Pic heavy: My ANH armor (PT)

Hi there,

today I celebrated my EIB status approval by having professional photos taken. A buddy of mine works in a photo studio, so that was the obvious choice, roght? :)

This is us recreating the best known ANH TK promo shots, all I was missing for them to be more exact were a hero bucket, a short range blaster and maybe a little less of a beer gut...

3992706739_891a73804e_o.jpg

3993464408_afb3c26291_o.jpg

3993464182_bf87a3da7a_o.jpg

3993465526_c7814e23f4_o.jpg

3992707703_b45f650f27_o.jpg

3993465002_3949bfcaab_o.jpg

3993466512_10f5bd77a9_o.jpg

3992708029_fc89e9d2ef_o.jpg

We did a couple other poses too, of course:

3993667752_17936f4264_b.jpg

3992909483_d678cd3610_b.jpg

3992910557_68302b5836_b.jpg

3992911919_d3c8527a09_b.jpg

Elvis-Trooper, look out, there's a new kid in town:

3992919183_7fd1b92f81_b.jpg

3993680106_77cf064622_b.jpg

Bucket off, trying to give the evil stare - while my blaster falls out of my holster...

3992922467_9f7a30ec19_b.jpg

Looking like Dennis the Menace!

I would paint the insides white on some parts as its a bit see through'ish

3994821404_b34cbba5dd_b.jpg

Good work matey!

Whoa, thanks Pezza for the photoshopping! Great idea.

And yeah, those harsh studio lights really do shine through the armor in places, in a way sunlight doesn't. But maybe I'll paint it inside soon, but rather white than black - I was told that painting it black might give the armor a greyish tint from the outside.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I really recommend trying this out, what a blast that was!

• 4 weeks later...

Great pics and good job with your TK! And you don't have a belly problem, don't worry. I like how glossy your armor is, looks great with the reflection in your green lens on the 2nd pic. Also, the shoulder straps are glued really flush to the chest plate, nice.

I'll also use your pics as reference for my ANH TK, it's about 90% done now.

These pictures look fantastic I love the way you have recreated the 70's shots and yes you would kick that 70's TK's a**! I often thought that the originals were rather skinny, or is it that I am just fat? :lol::lol:

Now don't get me wrong great shots as they are, but is this armor not an open recast of TE2? If so why is it being flaunted and praised here?. :huh: This is not a dig and maybe when you bought it you didn't know but how did you get EIB status with an open recast? Just trying to get my head around the rules here? sometimes it is very confusing what is accepted and what isn't.

I'm just curious. :peace:

Thanks for your feedback, troops! You're right, those guys were real skinny in the movie. Better be able to kick @$$ than be blown to the ground with only 1 or 2 puny blaster hits on your chest, huh? :D

@Mark: I dunno...EIB is given for detail-oriented assembly and the general quality of your build. At least that's what I thought. The make or brand of an armor has nothing to do with it AFAK. I bought it because it was of a quality that I liked, no more, no less. :salute:

Back to topic, I feel the need to have another round of studio photoshooting: this time with my BFG! :)

I can only recommend anyone to do this, it's really fun and you get top notch pics of all your gear.

I was thinking of purchasing a suit from PT. I know he's probably a recaster, but I think a good looking set of armor at a decent price, and being flexible is a good deal. My current FX suit is great for walking around and moving about, but transportation in the car is a pain to sit down. His ebay photos arent the best and have terrible lighting, but these studio shots show how detailed and amazing his kit's detail really is. I'm convinced and am going to purchase a set off him within the next year.

• 2 months later...

wow dude, you never told me bout these pics. lol. all that time you were trying to explain how much better kits were in comparison to store bought... coulda just said check out my awesome pics. lol. after i finish my suit, i might just have to do this. lol. looks great :duim:

so i should paint the inside of the armor white?

and those last few shots... lol. totally awesome. :dancing-trooper: better keep track of your blaster a bit better though :P