These 501st numbers were free as of October 2008

As per the thread title, these 501st numbers were free as of October 2008 when I started to get everything together properly for my TK. I'd thought I'd share all my hard work. It's okay, you can buy me a present later. ;)

Obviously, some of these will have been taken since then and obviously I waited to post this until I submitted mine. ;) Check, check and check again is my advice.

For some reason the 501st memberlist only goes up to early 4000s so there will be plenty of numbers after those that are still free, but I don't know how to access them.

<obsolete list removed by OP - see later post>

Your 501st number is for life and beyond...

If someone becomes inactive, passes on (which some sadly have :( ) or gets kicked out, the number is still theirs. It cannot be taken by someone else.

Once all the 4 digit numbers are taken (which could be a while), there are plans to go to 5 digit ID's.

That would be expected, it's just a shame that the list isn't available to those who are looking.

Speaking to the guys that head up the UKG today. It would seem that my list is pretty much redundant. The same thread on the UKG public boards was removed (quite rightly and I agree with their decision), so I have edited the original post here to reflect this.

If an admin or mod wants to delete or lock this thread that's fine. :)

Yep, but not the free ones. ;) Finding your numbers; that takes persistence and dedication. :lol:

Yeah, that's what I did. Just kept typing in numbers until I found a free one. The entire roster is (?) posted so it made it easier to see what's taken.

SuperTrooper said:

Here is the link to the full roster. It loads all the way down to trooper 9999.

---------------

Awesome! :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

YIKES!

Anybody know what the total of registered members is? There doesn't seem to be a lot left to pick from.

Probably have to ask the LMO. It's easy -- though tedious -- to parse how many numbers are claimed. It wold take longer to determine who is actually still a living active member in good standing.

--Jonah

Edited with Accurate Information:

LEGION MEMBERS

TOTAL APPROVED: 6636

TOTAL APPROVED and ACTIVE: 4325

TOTAL APPROVED and INACTIVE: 1902

So with TK NEGATIVE 1, and TK-0000, that's a grand total of 10,001 numbers

3,365 available TK numbers.

Edited with Accurate Information:

LEGION MEMBERS

TOTAL APPROVED: 6636

TOTAL APPROVED and ACTIVE: 4325

TOTAL APPROVED and INACTIVE: 1902

So with TK NEGATIVE 1, and TK-0000, that's a grand total of 10,001 numbers

3,365 available TK numbers.

Thanks.

Not really. Just find an available number, send it to your GML, and she can fix it instantly. Once she marks you as Ready For Duty, you'll have your application processed in 2-3 days. I recommend finding 2-3 numbers, just in case the number you select gets appointed to another trooper during your process.

• 1 month later...

I was just able to take the master list on 501st.com and copy the whole thing into MS excel. It's still a huge list, but you can then "ctrl F" and search for any number there. Still working on sorting, which is a bit more difficult since the numbers aren't technically in numerical order. They all start with TK, TD, TX, etc. Sorting by this is going to list it alphabetically, not numerically (and I'm not going to go through 6000 lines individually removing the first 2 letters!).

Wow, that is a pain trying to find a free number. I know it's kind of cool being able to choose your own, but at this point wouldn't it just be easier to assign them? Nobody chooses their driver's license number or a social security number. Cops don't pick their badge numbers. I certaintly didn't pick my Visa account number. Anyone else think that would be easier? :huh: