Force-sensitive stormtroopers

FireDS

Could someone be a TK and carry a lightsaber like pictured below.

250px-Stormtrooper_Saber_art.jpg

CTSaber1.jpg

From WOOKIEEPEDIA

Force-sensitive stormtroopers were stormtroopers cloned from former Emperor's Hand Sa Cuis

Force-sensitive stormtroopers were trained in lightsaber combat by another Hand, Sheyvan, who later used them to mount a revolt against Emperor Palpatine while aboard a Lambda-class shuttle. Despite their training, they were killed by Darth Vader. Palpatine considered ordering more, but Darth Vader disagreed and thought that they were too dangerous.

Appearances:

A Two-Edged Sword

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron

Dark Empire II (First appearance)

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Did you make that lightsaber? If so, what materials did you use? I like to build (or buy) one myself.

Thanks.

Here is another ref shot.

From A Two-Edged Sword, a short story in Star Wars Insider 85 written by Karen Traviss

250px-V_sparring_C_clone.jpg

Also, if anyone has anymore pics or screenshots of these TK's with lightsabers from the games they are supposed to be in, please post em!

thanks

I don't see why you couldn't, althought depending on your garrison you wouldn't be allowed to wear it at certain events. I also doubt you'd get a special designation, you'd simply be a well-accesorized TK. B)

I have a TK lightsaber that I wear at cons. Most other events I keep it at home, since a lightsaber-wielding stormtrooper tends to confuse everyone except EU-familiar fans.

It's certainly fine to sport at a non-canon event, but I do not believe it's been 501st approved as an EU accessory yet due to lack of permanence / enough different sources.

Way back before the films were made Ralph McQuarrie was Commissioned for the concept artwork .This is hes stormtrooper with saber in hand.from this and many other paintings the characters were sculpted and brought to life .

With the force sensitive troopers things have come full circle.

Have i ever said" i would love to own this armour".

3736310345_b1bd13aa4c_o.jpg

When i was a little kid i allways thought the belt cannisters on the stormtrooper's backs were lightsabers and wondered why they never used them. I allways thought up until the prequals that the clone wars were fought entirely with lightsabers and the empire brought about the proliferation of blasters and the lightsabers the stormtroopers carried were just old standard issue from the wars.

would have been way cooler

I still believe they are what we used to refer to them way back - 02 cylinders. Even the action figure for the space trooper variant has the hoses plugging in to them.

Any one notice the first Troopoer to Darth's left (our right) in posed the same way as the concept Trooper. I read somewhere that that was planned as a tribute to Ralph McQuarrie. ;)

Stormtrooper_Saber_art.jpg

3736310345_b1bd13aa4c_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It's certainly fine to sport at a non-canon event, but I do not believe it's been 501st approved as an EU accessory yet due to lack of permanence / enough different sources.

Just wondering, how many different sources would one need?

Maybe we can scrounge up more sources or get Lucas to include them in the next movie :D

Somebody send him a text message.

There aren't going to be any more movies (so said Steve Sansweet at Dragoncon) but maybe someone can put the bug in Lucasfilm's collective ear about including Force-sensitive stormroopers in the live-action TV series coming out in a few years. Since the timeframe for the live-action series is supposed to be between Eps III and IV, at least the timeline would work.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I know this is kind of strange, but if anyone else out there is following the new direction of the Cartoon Network Clone Wars series, Darth Sidious (aka Palpatine) is attempting to harves mid-chlorians from children to use in creating new clones...I started laughing because of the whole EU thing, and my sister and her husband who were watching with me had to have an explanation.

So perhaps down the road if you wanted to be a Clone Trooper you can carry a light saber because it will be canon.

maybe someone can put the bug in Lucasfilm's collective ear about including Force-sensitive stormroopers in the live-action TV series coming out in a few years. Since the timeframe for the live-action series is supposed to be between Eps III and IV, at least the timeline would work.

im sure when the live action show starts, and gains in popularity, we will see alot more of the lesser known storylines. there is a huge timeframe to run with and lots of storys from comics and games to draw from. and whos to say they cant do a flashback storyline in a few shows of the old republic!

• 6 months later...

the lightsabre design has been done, if you look up a maker named "sabreforge" he makes Dueling heavy grade sabres.

I spoke with the designer and he's upgrading his design with an electronics sled, and heavy blades.

he's also upgrading his sound system.

just an FYI

364620162_tp.jpg

• 1 year later...

We've got one these hilts here at home. After hearing the reputation of the seller's electronics I bought an empty hilt for my wife's birthday (her request). I bought the electronics for it through The Custom Saber Shop. The hilt arrived and upon inspection I found that it wasn't ready for electronics installation. There's no hole drilled to install a power switch or button. There's no hole or other way to install a blade retention screw. To remove the pommel for access inside of the hilt it looks like I've got to undo a couple of set screws in order to remove the pommel.

It's a nice enough looking hilt but it's not friendly for someone who wants to install any electronics.