My ATA helmet

The price was right, so I took a chance and bought one.

This is comparable to any other styrene kit that I have built or worked on, as far as craftsmanship and durability goes. One of the sharpest pulls I've ever seen. I've studied the ATA next to several TE and TE2 helmets and the new ATA has more detail. I intended to crown mt TE2 kit with this gem, but now I'm anxious to see what ATA armor looks like.

Here is the only pic I have right now . I'll post more pics as the build progresses.

Taped together. A good fit.

UQJkxl4.jpg

I've studied the ATA next to several TE and TE2 helmets and the new ATA has more detail.

:huh::o No way.......

ATA is a mix of CAP and TE2 armor. CAP made the molds but ATA is using some detail parts from TE2. If this is wrong please correct me T.

From what I understand, ATA molds were fabricated from CAP molds. In essence, this is new armor - even though ATA "derives" it's origins from TE molds.

There is only one item that has a "direct-link" to TE2. I'm going to leave it up to ATA if he wishes to reveal what that piece is.

T :salute:

CAP recast TE, SDS and TM, he didnt make anything. Dan Laws made the TE/TE2 armor. ATA recast TE, TE2, and CAP essentially. But who cares anyway right? :mellow:

ATA is a mix of CAP and TE2 armor. CAP made the molds but ATA is using some detail parts from TE2. If this is wrong please correct me T.

In the beggining GF made FX. The he got a ROTJ and the BR helmet from ANH and made a new TK. But then LFL sued GF and he got THO of business. TE also used a TK from ROTJ and the BR helmet from ANH to make his TK, but not from ABS but HDPE. He sold to TE2. CAP recasted from TE and then ATA casted from CAP, but since ATA's TK was not OK he talked to TE2 who said it was OK to cast from his TK. TE2 lives in HI and it 2 tired of selling TKs, so he'll be listening to AC/DC for a while. Oh, and I need TP for my BH... :wacko:

:lol: (just joking)

Your loosing me bud...

I think if TE2 had a problem he would have said it when it was posted. He is all we have as far as integrity on this line of armor. Top of the heap for this stuff.

I am sure he will let us know.

No offense, but even if you are joking you are so incorrect I cannot even start.

I tried to be incorrect on purpouse. :P (that was part of the joke)

But just to clarify: I have absolutely no idea where the different armors comes from. In that respect this hobby is really a mess. :huh:

Edit to clarify a little more my joke: for new people, all these acronyms and discussion about what come from where and who made what and when (or why) adds really nothing and can be really confusing. Unless somebody wants to take the time to speak with the different makers, get some facts and write down his/her findings in an understandable way for everybody to read, and with historic rigour, all this discussions ends up in unverified claims, some accusations and Byzantine facts that are hard to follow and that usually derail unrelated threads. No offence.

Last edit (I promise): I really don't know if TE2 listens to AC/DC, but I hope he does because it's a great band. Just that.