TK-24881 Requesting ESB Stunt Stormtrooper EIB Status (RS) - Approved 2nd

Trooper Information

Name: Tim Platt
Garrison: UK Garrison
Height:  5'7"
Weight: 174lb

501st Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=33805

Armour Information

Armor Maker: RS Propmasters

Helmet Maker: RS Propmasters

Blaster Maker: RS Propmasters

Boot maker: Imperial boots

Canvas belt supplier: RWA

Hand guard supplier: RS Propmasters

Holster maker: RS Propmasters

Photos to follow. Thank you in advance for your consideration and feedback.

Sent from The Empire

Hi Tim,  I will be the Deployment Officer overseeing your application. 

Your application looks great and you have an amazing set of armour.  Before we go ahead with the approval however, I just need a couple of things from you.

1. Could you please send another photo of the right side of the helmet?  The one you have does not clearly show all 3 screws as the bottom screw is not visible.  You just need to grab the photo at a slightly lower angle.

wrCvMjx.jpg?1

There are a couple of minor fixes that we will need you to do as well before we can move ahead with the approval. 

With respect to the thermal detonator,  Your control panel is sitting a bit too high and the round disk is pointing upwards.  The CRL for the control panel is as follows:

Basic CRL: The white control panel raised ribbed pad faces the rear, with the controls/round washer style detail closest to the right end cap.

This is a fairly simple fix.  All you need to do to correct this is open up the clip a bit to allow the thermal detonator to roll down a bit.

Reference Images

xYTgcU7.jpg         WR2lYHP.jpg  nqCxdRu.jpg

The second fix we will need on the thermal detonator is with respect to the placement of the clips.  They should be up against the white end caps.  You will just need to move them over slightly.  If the black paint on the screws gets chipped off while doing this, its a simple touch up with a dab of paint.

L2 CRL: Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.

Reference Images

fblrLhG.jpg           704ZOfr.jpg   dounUMJ.jpg

• Like 4

All good with these Doggy. May have questions about the angle of the TD buttons but will see how I get on first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrickyT81 said:

May have questions about the angle of the TD buttons but will see how I get on first.

Here is a photo to explain what I am talking about with adjusting the clip.  You essentially are just unrolling the thermal detonator on the clip slightly.  Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

aQmICkE.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Doggy,
To rectify the TD clip placement, I’ve had to remove the button panel, cover the old clip holes and re-glue (the new holes would have been too close to old ones and would probably have made one bigger hole). I’ve then attached the clips in the correct position.

Just as an FYI, my RS build kit came with the clips already attached.

I’ll post new pictures tomorrow, along with the additional helmet images. Do you me need to put the full suit back on or are you happy with just the top half so you’re able to see that the TD buttons are angled correctly?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Doggy,
I’ve now made the corrections to my TD which I hope now meets the CRL requirements. Please find photos of this plus the additional helmet photo you requested showing the 3 screws on the ear piece.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
Tim

a9f09fb2a727bbe186f84e30132a38fc.jpg
0d1a36a5a2643ba33c3caea725a81721.jpg
6b842dbc56bd9878e25bde97d8b5b25a.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Tim, 

Sorry for the slow reply,  was away trooping for the weekend. 

The photos look good.  I will look over your application over the next few days.

• Like 2

Hi Tim, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

The angle of screws should ideally line up with the back of the trap. The left side is pretty close , but the right is just a bit off.

References

sweXiRq.jpg   qvckaMW.jpg                   Jc14vot.jpg mx2FdKs.png

The shoulder straps are floating a bit in the back.  This should be an easy fix with a hot water bath.

References

rJ3Mqp1.jpg         shI7XVK.png  lPFDQ81.jpg

Your left thigh is sitting a bit high when compared with the right side and will likely cause armour bite where it meets the cod piece.  This is likely more of a strapping issue and should be an easy fix.  The sniper knee plate may need to be shifted forward to make room once the thigh is lowered.  This may be achieved with some padding at the top front portion of the shin armour.  May also want to trim off the top of the front cover strips on the thighs as they will dig into the upper leg when walking.

References

6nDKrSW.jpg  B5K0D4n.jpg                      2j62FV0.jpg   AHyaw5X.jpg

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for our highest tier of approval.  Because Centurion photos must show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Level 3 might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we are able to clearly see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Your right shoulder bell distance from the shoulder strap is perfect, the left could be moved in a bit.  This can be corrected with a slightly shorter strap or by moving the snap further in on the shoulder bridge

L3 CRL: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armour and the chest/back plates

References

ZZnk7Uu.jpg                    Q2ywMQ2.jpg   9uhAeG4.jpg

Fill in gap at bottom of rear of the right thigh.  You can use Sugru or ABS paste for this

L3 CRL: Lower thigh ridge joins (front and rear) shall butt-up flush against each other. Any gaps must be backed with ABS or filled as not to be noticeable.

References

UIUuuY9.jpg                              QzuTjD1.jpg f4xHZFh.jpg

Your ammo belt should be brought up slightly to sit at the bottom of the lowest blue button. This can be corrected with a bit of Velcro to hold the belt in place.

L3 CRL: The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

References

utlLcyi.jpg              YeQCGRT.jpg  zE7fs56.jpg

• Like 2

• Doggydoc changed the title to TK-24881 Requesting ESB Stunt Stormtrooper EIB Status (RS) - Approved 2nd

Congratulations on your second EIB trooper, updated Honor Gallery image added

e61N7sO.gif

• Like 1

Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry!

• Like 1

Wow! Thank you so much for approving my armour for EIB and the detailed feedback for my Centurion application, which I will submit soon. In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy this moment.

When I do come to make the suggested corrections, should I post any questions I have on this thread or my build thread?

Thanks again, I’m so pleased.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TrickyT81 said:

When I do come to make the suggested corrections, should I post any questions I have on this thread or my build thread?

Welcome to EIB ranks Trooper! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:   .

IMO, to keep the workflow going, I would suggest posting your questions in your thread.

14 hours ago, TrickyT81 said:

It's also a lot easier in this thread as the DO suggestions/comments can also be accessed and compared with any questions you may have.

Looking forward to seeing your centurion app soon :duim:

• Like 2

Hi Doggy,
I’m just making the alterations for following your recommendations in prep for my Centurion application and I have a question around the gap you mentioned on the back of my right thigh. I already have a piece of ABS there but can’t see too clearly because of the lighting on the picture.

I’ve included a close up with this post and let me know whether this will suffice, or what further recommendations you have.

Thanks again buddy!

57eabdbc9f8ae15db3cf03e4d8021195.jpg
e926cbdfef1d3f4e04c5c869a58a3875.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrickyT81 said:

Hi Doggy,
I’m just making the alterations for following your recommendations in prep for my Centurion application and I have a question around the gap you mentioned on the back of my right thigh. I already have a piece of ABS there but can’t see too clearly because of the lighting on the picture.

I’ve included a close up with this post and let me know whether this will suffice, or what further recommendations you have.

Thanks again buddy!

57eabdbc9f8ae15db3cf03e4d8021195.jpg
e926cbdfef1d3f4e04c5c869a58a3875.jpg

It's normally the gap that needs filling, even with a piece behind the thigh.

Reference

gallery_12157_15_2547.jpg

Sugru or ABS paste will fill this gap

• Like 1