The truth about pauldrons...

SuperTrooper

While the photo may be humorous, to some sandies, the message is not.

As a former XO for the MEPD, I echo the sentiments of many hard-core sandtroopers who believe that the pauldron should only be worn by a sandtrooper.

However with that said, we are a all-volunteer costuming organization, and each member is entitled to manage their own uniform/costume as they feel fit.

As someone once said, "a pauldron & weathering" does not a sandtrooper make...

T :salute:

While the photo may be humorous, to some sandies, the message is not.

As a former XO for the MEPD, I echo the sentiments of many hard-core sandtroopers who believe that the pauldron should only be worn by a sandtrooper.

However with that said, we are a all-volunteer costuming organization, and each member is entitled to manage their own uniform/costume as they feel fit.

As someone once said, "a pauldron & weathering" does not a sandtrooper make...

Amen to that. Sorry to be a spoil sport, but pauldrons are for TD's only :P

+1

Hilarious picture!

Finally! Man a Pauldron is dumb on a non TD.

YEA! I have always thought that many get accessory envy of the TD.

I have been guilty in the past...

Although I wear one as Vader. Hard to explain with out a pic, but trust me... I wear one. You would just never know I do. :D :D :D

The fact that many FX kits come with pauldrons is part of the problem. It's like the attitude is "it came with the kit, therefore it MUST be legit to wear." A common mistake, especially among TK newbies.

Maybe they should come with a disclaimer, such as "If you are not a sandtrooper but choose to wear the pauldron anyway, we take no responsibility for any negative reprecussions." :P

The fact that many FX kits come with pauldrons is part of the problem. It's like the attitude is "it came with the kit, therefore it MUST be legit to wear." A common mistake, especially among TK newbies.

Maybe they should come with a disclaimer, such as "If you are not a sandtrooper but choose to wear the pauldron anyway, we take no responsibility for any negative reprecussions." :P

Same could be said about black ab plate buttons and plastic belts. Alas...

Part of the appeal of a stormtrooper is that we all look the same.

If I get applications with TK's wearing Pauldrons, I deny them until they supply pics without a pauldron. Enough said.

As it should be. It's not part of the CRL.

It belongs on a TD plain and simple. LOL

Indeed . There was a bloke in our garrison who was adamant that he was going to wear a pauldron with his Officers costume and " it looks damn good " . He was persuaded otherwise ...

• 2 months later...

I think the pauldron is a necessary part of any costume...

Just think...if you turn it to the front, you have the perfect bib so you won't get BBQ sauce on your armor while eating ribs...and if it's already red...no need to clean it afterward!

Wow...I didn't know people actually wore it outside of the sandies...that's just...unnatural...