ANH Deployment Standards ready for comment

Daetrin

Whew! Dodged a bullet there. The TK projuct is taking much longer than I had first thought. It is a New Hope as said before and is really made for folks under 6'. Problem is I'm 6'4" and I am having to mod quite a bit. Even looking at having to re-vac a kidny plate. But this is not the thred to go into all of that.

Thanks guys!

Deployment standards were not meant to mean 100% film accuracy, nor to nit pick in every last tiny detail. I'd say we should amend the standard for these to be recommended, but not required.

I agree. We can also look to add some of the other items, like frown paint scheme and kidney/butt plate seperation.

Let me know what I need to do.

Deployment standards were not meant to mean 100% film accuracy, nor to nit pick in every last tiny detail. I'd say we should amend the standard for these to be recommended, but not required.

Hey, if the screws are not apart of the ANH helmet standards, why are they for the ROTJ helmet standards? :unsure:

Hey, if the screws are not apart of the ANH helmet standards, why are they for the ROTJ helmet standards? :unsure:

Good question.

Because someone noticed it in one and not the other. There were lengthy request for comments on all standards plus open votes. It was brought up on one and not the other.

All standards can be amended by detachment vote.

Because someone noticed it in one and not the other. There were lengthy request for comments on all standards plus open votes. It was brought up on one and not the other.

All standards can be amended by detachment vote.

Oh, ok sorry about that I just didn't know :unsure:

Oh, ok sorry about that I just didn't know :unsure:

No worries mate - it was a valid question :D

• 1 month later...

I like the standard. I think we should be setting the bar higher. Otherwise we could just be 501st members. ( with all due respect) I mean look at MEPD.net. The standards there are higher than the 501st's. They do accept the FX for now, but I see that changing in the next couple of years. TM makes a great bucket that is larger than the other ANH helmets. Also the ANH2 is a good choice. There are many options for more accurate helmets popping up every day. Maybe a deadline like 2008 would give everyone enough time to come up to standard? I do agree that the bigger guys do need a bigger helmet. hmm. maybe make an exception for 6 ft or taller until a better option comes along?