My ATA helmet

I didn't expect my helmet build thread to turn into a debate; There was a discussion thread for that.

Agreed.

OK, this thread is about a helmet review, not recasting. If I see one more post that's not relevant to the review of this item, I'm suspending accounts and deleting posts.

Get back on target gents!

Agreed.

OK, this thread is about a helmet review, not recasting. If I see one more post that's not relevant to the review of this item, I'm suspending accounts and deleting posts.

Get back on target gents!

Gee, Mike. What a way to kill a thread :lol:

oh it is for sure... the paint is looking kinda... well fuzzy when it goes on... it dries and i can rub little tiny raised specs off... is this normal.. should i sand with really fine grit b4 clear coat... whats do i do...

Wash it first with warm soapy water. Prime several or more coats. Sand with fine grit paper. Wet sand with superfine grit paper. Let dry well and paint.

The ears are trimmed wrong too...

Thank you Mike, for pointing that out. I have since had more ears shipped to me. My mistake was cutting on the visible mold line. This particular set of ears were pulled with a lot thinner plastic, making that mold line stand out and naturally, I wanted to cut there. With my thicker gauge ears, I wont have that problem.

Upon closer inspection of the high res shots, I can see that they actually cut below the mold line.