ANH Deployment Standards ready for comment

Daetrin

At last! FISD "deployment" standards are ready for final review & voting. Check them out here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/requirements/

Note that while discussion is welcome on the open boards, the final voting will be limited to detachment members only (e.g. 501st TK's).

<DL Hat>

A helmet shouldn't be excluded for size alone. If someone took an ANH helmet, laser scanned it, upsized it by 10% or so and did a run, as long as it looked proportional on a 6'2" trooper, shouldn't it be allowed?

If someone looks bobble-headed (e.g. think of same perfectly upsized helmet on someone who is 5'2") this is an overall costume dimension issue and their acceptance to the Legion should be up to their GML or ultimately the LMO. All other costume dimension issues work the same way (e.g. if I were to try to do a 5'11" Vader with some of the parts made for the 6'6" Vaders).

If there is a call for vote & second to ban FX specifically from deployement standards then the command staff will - like any other modifications to this standard - put it up for a vote to the detachment membership.

</DL Hat>

<Personal Hat>

My personal objections to the FX are due to fact not of it's size but the fact that it doesn't "look" like a screen used helmet. The dome is off, the tubes are off, so many things are just wrong. So I want it out because of how it looks.

</Personal Hat>

Just to add onto what Paul is saying.

A perfect example of the size vs accuracy is the ANHv2. It's an oversized bucket, but still looks very accurate. I don't think anyone is going to argue that it souldn't be considered based on size.

Some of those standards look mighty familiar. :P Good work guys.

Thanks for remembering that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

• 3 weeks later...

..well..I am waiting on my 501st approval, so I doubt I will be able to vote before it's to late..but for what its worth, I am kind of torn on the no FX helmets...on one hand I see the point about the non accuracy ( I am already planning to upgrade mine!), but on some troopers and with some attention to detail, it looks pretty good. As far as the Hengstler counter requirement,I don't feel it should be required..since there are quite a few without them in the movie ( as seen here).

millenniumfalcon_duke_anh1080p_troo.png

Just my 2 cents, not being a 501st member yet, but I think that if an FX bucket conforms to the standards, like the gray cutout frown and blue tube stripes, it should still be acceptable for deployment.

we should look at our goals

standarts should raise the bar a bit higher

there are a lot of more accurate stuff out there

why shouldn?t we raise the bar?

it?s time for better costumes

how long would you see the inaccuratest armors?

• 1 month later...

What about those of us that don?t have the money to buy a 500 dollars bucket just to upgrade it?

Have you thought about that?

will we become elitist against those that just don?t have the resources to do so?

Myself? It took me sooo long to get the money piled up to buy mine armor that right now upgrading my FX is OUT OF THE QUESTION... I just don?t have the money to spend on just a Helmet.

And if I did i guess i would use it for my outpost charity events.

Sorry to all if I sound upset but it really fires me up that some think that almost 50 to 80 % of us troopers should change our helmets and spend so much money (AGAIN!) due to a 5 cms discrepancy overall.

I?m one of those that beleive that the change sould be done willingly, ?cause for as Long as the council accepts the FX to BE SOLD because THEY ACCEPT IT in the legion then it should be a choice of the accepted owner to upgrade it or not.

Once again, we all agree that the new fan made buckets look more accurate and nice but they?re so expensive as to become a luxury to have one for some of us.

Think about ppl that don?t have the resources to buy such expensive workmanship and please get in our shoes for a while.

I?ve been accepted into the legion, yesterday to be exact, and I?m striving to achieve Mark IV Status... it would really put me off to know that I can?t strive for it because of my bucket.

I will go drink some tea or something now.... need air.

Sorry again for the outburst.

Dargas

TK-1845

I believe this is how it should be

Legion standards - FX, TE, AP, etc. (Pretty much any helmet)

Mark Deployment is a helmet such as TE, GF, Gino, AP, ANH2.

That is the whole point of being Mark Deployed. You are going for the look of the movie style trooper.

So FX helmets are fine for the Legion but for Mark Deployment in the FISD it should not be.

I think that is the idea behind Mark status.

Having myself put together after a cup of tea....

I guess you?re right about the 100% accurate Mark Status.

It?s Shame though... a lot of us won?t be able to achieve the status "for a looong time.... a loong time"

Anyway... will keep on modding for the Mark IV nonetheless, even though I know I won?t be achieving it, at least I?ll feel better about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a quick question. I have an AP ANH lid that has been done in the Hero look. As I was ataching the ears I first only had the top and bottom screw holding them on. Then without thinking I added the third screw to hold them down better. In the standards it does not say how many for stunt or hero. So,. am I filling holes or not?

Because deployment standards are based on screen accuracy (and jump in Paul if I am wrong), either will work. In the film, hero style helmtes can be seen with one or two screws on each side. The "normal" configuration for the hero was 1 screw per side, and the stunt 2, but it is not a part of the deployment standard.

References to the side screws are not even covered, so there is no issue using two screws per side if you want to go the "hero" route.

Again, I am very new as Deployment officer, but I have almost committed all of the Mark requirements to memory, and screws are not ever mentioned for ANH or ESB. However, no screws on the earcaps ARE part of the ROTJ standards.

Hope this helps.

:trooper:

Deployment standards were not meant to mean 100% film accuracy, nor to nit pick in every last tiny detail. I'd say we should amend the standard for these to be recommended, but not required.