All-In-One Bucket Units

Hello everyone,

I've been searching around and coming up with nothing to my liking, so hopefully we can get something going here...

I am working with an AP helmet here, so I know that space is going to be tight, so it is better to patch things together, however, I am something of a perfectionist when it comes to being neat, tidy, and clean. Does anyone know of any all-in-one helmet kits that include cooling, amps, static burst, etc (I already have put in for some hovi-speakers. Kudos, Stomper!)? Or is it better to mix and match?

Thanks!

Jeremy

i'm at this point myself... think skullworx offers a all in one unit, along with cable tidies.

as for space - speak to Daetrin - think he once mentioned stuff all this electronics into a AP bucket.

myself - I went for mix and match cos it fitted my spending pattern better

I have like $25 bucks wrapped up in my VOX system. Voice changer at Wal mart and a Wireless kit. I'm still fighting feedback with the unit tho. My next move is cradling the mic in dynamat.

I got the Wal-Mart voice changer as well, about $20 total put into it. Running to a pair of Stompers Hovi speakers. Still undecided on whether or not I'll need fans, maybe after a summertime troop I'll know for certain.

It's a bit of a pain to piece-meal all the electronics, but I think you will be happier with the results.

Skullworx is the only all-inclusive system I know of and installs in about 5 minutes. Quality is good and it's certainly convenient. That said, it's just a basic analog sound system that you could do yourself with a bit of time.

The TCI is a great piece of kit and is pretty easy to install and doesn't take much effort esp. if you get Stomper's hovis with speakers installed.

Of all the sound systems I've heard though, nothing but nothing beats the RomFx. They are *very* pricey given the exchange rate but if you want the best...

For sizing, my garrison mate actually has his RomFx and battery boxes (double A no less) 100% self-contained in the helmet, so it can certainly be done.

Actually I sold my helmet that had vox and so am currently vox-less actually until I can get a new RomFx. I think he's working on a bluetooth system, so am saving my pennies for magic to happen next year.

aye I heard the same from ROM Fx. it is the top quality stuff. but even for a UK trooper it aint cheap. On the plus side - the exchange rate is actually quite good for US guys atm - take it from a UK trooper buying lots from US ;P

only problem is UK mail charges ludicrious rates for mail to US.

wot lid u sporting now Paul?

• 3 weeks later...
Hrm.. does anyone here have a Skullworx kit in an AP bucket? I would love pictures!

I'd love to try out the Skullworx kit, but they never respond to any emails. I've sent Skullworx no less than 3 emails and no response. Oh well. I'm building mine out of the Walmart Voice Changer and SR800RMS's mounted in the Aerators. A lot cheaper, and might even be fun once I start.

I have an AP helmet and have used the mix and match tecnique so i am getting all the best pieces of kit.

I have a set of bucketworks fans sold here on the forum,rom fx board,radio shack haedset with gooseneck boom (minus headset also removed mic from flexible stalk and used the mic that comes with the rom fx) and finally a set of stompers hovis (no feedback) all wires are covered with black velcro and some fit inside a piece of black flexi pipe.

P1010440.thumb.jpg.72f984e544cbc31f0b88263a3e25ea47.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

That looks really cool Colin! I have an AP lid too and there's NO WAY I could get all that and my head in there too though! LOL It HURTS to put that thing on and take it off (sure does look good though!)

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the kind comments.Yeah i know what you mean,i have a small head and after owning 8 different buckets i finally found the perfect one thanks to firebladejedi who kindly sent me some measurements of his AP.All the padding and battery boxes are stuck on with velcro which means i can move the parts around if need be and really the only 2 parts that are in the main part of the helmet is one of the fans and a 9v battery all the rest of the parts are tucked under the recess's which is all wasted space. Also the way i have all the parts it means the helmet is evenly weighted :D

I have had the pleasure of trying Colin's bucket on and I can vouch for how sweet it is. There's a lot of love in that bucket. :duim:

The details are all painted very well, the interior is really astounding, the fans are great. I can get it on and it's a snug comfortable fit. If my SDS Battlespec turns out half as good as Colin's AP, I'll be a very happy trooper. :D

Great bucket, mate.

I just gutted a $5 walmart Voice Changer and wired it to (2) SR800RMS micro speakers that cost about $1.55 each. So I've got less than $10 in my vox system and let me tell you, it sounds awesome. (Looks like hell inside the helmet at the moment. -But I'll fix that). I have absolutely ZERO feedback with this setup. I followed Smittys instructions for rewiring the circuit board and improvised with getting the tiny speaker into my aerators. (but since you already have prewired hovi's, you're golden.) Anyone can do this. I had NO experience with a soldering iron before tonight and with the guidance of the great people on this forum, managed to get a great sounding vox system for very little money!

• 6 years later...

I just gutted a $5 walmart Voice Changer and wired it to (2) SR800RMS micro speakers that cost about $1.55 each. So I've got less than $10 in my vox system and let me tell you, it sounds awesome. (Looks like hell inside the helmet at the moment. -But I'll fix that). I have absolutely ZERO feedback with this setup. I followed Smittys instructions for rewiring the circuit board and improvised with getting the tiny speaker into my aerators. (but since you already have prewired hovi's, you're golden.) Anyone can do this. I had NO experience with a soldering iron before tonight and with the guidance of the great people on this forum, managed to get a great sounding vox system for very little money!

Seems like I do this often but I have to ask, can you tell me where you found Smittys instructions for the rewiring of the hovi's ?

Thank You,

Dan

Ah, Smitty. Alas, what a good bloke. Yeah, the search can be hard - it should be a sticky unless someone moved it?

Ah, I see. Someone moved the TIPS & HOWTO's to a sub-forum at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tips-and-howtos/

Maybe the mods will put it back as a top level to make it easier to find? It's in such a state of disrepair. So sad, all that hard work...and it's been left to rot since 2011...