Oversized accurate helmet

Well you could also make a silicone cast from the outside of the helmet and then make your mold from the silicone casting and the helmet would gain some size that way. That would make the helmet one plastic thickness larger minus any shrinkage that occurs.

In the 7 I have had in my hands, the sizes would go like this...

Ā 

FX, ANHv2, TE2, CAP, TM, MRCE, AP

Ā 

This is just what I needed! I could just barely fit my head into my MRCE. so its good to know I have other more accurate options (excluding the FX, that goes without saying) :)

Just remember.. All TK lids save for the FX are twist ons.

Ā 

There is no just plunking it on your noggin. Watch the movie, even small fry Luke twists it off.

Just remember.. All TK lids save for the FX are twist ons.

Ā 

There is no just plunking it on your noggin. Watch the movie, even small fry Luke twists it off.

Ā 

Doing the twist is not the problem, its just with a head 25.5" around I've never really been sure what helmet is for me. In my MRCE the front and the back of my head touches the front and back of the dome, no padding!

Doing the twist is not the problem, its just with a head 25.5" around I've never really been sure what helmet is for me. In my MRCE the front and the back of my head touches the front and back of the dome, no padding!

Ā 

Ehh, I have to twist on my FX...

Ehh, I have to twist on my FX...

Ā 

I was just gonna post that as I have to twist on my FX too lol. Twisting on my friend's AP was a bit more daunting and I did get on but it took a bit of time, looks like I am gonna try to grab a TE2.

It is my extrapolation, based on osmotic knowledge assimilation, that it seems to be understood that Lucas selected 'lil 5''9" fellers to make Vader appear larger. And many of the Tunisian local extras were probably a buck-fitty while wet, for the principal shooting...

Ā 

Move to the late 1990's-early 2000's, when the 501st was starting up and growing, and FX was ramping up output each year, and put a lot of TK suits out to American customers... and then you got a different kind of man in suits. They are 6'0"-to-6'2" 200 (give or take 20-25 pounds) pounders as a median.

Ā 

It seems very logical for a TE, TE2, or whatever would be allowed, to be given a 7% boost in size, to look good on an FX suit. I still think the FX suit would benefit from deeper bucks and a longer chest too, but they did not listen to me. And if you are under 6'0" and do not have $700-$900 for TK armor... use a Dremmel and spruce up an FX.

Ā 

When I hear guys complain about the hassle of re-working FX to look better... (1) they never built a clone suit ā€“ to do it right, expect 125 hours of time ā€“ and (2) they may be taking the play dress up too seriously... it is not that hard to use a heat gun, a palm sander, and strips of ABS for accurate strip detail to make an FX look better. And the FX-lite is a steal. That said, as we become more accuracy conscience, we may add a pair of this, or replace a torso, or whatever... and have a Franken-TK suit.

Ā 

I have clone armor (OSCS with some JAVA), and the OSCS bucks are made to fit any human. You just trim excess if you are normal-to-small and you do not have to shim if you are bigger.

Ā 

Obviously, my TC is also a Franken-TC as well.

Ā 

Back to Terrell's idea...

Ā 

The biggest remark I hear from normal size dudes ā€“ meaning guys who are not 5'8" and 175 ā€“ is they have to wear FX armor and lids to look proportionate. No offense to smaller guys, but I think Terrell's idea is fantastic. Personally, I have to wear FX armor. If I wore any other suit, it would look ridiculous. A larger BETTER helmet would be great for the Big Men Club.

Ā 

Ā 

John

I don't mean to take this off topic but here is the thread I started about my ANH V2.5 (no 3 yet)LOL

ANH V2.5 Thread

I was wondering why I was getting so many emails about my helmet lately.

Ā 

Well I will be doing a small run next week. If you want one let me know ASAP so I can get one made for you. PM's or emails are fine.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

kwdesigns said:
I don't mean to take this off topic but here is the thread I started about my ANH V2.5 (no 3 yet)LOL

ANH V2.5 Thread

I was wondering why I was getting so many emails about my helmet lately.

Ā 

Well I will be doing a small run next week. If you want one let me know ASAP so I can get one made for you. PM's or emails are fine.

Ā 

Any updated pix on the 2.5? Most of the ones shown are the 2.0. Would love to see a new 3.0 some day too :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

So lets talk hat size

9 5/8 over here..... what are u guys useing as far as lids in relation to your hat size?

Ā 

And yes a accurate large lid would be cool!

The biggest remark I hear from normal size dudes ā€“ meaning guys who are not 5'8" and 175 ā€“ is they have to wear FX armor and lids to look proportionate. No offense to smaller guys, but I think Terrell's idea is fantastic. Personally, I have to wear FX armor. If I wore any other suit, it would look ridiculous. A larger BETTER helmet would be great for the Big Men Club.

Ā 

I'm 6'4", 230lbs, and I still look like I'm wearing Jr. armor in my FX. Top that with an affordable MRCE and I feel like a pin head. Kevin's ANH v2.5 looks like the best deal for tall troopers. I've never seen one in person so I don't know how it really looks (photos really don't do any bucket justice). Any tall folks out there have one and can speak for it?

• 3 months later...

How about the new AM lid that are in the works??? I looked around here and other place and all i found is that D is "reforming" the old FX, but thats it. Does this mean that we will be seeing a large mor accurate FXish AM lid ( accurate large abs helmet???)?