TK4878 Mark Status

I'm working my way there with my FX.

Canvas belt is done, here are some of my other mods:

May12007004.jpg

May12007001.jpg

Thanks to Steven for the new buttons. Even my wife (who isn't into this hobby) thought it looked better than the big black buttons.

The canvas belt will be attached withs snaps. The abs ammo belt will snap on top of the canvas belt and I added an extra snap in the middle for strength. I still need to clean up the velcro glue from the belt area...

Btw, any suggestions for attaching the clips to the TD? I used super glue, but one of the clips already popped off. I was thinking of rivets, but when I unbent the clip it wouldn't bend back to its original full strength shape...

I actually used small screws to hold them in place. I drilled out a hole (with the TD unassembled, then placed screws in there and hot glued the nuts to the inside.

Hope this makes sense.

:trooper:

Problem is I'm working with a cemented TD, so I have to work outside in.

I originally had my TD rivets to my ABS belt from the inside just like you are talk about for screws. I guess I could try pulling the thing apart... Or make a new TD...

The remaining two things I'm still looking for solutions is a toy blaster conversion kit and tusks that will work with my skullworx setup.

I originally had my TD rivets to my ABS belt from the inside just like you are talk about for screws. I guess I could try pulling the thing apart... Or make a new TD...

The remaining two things I'm still looking for solutions is a toy blaster conversion kit and tusks that will work with my skullworx setup.

I too am looking for a solution to the Skullworx tusks. I've not had any luck to date, but keep me updated and I'll do the same.

How about just drilling out the rivets and using new ones to attach the clips?

Here is a link to the conversion kit I purchased on ebay: E-11 conversion kit

One option you could try is triktoys.com. I know he is a little high, but he has a set of aluminum tusks that look almost identical to the hovi-mix (without the ribs). They are slightly larger, and will support small speakers.

Also, I got a set of speakers from SuperTrooper that will work in the hovi-mix tusks. I gto a set, then decided not to add them into my stunt. If you want them, shoot me a PM and we can chat. Here is the thread he listed them on: Areator Speakers

For reference here are pics of the canvas belt.

May32007002.jpg

May32007001.jpg

As you can see, I've been addressing envelopes this morning before heading out to (yawn) work...

Are thous detachment pacthes!!!!???? :blink:

When did they come out????? :6:

Man one doesnt log on for 2 weeks and all sorts of good things happen!!!!! :D

Are thous detachment pacthes!!!!???? :blink:

When did they come out????? :6:

Man one doesnt log on for 2 weeks and all sorts of good things happen!!!!! :D

Think you might have missed the bus on these :( Will there be another run soon?

There will be another patch, but not of this one...

Think you might have missed the bus on these :( Will there be another run soon?

The next patches should be identical, but w/o the words 2007 Inaugural on it.

Ok fearless leaders you need to get your story straight. I heard something else from a different member of the staff. :unsure:

Yes, Ed & I should talk. It wouldn't be the first time he's tried to take over the detachment ;-)

Sounds like mutiny..... <_<

Wheres my blaster...... :Laser:

:P

Which actually traces it's lineage back to the worship of fertility gods, where the old/outgoing harvest god (barley or corn usually) was replaced at mid-winter by the new god, as a symbol of the transfer of the land's death/rebirth, thus ensuring next year's crop.

Sorry, been reading about the history behind the legend of Beowulf and Grendel lately...

http://www.amazon.com/Beowulf-Grendel-Behi...4881&sr=8-1

:mellow:

..... :huh:

That hurt.... i need a hobby outside of trooping, reading sounds good.

Was not expecting a answer like that..... but it was a gentle way to remind me that there are things other then finishing my suit.

Thx

:D

Ps read Beowulf in high school, like it then, think i will read it again.

And getting back on topic..

Side gaps, made out of my old thighs:

May72007083.jpg

May72007085.jpg

Small problem, while drilling out the rivet from the thigh ammo pack, I overheated the ABS and the rivet pulled straight through...

May72007084.jpg

Easily fixed with a larger rivet (one more trip to the hardware store).

How about just drilling out the rivets and using new ones to attach the clips?

Here is a link to the conversion kit I purchased on ebay: E-11 conversion kit

One option you could try is triktoys.com. I know he is a little high, but he has a set of aluminum tusks that look almost identical to the hovi-mix (without the ribs). They are slightly larger, and will support small speakers.

Also, I got a set of speakers from SuperTrooper that will work in the hovi-mix tusks. I gto a set, then decided not to add them into my stunt. If you want them, shoot me a PM and we can chat. Here is the thread he listed them on: Areator Speakers

I have plenty of speakers left if anyone needs them. They are pre-wired, ready to install and should easily fit the HOVI tips. I have full instructions on the wiring schematic for anyone that needs to install existing ones. AND, be advised you will get better volume installing them parallel over series configuration. I can also do them for 13.00 + 1.90 shipping. PM me if anyone needs them.

• 2 weeks later...

Status update since there won't be any work this week and next with CIV.

The side gaps solution appears to work. The real test will be on Sunday (Bay to Breakers) and CIV.

Gorilla glue seems to be the solution for clips to ABS. The bond is pretty amazing.

Blaster, thanks to Bernard for the tip, I have an ANH E-11 with counter on its way.

And as for the helmet, I'm giving RT a try that should arrive in June sometime.

Post CIV I will complete the shoulder strap mod (replacing my rivet holed ones) and await packages in the mail.

• 2 weeks later...
Status update since there won't be any work this week and next with CIV.

The side gaps solution appears to work. The real test will be on Sunday (Bay to Breakers) and CIV.

Gorilla glue seems to be the solution for clips to ABS. The bond is pretty amazing.

Blaster, thanks to Bernard for the tip, I have an ANH E-11 with counter on its way.

And as for the helmet, I'm giving RT a try that should arrive in June sometime.

Post CIV I will complete the shoulder strap mod (replacing my rivet holed ones) and await packages in the mail.

Side gap solution held thru Bay to Breakers and CIV :)

Clips held as well, the TD makes for a great car key 'locker'

Here's a few pics with my new blaster, thanks again Bernard.

May282007038.jpg

May282007039.jpg

Working on my new shoulders straps (rivet hole free):

May282007037.jpg

Oh and finally, since this has turned into my running blog, my next seal airing out from CIV

May282007040.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well due to Cons, work and family I haven't spend the time I wanted to finish my deployment standards update.

This afternoon while everyone else was napping, I did make a bit more progress. I upgraded the tube strips on my FX helmet.

See pics:

New stripes:

August5th2007001.jpg

Old for reference:

August5th2007003.jpg

August5th2007002.jpg

Updated!

August5th2007005.jpg

August5th2007004.jpg

Please PM me with any questions.