me figure it out.
But the first step is lots of flashing removal.

b074456d7ee47188880c952ee52da410.jpgad84fa998b6cc995019a16f96258bf1b.jpg26dba96dd696ee699648f851f80049c2.jpg

• Like 3

So I started to watch the 850 AW build videos to get an idea of how different this build will be from an OTTK and I discovered that I'm missing some pieces. First off, I'm missing the TD mounting block (cheers to @gmrhodes13 for providing me a few 3d printed options to try). And secondly, I seem to be missing the 37" ABS strip for the belt. So it is time to source a few parts.

I'm hoping to at least start building arms and legs this weekend as they seem pretty much the same accept the build video showed it done as overlapping joints instead of butt joints. So I'll need to check some other build threads and the Crl to verify some build techniques.

• Like 1

Doing some forearm trimming on a rainy Sunday. Next step is to get them sized and then move on to the biceps.
5a9b81ecb0f6a6a3b18795f46ae96822.jpg

• Like 3

started to work on the helmet some. I'm not happy with how it printed, so I reached out to @TKModder421 to see about getting his modified files for the Nico R1TK helmet.

He sent them on to me, so I'll start printing those today. I've sent some of the smaller bits (ears, ear caps, traps and tears) to one of my friend for resin printing. I hope that they will turn out as well as Greg's pictures did on his post.

Here is what I was working, with. I'll hold on to it to practice finishing work on.

embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!97616&authkey=!AKI-FCdKMNRnYLw&width=3024&height=4032embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!97615&authkey=!AOT5I9nAxQCyhvs&width=3024&height=4032

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jsilvius said:

started to work on the helmet some. I'm not happy with how it printed, so I reached out to @TKModder421 to see about getting his modified files for the Nico R1TK helmet.

He sent them on to me, so I'll start printing those today. I've sent some of the smaller bits (ears, ear caps, traps and tears) to one of my friend for resin printing. I hope that they will turn out as well as Greg's pictures did on his post.

Here is what I was working, with. I'll hold on to it to practice finishing work on.

embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!97616&authkey=!AKI-FCdKMNRnYLw&width=3024&height=4032embed?resid=5D3B3581576E818A!97615&authkey=!AOT5I9nAxQCyhvs&width=3024&height=4032

Hey James! Modified files for the Nico R1TK helmet? Where can I see what these are, I'm very interested!

38 minutes ago, MikeRadness said:

I think I found it. I wish I would have found this before I finished just about everything on my original Nico Files helmet.

Yep you found it. Greg did some amazing updates, and I can't wait to get these printed, and see how it compares to what I have. The alignment pegs alone will be worth the extra print time IMHO.

• Like 1

Yep you found it. Greg did some amazing updates, and I can't wait to get these printed, and see how it compares to what I have. The alignment pegs alone will be worth the extra print time IMHO.

Yeah, the mods look awesome. Maybe someday I’ll build one. And make this current one a Mimban for Display.

Will Greg share with anyone that has purchased Nico’s files? Or?

I’m pretty green in the FISD community, so I don’t know many people.

• Like 1

Yeah, the mods look awesome. Maybe someday I’ll build one. And make this current one a Mimban for Display.

Will Greg share with anyone that has purchased Nico’s files? Or?

I’m pretty green in the FISD community, so I don’t know many people.

Hey Mike, this is Greg. Yeah I’m happy to share my mods with anyone that has purchased Nico’s original files. Feel free to DM me with some sort of proof of purchase and I can get you the files

• Like 3