MR CE - idiots guide

seems to me more and more people are doin this.

and the original WIP I used no longer seems to have piccies included. And I have been told my own pic-by-pic has been a little bit helpful to others in UK. It is a true newbie/idiots guide though as I am new to all this myself

heres a link to my WIP on the UKG public access forums. I hope it doesnt infringe any posting rights on this or the UKG sites. If it does - let me know and I will repost al the piccies here again.

it aint the definitive way of doing it, but its the way I approached it having gleaned info from several different threads.

I did mention this on my UKG thread, and I wil say it again though - Thanks to Luis, Noel, Riveting (steve) and cranky

http://ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19182

hope others will find it useful

Nate

My FX helmet is way too large so I am slowly cannabalizing it for parts. I use a AFX/GT helmet now which fits so much better.

I bought the MRCE to replace the FX, but was way to nervous to deal with it. Then I ordered a TE2. So now I am working on both. One will be for a TD kit.

As I understand it, if I want to go Elite or MEPD deployed, the AFX/GT helmet is not acceptable.

I bought the MRCE to replace the FX, but was way to nervous to deal with it. Then I ordered a TE2. So now I am working on both. One will be for a TD kit.

Do the TE2 as the TD... let the MR CE be the clean white... that's my opinion. :)

Since the MR is "stylized" leave it that way... let it be clean and "nice".

And TDs look much better with screen accurate armor I think!

Oh... and your link isn't working Heatshock.

good on kenny, I noticed the drop to 42 quid too - but since I already have 2 I thought I'd better not get another

I also seem to have got the 'bug' that so many told me abt before. I love my MRCE, but of late - I ve been sniffing abt a TE2 and AP... gggrrrr this hobby is very frustrating!!

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys...my MRCE is in the mail as we speak. This will be my first helmet, so I plan on modding it as well for 501st entry. I've pretty much covered the basics for the mod. New tube stripes, screws in the ears and underneath near the neck, darker lenses and fill the gap in the chin. I also will be adding fans, speakers and new padding inside. Any suggestions as to where to get those and if they will fit ok compared to the FX helmets?

• 1 month later...

*chuckle* I now have my MR CE, which I'm going to use for reference as I tweak my TE2s and then mod into my Royal Guard Stormtrooper armour (what is still called the Magmatrooper by the 501st). So I'm now digging back into all the MR CE modding threads for tips, now that I actually have the dang thing. And seeing the rest of how this thread has gone... Well, here's my Hall of Heads list. :)

Have (in various stages of completion): 2½ TE2s (2 ANH TK -- one for me), 1 TD), MRCE to mod, MLC v3 (that needs to get shipped off to Jen for her Scout), bad fibreglass Rubie's Scout recast that I'm seeing if I can turn into an origianl Storm Commando, 2 Hasbro Clone helmets to mod, modded DP Royal Guard.

Scratch-Making: 2-4 steel Mando helmets, correctly-scaled Royal Guard sculpt, Clonetrooper concept sculpt, Royal Guard flight helmet.

Still need to get: 1-2 more MLC v3.1 Scouts, at least 1-2 JM Phase I Clones, Neyo, SF Phase II Clone.

:D

--Jonah

oh man - if u look for a clone5 phase I - theres a good guy on TDH/CE sellin one out of Australia.

its authentic and he is known forum user. Names Kidara - tell him Nate (Heatshock) sent yer.

btw - u sound like my kinda lid obsessed nutter like me

I am intrigued by u steel mando lids... very intrigued.

'Preciate the advice on the clone 5 bucket. I'm happy modding the Hasbro buckets. $30 (probably about £15 with the current painful exchange rate) is very do-able, and I'm not averse to a little elbow grease. I do want to get a JM for myself, and I've got the funds building for that. I'm going to do one as a Phase I Clone Commander (stock with the yellow stripe kind) with swappable earpiece to make it an ARC; and the other as one of the custom Phase I Clones, like Fox or Thire or one of those. The other will just be a plain white Clonetrooper for Jen.

I may be a helmet nut, but I intend to wear all of them. I don't collect makers. *chuckle* I have little enough room as it is, I can't spare any more for purely-display pieces.

And the steel Mando is easy if you know how to weld. :D Print out WOF's templates, stick 'em down to 18ga steel, cut out, test fit, adjust as needed, weld, finish. :)

Out of those, the Sandtrooper is for my friend Matt; one ANH Stormtrooper, the Scout and Shadow Scout, Phase I and II Clone, and one Mando are all for Jen -- and she might get one or more of those as she is able to, unless I beat her to it. The rest are mine, and most are for a single persona at different points along his personal timeline or in different circumstances.

--Jonah

ok since i am probly gonna start modding my mrce do all tk buckets have the raised brow? and how much did you raise it total in the center, 1/4"? personaly i like the brow on mine as is but guess i need to try to fit in somehow ;)

ok since i am probly gonna start modding my mrce do all tk buckets have the raised brow? and how much did you raise it total in the center, 1/4"? personaly i like the brow on mine as is but guess i need to try to fit in somehow ;)

Nah the brow is different on the helmets.

I will keep my CE brow original. To me the helmet design has a sanitized "would have been if the film was made today/the empire existed" look and I dont want to make the brow wonky.

If you like it dont change it.

Cheers

oops soz Tom R - wasnt ignoring you, didnt see your post

Naz is right though - the brow is something that is variable. In fact the brow lift is not one of the 'required mods' for clearance

I just didnt like how low my was sitting, but u are certainly welcome to keep it as is w/o any penalty

I like the raised brow. I actually think it looks meaner... more like an feral cat with its ears back about to strike, or a snake that has that 'wide eyed' look. Very other-worldly / alien as well.